shape
carat
color
clarity

Small pink diamond or pink diamond halo ring

slg47

Ideal_Rock
if a halo is too blingy...maybe consider something like this with pink diamonds in the band (with the pink gold, it would look fabulous!)

any shape in the center would work too!

ring

Deia

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I hope this doesn''t become another classic case of "scared the newbie away"....

The ring slg47 posted is beautiful as well and imo would be a great option if you choose not to have a halo.

Keep us posted!!

Leibish & Co.

Rough_Rock
Trade

At Leibish & Co. we pride ourselves on delivering highest-quality fancy colored diamonds, and our many satisfied customers worldwide attest to this. The vast majority of our stones are GIA certified, a few are IGI certified. Regarding the remaining few that are not graded (as those within the industry know it is acceptable practice to certify stones of greater value, and not necessarily to pre-grade those of lesser value until requested), we are more than happy to provide GIA grading to interested buyers.

Itzik Polnauer
E-commerce Manager
fancydiamonds.net

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/23/2010 9:43:35 AM
Author: Leibish & Co.

At Leibish & Co. we pride ourselves on delivering highest-quality fancy colored diamonds, and our many satisfied customers worldwide attest to this. The vast majority of our stones are GIA certified, a few are IGI certified. Regarding the remaining few that are not graded (as those within the industry know it is acceptable practice to certify stones of greater value, and not necessarily to pre-grade those of lesser value until requested), we are more than happy to provide GIA grading to interested buyers.

Itzik Polnauer

E-commerce Manager

fancydiamonds.net

Itzik, welcome to Pricescope.
I hope you will post more.
We need more colored diamond expertise and representation here on PS.

May I ask why some diamonds on fancydiamonds.net do not show a price, but are "Call for Price" ?
Some prices that are listed are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so it can't just be the most expensive ones.
Speaking only for myself I only buy diamonds with published prices, and I suspect I speak for many customers who also cherish the transparency of Internet pricing.
Secret prices make me nervous and scare me away from considering a diamond.

Also could you address IGI vs. GIA reports when it comes to naturally fancy colored diamonds?
Here on PS there are a zillion threads about how many color and clarity grades difference there are in white diamonds between GIA and EGL.
When it comes to fancy color grades could we say an IGI Fancy Vivid is a GIA Fancy Intense or just a Fancy?
Or will go on record saying IGI and GIA have the same grading standards on Fancy color?
If so why not just send them all the IGI, which I assume costs less?
On the other hand, increasingly savvy customers insist on GIA paper, so why not send them all to GIA?

Diamonds are expensive so I want to be sure of what I'm getting; that's why I insist on reliable grades from the best labs.
This is even more true with the more-expensive naturally-colored diamonds.

Lastly I read here that black diamonds with no GIA report are almost certainly treated.
Is this true that your blacks with in house graded are treated?

missydebby

Brilliant_Rock
Great questions, Kenny! I feel the same way about published prices and am just as curious about the grading.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 1:44:40 AM
Author: slg47
if a halo is too blingy...maybe consider something like this with pink diamonds in the band (with the pink gold, it would look fabulous!)

ring
Nice alternative choice for getting the pink color.
One small clarification, this ring uses only colorless diamonds, in a pink gold band.

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 11:20:18 AM
Author: missydebby
Great questions, Kenny! I feel the same way about published prices and am just as curious about the grading.
+1 Kenny you asked so wonderfully things I had thought of myself. I feel much the same about published prices and am curious about grading. After seeing so many poorly graded IGI and EGL stones in stores, I do worry about them with fancy or even near fancy colors.

ETA: I fully understand not sending smaller stones to IGI or GIA since it can add a major cost to a smaller stone. So when I am curious about why IGI vs GIA I am speaking for stones generally over 1/2 carat or so.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks guys, but I hope I didn't scare Itzik away with my pointed questions.

I often get in trouble for saying what others really think, but are too nice to say.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 11:30:07 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

yes, sorry if that was unclear, I meant that the OP could get something similar but with pink diamonds in the band instead of the colorless!

ring

One small clarification, this ring uses only colorless diamonds, in a pink gold band.

