shape
carat
color
clarity

Small miniscule vent, bear with me

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
I have this co worker who is SICK out of her mind. She has been home for the last 5 days but is still coughing everywhere I turn. I asked her to please communicate with me only via email as I am getting married in a couple weeks and really don''t want to get sick right now. I normally would never say something like this but the flu is spreading like wildfire around here. So what does she do ALL FREAKING DAY??? Comes into my cubicle, coughs all over everything and just to ask me the simplest questions she probably could have even figured out herself. Now I keep imagining I''m sick, I know I''m not but it''s just one of those things. I''ve got anti bacteria wipes everywhere, Hand sanitizer that I use after washing my hands in the bathroom and throughout the day and I also have been taking a good amount of vitamins, drinking plenty of water. I know this is a silly vent, but really, the last thing I want is to wake up a couple days (or even weeks!) before the wedding with the flu.
38.gif

sctsbride09

Brilliant_Rock
Thats not silly at all, I would be super irritated. But then again, I''ll keep myself locked in the house for days to avoid getting people sick! I think its really rude when people lack consideration on stuff like that..

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
this is the email I sent her, I hope it doesn''t sound too mean
7.gif

"I know you’re not feeling well, and I don’t wanna be a jerk but is it possible just to communicate with me via email until you’re feeling better. I really don’t wanna take the chance of getting sick so close to my wedding L I hope you feel better soon!"

sunnyd

Ideal_Rock
If it''s a cold, it''s only contagious before the symptoms show. So even if she coughs ON you, you probably won''t get sick. Just keep practicing good hygiene and you''ll be fine! At 2.5 weeks out, that''s what I keep telling myself as people drop like flies in my office...
3.gif

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
thanks sunny!

*chants to herself, the glass is half full the glass is half full the glass is half full* :)

Keepingthefaith21

Brilliant_Rock
Sunny is spot on! Most of the time when people are contageous, they aren''t symptompatic yet which is part pf the reason colds and flus spread so quickly and why it seems like large groups become infected all at once.

I work in a huge office, in the clinical department nonetheless (surrounded by Dr.''s and RN''s who spend a lot of time at the hospital) and so far taking my vitamins daily, drinking lots of fluid and getting rest has kept my pretty darn healthy.

VictoriaEremita

Rough_Rock
If I were in your shoes, I would feel the same way! You might try stocking up on some natural immunity builders like oranges (vitamin C) or buy a bottle of echinacea. I swear by " Dr. Weil immune support formula" to ward away viruses and to just give my immune system that extra "umph" to not get sick. I''m sorry you''re having this additional stress!

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Thanks for the advice ladies,
I know it wouldn''t hurt to take extra precautions either :) I was reading on facebook about this girl who got H1N1 6 days before her wedding and it supposedly takes 5 days to not be contagious anymore, can you even imagine!

kittybean

Ideal_Rock
Smurfy, make sure you are actually physically washing your hands all the time. Purell is awesome, but it doesn''t protect you against the flu (since it''s anti-bacterial). The physical action of scrubbing and washing your hands is what removes the viral contaminants from them.

I''m crossing my fingers for you that you stay healthy for your wedding!

P.S. I think the email you sent was fine.

LittleLovely

Rough_Rock
I got through last year''s flu season working in a children''s hospital without getting sick. Perhaps it was just luck, but this is what I did:
Washed my hands before and after each patient.
Used alcohol wipes to disinfect my pen (and anything that was touched) between each patient.
Washed my hands before eating.
NEVER touched my face with my hands.
Changed clothes and showered when I got home.
Drank lots of water and ate well.
Got a good night''s sleep every night.
Exercised! (a brisk walk will do. 30 min at least 3x week)

Ok, so I''m a little OCD....anyway, I understand your annoyance. But don''t worry, you''ll be ok! Just take good care of yourself.

House Cat

Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is not a silly vent. Who wants to be sick on their wedding day?

It''s too bad this person isn''t respecting your wishes though.
38.gif

honey22

Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/21/2009 9:52:30 PM
Author: kittybean
Smurfy, make sure you are actually physically washing your hands all the time. Purell is awesome, but it doesn''t protect you against the flu (since it''s anti-bacterial). The physical action of scrubbing and washing your hands is what removes the viral contaminants from them.

I''m crossing my fingers for you that you stay healthy for your wedding!

If the alcohol and cleansers in the Purell won''t kill the virus, then soap ain''t going to work
3.gif

No matter how you clean your hands *soap or alcohol/antibacterial lotions*, cleaning your hands regularly in the best way to avoid transmitting virus.

cleokizzy

Brilliant_Rock
i''d be pretty pissed too if i were in your situation! who''d want to get married with a runny nose (and it''s NOT from emotional crying)?!

keep up the good hygiene and diet. if your really worried, how bout getting those flu shots?

katamari

Ideal_Rock
I agree that you were not out of line. Your health is never a joke, but especially with something so important on the horizon. ***clean-canceling-out-germs-dust***

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 10/22/2009 2:43:41 AM
Author: honey22
Date: 10/21/2009 9:52:30 PM
Author: kittybean
Smurfy, make sure you are actually physically washing your hands all the time. Purell is awesome, but it doesn't protect you against the flu (since it's anti-bacterial). The physical action of scrubbing and washing your hands is what removes the viral contaminants from them.

I'm crossing my fingers for you that you stay healthy for your wedding!

If the alcohol and cleansers in the Purell won't kill the virus, then soap ain't going to work
3.gif

No matter how you clean your hands *soap or alcohol/antibacterial lotions*, cleaning your hands regularly in the best way to avoid transmitting virus.
It's the action of rubbing your hands together that dislodges viruses from your hands, and water rinses them away. This is why soap foams--not because it really actually does anything, but to encourage you to rub them together. And then they get rinsed away by the water.

Smurfy, invest in a fingernail brush. Under your fingernail is a ripe place for bacteria and viruses to hang out, and get spread easily to your face--which is exactly where you DON'T want it going.

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Just thought I should clarify :) I''m washing my hands a lot in the sink with soap but then also doubling up with hand sanitizer....these don''t cancel each other out somehow do they? Man that would just be my luck lol but I make sure my hands are dry first before the sanitizer :)
I also brought 100 oz of water to work today to get myself hydrated!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results