shape
carat
color
clarity

Small gifts

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
In another thread, people were mentioning small gifts this year - I didn''t want to threadjack. What are the small items you''re giving? I need help with a couple small or stocking stuffer items!

lliang_chi

Ideal_Rock
I got an outdoor bar set I found on Steep & Cheap. It''s in one of those indestructible military grade cases, and the shaker and two flasks are metal. Tumblers are acrylic? It''ll remind him of our safari honeymoon (hopefully) and he can use it for tailgates etc.

Other stocking stuffer ideas: books he likes to read? little puzzles or desk stuff he can use while he''s at work (like a funny desk calendar). Board games? Just spitballing, hope it helps.

Winslet

Shiny_Rock
Since this is our first Christmas living together, our tree is pretty sparse. So this year our stockings are ALL about the ornaments!

Some other ideas might be a new wallet - complete with a sexy or sweet bridal photo of the new wife, a keychain, small "man" items that might not have been picked from your registry if you had one, and warm socks for snuggle time.

I don't know about anyone else, but my husband and I are crazy about pocket-sized moleskine notebooks for to-do lists and jotting down thoughts. As soon as we think of things, we like to write down movies we want to see, places we want to go, and restaurants we want to check out together. Hope this helps!

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Some that I can think of right now:

- books
- CDs
- DVDs
- magazines
- specialty candy
- games (board/card)
- calendars
- random geeky gag gifts from thinkgeek.com
- T-shirt of something he loves (website, music band, artist)
- little knick knacks like funky magnets, bookmarks
- winter items like cute mitts and socks, touque, scarf, hot chocolate packets
- a box of cinnamon or vanilla stirring sticks (for cocoa, ciders etc)
- lottery tickets
- movie tickets.

DearBuddha

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 12:58:34 AM
Author: kama_s

Love this site! DH slipped and made it obvious he''d bought me one of my favorite items from this site. It''s a little remote controlled helicopter that says "F*%$"

Get it? It''s a flying F*ck. Haha.
3.gif

elrohwen

Ideal_Rock
I got DH a book on big and interesting trees. We saw it in a gift shop near the sequoias in CA and he really liked it, so when we got home I found it at the book store.

We're doing all small gifts for everyone this year - SIL is getting personalized mousepads at her request (with LOLcats on them!), mom is getting a fish flipper thing and some interesting jellies and jams, dad is getting a remote thing for his camera. I have no idea what DH will get for MIL.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
This is a "funny gift", but DH and I watch the new show Modern Family, and the wife being a horrible gift giver, gave her husband 5 Free Hugs for their anniversary... so I will be wrapping 5 Free Hugs as a small gift for DH.

3.gif

dcgator

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 10:00:09 AM
Author: meresal
This is a ''funny gift'', but DH and I watch the new show Modern Family, and the wife being a horrible gift giver, gave her husband 5 Free Hugs for their anniversary... so I will be wrapping 5 Free Hugs as a small gift for DH.

3.gif
OMG...That is too funny Mer, my DH and I watch that show too, and I loved that episode. Great idea!

My DH and I love coffee, and by DH loves adult beverages. Target had a four pack of liquor-inspired coffees, which were a big hit!

Other ideas for small gifts:
- Gift cards to places he eats lunch or drinks coffee
- If he likes little meats, you could do a baby gift set from Hickory Farms (also at Target)
- A CD of Christmas music
- Favorite DVD''s

Hope that helps!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 6:59:18 AM
Author: DearBuddha

Love this site! DH slipped and made it obvious he''d bought me one of my favorite items from this site. It''s a little remote controlled helicopter that says ''F*%$''

3.gif
I''m such a geek... I just spent way too much time on this site.

kama_s

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/17/2009 10:32:21 AM
Author: anchor31

Love this site! DH slipped and made it obvious he'd bought me one of my favorite items from this site. It's a little remote controlled helicopter that says 'F*%$'

Get it? It's a flying F*ck. Haha.
3.gif
I'm such a geek... I just spent way too much time on this site.
Ha ha, that's awesome! I'm such a geek too, I find things I want and then spending hours researching things for me instead.

What IS with men and R/C helis?! I got one for my DH a 3ch one this Christmas too...and to be honest, I can't wait to play around with it too!

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/17/2009 12:00:25 PM

Date: 12/17/2009 10:32:21 AM
Author: anchor31

Love this site! DH slipped and made it obvious he''d bought me one of my favorite items from this site. It''s a little remote controlled helicopter that says ''F*%$''

3.gif
I''m such a geek... I just spent way too much time on this site.
Ha ha, that''s awesome! I''m such a geek too, I find things I want and then spending hours researching things for me instead.

What IS with men and R/C helis?! I got one for my DH a 3ch one this Christmas too...and to be honest, I can''t wait to play around with it too!
Lol... Good thing they don''t have any more sonic screwdrivers in stock, I totally would have wasted 20$ on one!
20.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results