ChunkyCushionLover

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 11:58:36 AM

Date: 6/23/2010 11:30:07 AM
Author: ChunkyCushionLover

yes, sorry if that was unclear, I meant that the OP could get something similar but with pink diamonds in the band instead of the colorless!

ring

I had to reread above a few times. I think now you were suggesting modifying the design to get pink diamonds with the pink gold.
This is however a for sale item sold as is and would be more expensive as a custom job with pink diamonds but still a nice choice within OP's budget.

slg47

Ideal_Rock
yes, but OP could get one made similarly?

Leibish&Co

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/23/2010 10:49:36 AM
Author: kenny

Itzik Polnauer

E-commerce Manager

fancydiamonds.net

May I ask why some diamonds on fancydiamonds.net do not show a price, but are ''Call for Price'' ?
Some prices that are listed are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so it can''t just be the most expensive ones.
Speaking only for myself I only buy diamonds with published prices, and I suspect I speak for many customers who also cherish the transparency of Internet pricing.

Also could you address IGI vs. GIA reports when it comes to naturally fancy colored diamonds?
Here on PS there are a zillion threads about how many color and clarity grades difference there are in white diamonds between GIA and EGL.
When it comes to fancy color grades could we say an IGI Fancy Vivid is a GIA Fancy Intense or just a Fancy?
Or will go on record saying IGI and GIA have the same grading standards on Fancy color?
On the other hand, increasingly savvy customers insist on GIA paper, so why not send them all to GIA?

Diamonds are expensive so I want to be sure of what I''m getting; that''s why I insist on reliable grades from the best labs.

Lastly I read here that black diamonds with no GIA report are almost certainly treated.
Hey all, thank you for the warm welcome, don''t worry you didn''t scare me away
Israel time is evening now, I was on my way home, didn''t see the postsļ
Before I start it''s important for me to mention that I only entered this discussion since I felt the wrong impression on our company could have been established by reading some of the posts here, and I felt it was a bit unfair, since it''s not accurate.
Kenny I''ll gladly answer all you questions but first I would like first to attend the pics issue Jean mentioned.
If there is one thing I''m proud of in our website is the quality and accuracy of our diamond pictures, we take a huge effort to bring our customers the best quality and as many different angels as possible in order to insure as much transparency as possible.
To say our pictures don''t reflect the stones is just unfair, since we try very very hard to have as extremely accurate pictures as possible (important to mention that every picture will look different on different screens).
I also believe that the large quantity of returning customers we have, the very low returns of stones(less of 3%) and the very big amounts of customers saying that the stones are so much nicer in real life tan in the picture, shows us that in the pictures department we are doing actually OKļ
Now for your questions Kenny:
Call for price:
Most of the items are indeed expensive items which we don''t want to publish a price(and maybe we should, you have a good point), it''s also for items that aren''t physically located at the Israel office for some reason (was sent to our China office, NY office, or with our sales person abroad.. etc ),in such cases we can''t guaranty the 3 days shipping, therefore we prefer not to allow the online purchase unless we are contacted directly.
It''s also possible it''s considered by a potential client for several days, not yet reserved, so we remove the price¡K.
This issue an issue we discussed several times in the office, since we all believe in price transparency but have yet to find a proper solution.
After I see this issue highly disturbs our clients, I will arrange another meeting on this matter to find a better solution.
GIA VS IGI, I have a feeling I''m entering a battle fieldļ this is a very complex issue since there is no right or wrong, better or worth, it''s just two different things.
GIA and IGI are two independent excellent Gemological institutes, and because they are different, they have different definition for different things.
IGI have colors definitions that GIA don''t, for example, Lime, and Olive etc.
Another example is the difference between Violet by Both labs, IGI declares Violet more to the Pink Purple shade while GIA describes it more to Blue Purple shade.
Does it mean they are wrong? No, it just means they have a different approach.
It''s well known that GIA are the most strict among all the gemological institutes, more than EGL,HRD and IGI.
It''s not necessary a stone that got Vivid by IGI will receive intense by GIA, it''s possible because GIA are much strict, but defiantly not necessary.
Important to say I have never seen a 2 color grade difference between the two labs,(Fancy Vivid VS Fancy)
IGI are very good and professional, but we can''t ignore the fact that the majority of world heard about GIA, therefore demands GIA(not necessary because they know what it means, but because GIA became very well known)
GIA are also much more expensive, I mean much more expensive, and in the rather cheep or small stones it''s not always worthwhile to have a cert for 150$ when the entire stone is sold for 500$ or a 1000$... so IGI is an excellent solution, they are very good, very professional and they assure the customer the stone is indeed natural + a gemological certificate.
We try Make GIA''s for most of our stones, because this is what our customers want, I checked the numbers today, we had more than 550 stones with GIA VS. about a 150 stones with IGI, which means that out of the certified stones 75% are with GIA (and I also checked the uncertified stones, I found only 5 stones that should have certs and weren''t certified yet, the rest were stones at the 1000$ area that we don''t always send to be certified¡K not financially worth it¡K).
Regarding black diamonds, Our Black diamonds are diamonds heated in rough until they burs completely and becomes black. They are not treated or irradiated in any way.
They are also considered rather cheap diamonds¡K there are diamonds that are Natural black, which means Black is their original color, and the rough didn''t had to be burned in order to become black.
Hope what I wrote led some light of things you weren''t sure on
You can always email us for whatever question regarding fancy color0ed diamonds, also for just harmless questions, we don''t bight:)

