shape
carat
color
clarity

sketches/ideas for aqua cab pendant

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
i posted previously about my idea for an aqua cab pendant in honor of my friend who is expecting in march. i've found the topaz and diamond accent stones i was looking for (a .15 ct oec diamond that is around 2.6mmX3.5mm and an rb precious topaz in a pinky orange color that is around 3.3mm). i can have a milky aqua cab cut in any size.

again, the thought was do to this in 18k gold. before i start contacting someone to realize this, i wanted to try to get a more coherent vision myself. so here are some sketches of options for the design (please excuse the rough sketches!)...

thanks in advance for your input!!

option 1 --

JR option 1.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
option 2...this is similar to option 1 but option 1 has the bail directly attached to the bezeled aqua while option 2 has another piece and sortof an in-between bail connecting it to the circle.

JR option 2.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
ps the big one is the aqua and the little ones are the diamond and topaz.

option 3...this has the 2 accent stones hanging from the bottom instead.

JR option 4a.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
option 4...more of a station design

JR Option 6.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
option 5...spreading out the stones into individual stations OR sliders in simple bezels...

JR option 7.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
option 6...similar to option 3 but directly connected to chain instead of with a bail...

JR option 12.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
option 7...3 separate charms...

JR option 13.JPG

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
any input on a good size to go for in the cab would also be great -- i''m thinking round or roval in somewhere between 10 and 12 mm. i don''t want it to be overwhelmingly big.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like one, five, and seven. Nice sketches!

innerkitten

Ideal_Rock
I like five and seven too.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like one for being different and five for being modern and sleek. A couple look too much like the old bell style table alarm clocks to me.
9.gif

Kunzite

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 2/8/2010 2:34:19 PM
Author: Laila619
I like one, five, and seven. Nice sketches!
Ditto - these were the three that stuck out to me as well.

enbcfsobe

Brilliant_Rock
thanks all for your input! five seems to be a popular choice -- do you think stations or sliders if i go this direction??

ETA -- chrono, lol on the alarm clock. i was having trouble avoiding that. clearly i need to move away from that direction!! i'm definitely going for more modern and sleek as that's the style of the intended recipient.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I too like #5. Very classic and sleek looking more of a wear all the time item.

Do you/does she plan on adding any more stones to this in the future? Answer that and I think it answers your question.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results