After writing this very long explanation, I''ll go and have supper now:)

Itzik

clgwli

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/23/2010 1:58:13 PM
Author: Leibish&Co

Itzik Polnauer

E-commerce Manager

fancydiamonds.net

May I ask why some diamonds on fancydiamonds.net do not show a price, but are ''Call for Price'' ?
Some prices that are listed are in the hundreds of thousands of dollars so it can''t just be the most expensive ones.

Diamonds are expensive so I want to be sure of what I''m getting; that''s why I insist on reliable grades from the best labs.

Before I start it''s important for me to mention that I only entered this discussion since I felt the wrong impression on our company could have been established by reading some of the posts here, and I felt it was a bit unfair, since it''s not accurate.
Kenny I''ll gladly answer all you questions but first I would like first to attend the pics issue Jean mentioned.
If there is one thing I''m proud of in our website is the quality and accuracy of our diamond pictures, we take a huge effort to bring our customers the best quality and as many different angels as possible in order to insure as much transparency as possible.
To say our pictures don''t reflect the stones is just unfair, since we try very very hard to have as extremely accurate pictures as possible (important to mention that every picture will look different on different screens).

I also believe that the large quantity of returning customers we have, the very low returns of stones(less of 3%) and the very big amounts of customers saying that the stones are so much nicer in real life tan in the picture, shows us that in the pictures department we are doing actually OKļ
Call for price:
Most of the items are indeed expensive items which we don''t want to publish a price(and maybe we should, you have a good point), it''s also for items that aren''t physically located at the Israel office for some reason (was sent to our China office, NY office, or with our sales person abroad.. etc ),in such cases we can''t guaranty the 3 days shipping, therefore we prefer not to allow the online purchase unless we are contacted directly.
It''s also possible it''s considered by a potential client for several days, not yet reserved, so we remove the price¡K.
This issue an issue we discussed several times in the office, since we all believe in price transparency but have yet to find a proper solution.
After I see this issue highly disturbs our clients, I will arrange another meeting on this matter to find a better solution.

GIA VS IGI, I have a feeling I''m entering a battle fieldļ this is a very complex issue since there is no right or wrong, better or worth, it''s just two different things.
GIA and IGI are two independent excellent Gemological institutes, and because they are different, they have different definition for different things.
Another example is the difference between Violet by Both labs, IGI declares Violet more to the Pink Purple shade while GIA describes it more to Blue Purple shade.

It''s well known that GIA are the most strict among all the gemological institutes, more than EGL,HRD and IGI.
It''s not necessary a stone that got Vivid by IGI will receive intense by GIA, it''s possible because GIA are much strict, but defiantly not necessary.
Important to say I have never seen a 2 color grade difference between the two labs,(Fancy Vivid VS Fancy)
IGI are very good and professional, but we can''t ignore the fact that the majority of world heard about GIA, therefore demands GIA(not necessary because they know what it means, but because GIA became very well known)
GIA are also much more expensive, I mean much more expensive, and in the rather cheep or small stones it''s not always worthwhile to have a cert for 150$ when the entire stone is sold for 500$ or a 1000$... so IGI is an excellent solution, they are very good, very professional and they assure the customer the stone is indeed natural + a gemological certificate.
We try Make GIA''s for most of our stones, because this is what our customers want, I checked the numbers today, we had more than 550 stones with GIA VS. about a 150 stones with IGI, which means that out of the certified stones 75% are with GIA (and I also checked the uncertified stones, I found only 5 stones that should have certs and weren''t certified yet, the rest were stones at the 1000$ area that we don''t always send to be certified¡K not financially worth it¡K).
Regarding black diamonds, Our Black diamonds are diamonds heated in rough until they burs completely and becomes black. They are not treated or irradiated in any way.
They are also considered rather cheap diamonds¡K there are diamonds that are Natural black, which means Black is their original color, and the rough didn''t had to be burned in order to become black.
You can always email us for whatever question regarding fancy color0ed diamonds, also for just harmless questions, we don''t bight:)

Itzik

To be fair, I was referring to a review from someone else. I never intended anyone to think I personally have knowledge that the diamonds were not accurately photographed. I apologize if you took it that way. I can only quickly find one review that mentions what I was referring to. And it is at this linkl

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/dview.asp?postID=2520238&mtype=reply

So I fully admit these are not my words, but I have seen this mentioned here as well as elsewhere that I am sure I cannot link to even if I could find it through my google searches. It is more of an FYI and an issue I have with non GIA graded diamonds. I hope you can understand the issues with buying online for that reason.

The poster here was very positive about their experience, but let''s be honest it is something that a consumer can worry about. I know I do with colored stones more than even "colorless"

I am still reading the rest of your reply but am a bit busy at the moment. I just didn''t want you to think I was attacking you or trying to scare others away from you. It was something that came to my attention and I began to notice myself. Something that you may want to look into particularly for stones that are not GIA graded.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/22/2010 2:59:10 AM
Author:sweetpigtail
I need you experts' help!!! Sorry for the long post.

Recently my beloved husband has agreed to let me get another ring to wear instead of my actual engagement ring. Background: We got married almost a year ago and I was very fortunated to receive a heirloom engagement ring with the center stone of 3.52 carat H VS2. I love my e-ring to bits, but I just feel uncomfortable wearing it daily. I am from an Asian country and I work as a civil servant, which is not that highly paid. More to that, due to my work, I travel very often for meetings and often to places that are not very safe. So for most of the time, I just wear my diamond eternity band and keep my e-ring in the safe. My husband often annoyed by this because most of his friends' wife wear their 2+ carat e-ring on the daily basis, and often when we bumped into his friends accidentally, I would be the only person without the proper bling (kinda like a social status thing). I do love blings... but I also don't want to send out the worng signal at my workplace.

Now, since it is almost our 1 year anniversary, my husband and I decided that it is a good time to solve this problem. We agreed to find me another ring that is not too blingy and at the same time doesn't make him feel bad in front of his friends. So we are considering 2 options. Option 1: to get me a small, i.e. 0.6 - 0.8 carat pink diamond and a nice setting and Option 2: to get me a 1 - 1.4 carat white diamond and do a pink diamond halo. The reason we are going for pink diamond is because I love love love PINK. But I do not want to spend so much $$$ on a big pink diamond as we are planing on having a kid sometimes next year.

What do you think would be a better choice?
If you want to fly under the radar to people who don't know you but impress those who do, then Option 1 of a natural pink diamond would fit both bills! Those who know nothing about jewellery will never think it's a diamond and will perhaps assume it's a sapphire. Those who DO know about jewellery will be mightily impressed that you have a pink diamond!

If the pink diamond will give you the finger coverage you want I would most certainly go for that.

For me, the issue with Option 2, is that typically a 1ct diamond is approximately 6mm - then add on a halo - and before you know it you have a fairly large ring!

If you love "PINK" then I'd definitely buy that sensational orangey pink pear that's within budget and you could either set it as a solitaire or with two small white pear diamonds flanking each side.

BTW, I've bought from both the companies mentioned above and would recommend both! Hope that helps.

stci

Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 2:59:10 AM
Author:sweetpigtail
I need you experts'' help!!! Sorry for the long post.

Recently my beloved husband has agreed to let me get another ring to wear instead of my actual engagement ring. Background: We got married almost a year ago and I was very fortunated to receive a heirloom engagement ring with the center stone of 3.52 carat H VS2. I love my e-ring to bits, but I just feel uncomfortable wearing it daily. I am from an Asian country and I work as a civil servant, which is not that highly paid. More to that, due to my work, I travel very often for meetings and often to places that are not very safe. So for most of the time, I just wear my diamond eternity band and keep my e-ring in the safe. My husband often annoyed by this because most of his friends'' wife wear their 2+ carat e-ring on the daily basis, and often when we bumped into his friends accidentally, I would be the only person without the proper bling (kinda like a social status thing). I do love blings... but I also don''t want to send out the worng signal at my workplace.

Now, since it is almost our 1 year anniversary, my husband and I decided that it is a good time to solve this problem. We agreed to find me another ring that is not too blingy and at the same time doesn''t make him feel bad in front of his friends. So we are considering 2 options. Option 1: to get me a small, i.e. 0.6 - 0.8 carat pink diamond and a nice setting and Option 2: to get me a 1 - 1.4 carat white diamond and do a pink diamond halo. The reason we are going for pink diamond is because I love love love PINK. But I do not want to spend so much $$$ on a big pink diamond as we are planing on having a kid sometimes next year.

What do you think would be a better choice?
Excuse me but... do you really think that a pink diamond or a 1.4 ct white diamond will be more safe when you travel or for the bling impression?

Is it me or what?
33.gif

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Itzik thanks for replying.
I know I ask awkward questions, but I think everyone benefits, even vendors in the long run.
I don't mean to be rude or confrontational, I just am very very curious and passionate about naturally-colored diamonds and there isn't a lot of hard information about them besides marketing gobbleteegoop from Sotheby's.
Even PS is mostly about white diamonds.

I bought Stephen C. Hofer's 742-page, $300 book, Collecting and Classifying Coloured Diamonds: An Illustrated Study of the Aurora Collection.
I'm crawling through it and learning lots but it is more of a scholarly work than an explanation of the market, which is where many of my curiosities lie.

Thanks for talking about "Call for Price".
I'm just going to lay this out on the table, Itzik . . . and it is NO reflection whatsoever on you or your business and I suspect I speak for other customers. . .

I'm afraid if I call for price you will evaluate, qualify and qualify me, then offer a price based on your perception of me.
If I come across as well-informed of the product and the market the price will be lower.
If I come across as a bimbo with more money than brains the price will be higher.
I may be wrong but that is my anxiety, and I suspect I'm not alone.
That may have worked in the past with walk-in customers but I think in the Internet age this costs sales.

Perhaps I'm wrong and most of the buyers of $150,000 colored diamonds DO have more money than gray matter (or is that grey matter? )
1.gif

Let me quickly add that selling goods for the highest price possible is certainly not a crime.
High ticket items like cars, Persian rugs and real estate sell for negotiated prices all the time.
But if you are enjoying the leveraging of selling to the entire world on the Internet you are also alienating potential customers by what they perceive as secret pricing.

I find Internet-published prices comforting because an Internet seller will only publish a competitive price.
They know buyers will make their buying decisions without talking to them.
An Internet-published price HAS to be a pretty good price, so the negotiating process has to take pace in the seller's head.
That's very nice for the buyer.
I may be wrong, but that is my thinking.

I appreciate hearing about the differences in how labs grade naturally-colored diamonds.
I have been studying your fancydiamonds.net site (and others) daily for a very long time.
I've watched what sells and what languishes unsold.

FWIW, I think this stunning blue pear would would have sold long ago if it had GIA paper, which cost only, what, $70 more than IGI?
Who is going to buy a 7-point diamond for $8870 if it only has IGI paper?
I sympathize with your business decision to not waste the customer's money getting expensive GIA reports for diamonds under $1,000 . . . but . . . as a buyer I'm not going to accept IGI paper on an $8,870, 7-point blue.
Sure your policy may be to send it to GIA only if a potential customer requests it, but you'll never know how many potential buyers saw this 7-pt, IGI-graded diamond for $8870, and just didn't even bother contacting you.
For that price (or even $70 more) I want GIA to tell me it is fancy vivid blue, not IGI.

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 6/22/2010 3:20:49 AM
Oh, you can get some beautiful natural pinks in that size range for much less.

$4,500

$8,000

Then again, I wouldn''t mind this beauty. $88,200

Wow I''m not usually a huge fan of pink diamonds or pears, but that diamond is
30.gif
, This is my vote!!! I hope the OP comes back and posts an amazing ring with this stone so I can live vicariously through her haha.

Also to the OP if you come back, I second (or probably third or fourth) the comment that you should go with the smaller stone if your goal is to minimize the bling factor. A over one carat stone with a halo is pretty blingy if you ask me.

sweetpigtail

Rough_Rock
LovingDiamonds - You''ve got it so right!

stci - I''m sorry I might have confused you. It is exactly like LovingDiamonds said, I am trying to fly under the radar screen by not attracting too much attention from my collegues and the general public, while at the same time, I want to have a ring that could also impress people in my circle. I guess in this case, a smaller pink diamond will be a better solution since not many people know about pink diamond, right?

Thanks everyone for all your thoughts and suggestions. I will defenitely report back when I have got my new ring.
31.gif

Leibish&Co

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/23/2010 2:58:42 PM
Author: clgwli

Date: 6/23/2010 1:58:13 PM

Itzik Polnauer

E-commerce Manager

fancydiamonds.net

Call for price:

Itzik

To be fair, I was referring to a review from someone else. I never intended anyone to think I personally have knowledge that the diamonds were not accurately photographed. I apologize if you took it that way. I can only quickly find one review that mentions what I was referring to. And it is at this linkl

https://www.pricescope.com/idealbb/dview.asp?postID=2520238&mtype=reply

So I fully admit these are not my words, but I have seen this mentioned here as well as elsewhere that I am sure I cannot link to even if I could find it through my google searches. It is more of an FYI and an issue I have with non GIA graded diamonds. I hope you can understand the issues with buying online for that reason.

The poster here was very positive about their experience, but let''s be honest it is something that a consumer can worry about. I know I do with colored stones more than even ''colorless''

I am still reading the rest of your reply but am a bit busy at the moment. I just didn''t want you to think I was attacking you or trying to scare others away from you. It was something that came to my attention and I began to notice myself. Something that you may want to look into particularly for stones that are not GIA graded.
Jean hi,
Thank you for the clarification.
it was very important for me to clarify those things yesterday and to state our side as well, since from first read it could have appeared is we were slightly attacked:)

The main problem and what scares me the most with this kind of reviews, is they stay online for-ever, and other people use them in as references when trying to get information on such vendor or another...

And like you mention, the guy in the Post you quoted mentioned that at the end he was very happy with his purchase:)

Anyway i''m happy that is behind us and it is all cleared now.

Thanks for making clear for the rest of the people...i appreciate it,

i wish you a great day,

Itzik

Leibish&Co

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/23/2010 6:10:25 PM
Itzik thanks for replying.
I know I ask awkward questions, but I think everyone benefits, even vendors in the long run.
I don''t mean to be rude or confrontational, I just am very very curious and passionate about naturally-colored diamonds and there isn''t a lot of hard information about them besides marketing gobbleteegoop from Sotheby''s.
Even PS is mostly about white diamonds.

I bought Stephen C. Hofer''s 742-page, $300 book, Collecting and Classifying Coloured Diamonds: An Illustrated Study of the Aurora Collection.
I''m crawling through it and learning lots but it is more of a scholarly work than an explanation of the market, which is where many of my curiosities lie.

Thanks for talking about ''Call for Price''.
I''m just going to lay this out on the table, Itzik . . . and it is NO reflection whatsoever on you or your business and I suspect I speak for other customers. . .

I''m afraid if I call for price you will evaluate, qualify and qualify me, then offer a price based on your perception of me.
If I come across as well-informed of the product and the market the price will be lower.
If I come across as a bimbo with more money than brains the price will be higher.
I may be wrong but that is my anxiety, and I suspect I''m not alone.
That may have worked in the past with walk-in customers but I think in the Internet age this costs sales.

Perhaps I''m wrong and most of the buyers of $150,000 colored diamonds DO have more money than gray matter (or is that grey matter? )
1.gif

Let me quickly add that selling goods for the highest price possible is certainly not a crime.
High ticket items like cars, Persian rugs and real estate sell for negotiated prices all the time.
But if you are enjoying the leveraging of selling to the entire world on the Internet you are also alienating potential customers by what they perceive as secret pricing.

I find Internet-published prices comforting because an Internet seller will only publish a competitive price.
They know buyers will make their buying decisions without talking to them.
An Internet-published price HAS to be a pretty good price, so the negotiating process has to take pace in the seller''s head.
That''s very nice for the buyer.
I may be wrong, but that is my thinking.

I appreciate hearing about the differences in how labs grade naturally-colored diamonds.
I have been studying your fancydiamonds.net site (and others) daily for a very long time.
I''ve watched what sells and what languishes unsold.

FWIW, I think this stunning blue pear would would have sold long ago if it had GIA paper, which cost only, what, $70 more than IGI?
Who is going to buy a 7-point diamond for $8870 if it only has IGI paper?
I sympathize with your business decision to not waste the customer''s money getting expensive GIA reports for diamonds under $1,000 . . . but . . . as a buyer I''m not going to accept IGI paper on an $8,870, 7-point blue.
Sure your policy may be to send it to GIA only if a potential customer requests it, but you''ll never know how many potential buyers saw this 7-pt, IGI-graded diamond for $8870, and just didn''t even bother contacting you.
For that price (or even $70 more) I want GIA to tell me it is fancy vivid blue, not IGI.

Kenny hi,

Thank you so much for all the remarks, i have learned allot of them and implanted as well:), you have no idea how important it is for us to receive this kind of feedbacks from our clients and fans.
We try to improve the website constantly, sometimes when you are so much inside the website you miss things, or they don''t look important, that''s why to hear this stuff from our customers shows us where and what we need to improve in order to make your surfing more enjoyable and time saving.

Call for price, as promised, we had a meeting today and it was discussed, you can brows through the website and see the majority of goods that had "call for price" have been updated with prices, there still a few without and they will be handled next week(white goods, we need to publish according to Rappaport list, and some other goods that i''ll have prices listed next week).

Regarding IGI, you made an excellent point with the more expensive stones, i can''t ignore the fact people will prefer to have a GIA certificate for the more expensive ones, and we have to adjust to our customers desires, therefore i made a list with all the IGI certified stones in our website and narrowed a list of 30+- stones that according to your suggestions need to be sent to GIA, they will be sent next week.
the rest of stones are relatively cheaper stones, that IGI certificate is perfect for them.

we always want to improve yourself to you guys, if you have any other suggestions on things that bother you, or things you saw in other places and you thing will make it more fun for you to brows and admire our diamonds, just let us know and we will do our best to change it.

our customers are our best QA people:) tell us what is not good enough and we will improve.

as for the Book of Stephan Hofer, he is an amazing man with enormous Knowledge in fancy color.
i know he wrote two books, "FOREVER BRILIANT" and "COLLECTING AND CLASSIFYING COLOURED DIAMONDS."
haven''t read them in person but have spoke to him several times in person, read a few of the reports he made, the guy knows his way around in Fancy color...
if you or any of the other dear members here have any question regarding Fancy color, please post it and i''ll be more than happy to answer it, if i will not have the answer i will ask our GIA GG or Mr. Leibish, i''m sure i''ll be able to provide an answer...

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Itzik.
I think these are wonderful changes.
I do hope your NY office, Ishay Ben-David Corp., (aka fancycolordiamond.net) will follow suit.

The only other thing I can think of adding is the ability to view the entire inventory together in one big search.
Then I could sort by price and see what my budget would get me regardless of color.
Not all of us have our mind made up on a color, but we usually do have a budget in mind.

To do this today I have to view each of the 13 color categories separately, then sort each of those by price.
Then go back and forth and sort again to compare, say a pink to a blue of similar price.

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Itzik,

You mentioned you send some stones to China. May I ask where? Do you have an office/showroom in Shanghai? This is where my husband and I live, and I''d love to go see some. Thanks.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This China info is on their "Contact Us" page.

Click

locationchina.jpg

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Kenny, thanks.

Phoenix, duh!
20.gif

Shame they don''t have an office in SH. That city code is for Beijing! Too bad!
5.gif

Leibish&Co

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/25/2010 6:15:44 PM
Thanks Itzik.
I do hope your NY office, Ishay Ben-David Corp., (aka fancycolordiamond.net) will follow suit.

The only other thing I can think of adding is the ability to view the entire inventory together in one big search.
Then I could sort by price and see what my budget would get me regardless of color.
Not all of us have our mind made up on a color, but we usually do have a budget in mind.

To do this today I have to view each of the 13 color categories separately, then sort each of those by price.
Then go back and forth and sort again to compare, say a pink to a blue of similar price.
Kenny hi,
You wish is my command:) Done!!! On the left side, Below "FIND YOUR DIAMOND" there''s a line called "Full Stock" (it was called before "all collection").
Click on it and Make the search you want according to the parameter you are interested in of the ENTIRE STOCK at the same page...
(if you do it according to Price, after you make the filtering, the first 2 pages will still be in "call for price" due the white diamonds and a few other stones that are without price yet, but still much better than it used to be...)

Hope it helps:)

for any other requests just ask, i''ll do my best to assist.

Have a great day,

Itzik

Leibish&Co

Rough_Rock
Trade
Date: 6/26/2010 11:41:07 PM
Author: Phoenix
Kenny, thanks.

Phoenix, duh!
20.gif

Shame they don''t have an office in SH. That city code is for Beijing! Too bad!
5.gif

Phoenix hi,

Our main China office is in Beijing but we also have an agent in Shanghai, and occasionally we send there goods as well...
The best will be if you send me or the office an email and we will see if we can arrange something in Shenghai... can''t promise anything though, not an easy mission:)
have a great day

Itzik

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 6/27/2010 9:43:44 AM
Date: 6/25/2010 6:15:44 PM
Thanks Itzik.
Kenny hi,
You wish is my command:) Done!!! On the left side, Below ''FIND YOUR DIAMOND'' there''s a line called ''Full Stock'' (it was called before ''all collection'').
Click on it and Make the search you want according to the parameter you are interested in of the ENTIRE STOCK at the same page...
(if you do it according to Price, after you make the filtering, the first 2 pages will still be in ''call for price'' due the white diamonds and a few other stones that are without price yet, but still much better than it used to be...)

Hope it helps:)

for any other requests just ask, i''ll do my best to assist.
Have a great day,
Itzik

Oh my gosh, thanks. How cool!
Like they say, "be careful what you ask for."

I''d better not ask for this for free.
9.gif
9.gif
9.gif

liarudd

Shiny_Rock
too bad im a year late lol missed a good ol debate

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results