shape
carat
color
clarity

sizing UP just slightly...proper procedure

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
My wife has a 2ct Memoire eternity band on her wedding ring finger. Our plan has been to put her HOF engagement ring on the opposite hand. It is a little too tight on the other finger so we need to size up maybe 1/4-1/2 a size.

We are preparing to stop by different local jewelers to get opinions but I always refer to this forum for the BEST advice first. I''m assuming the two options are 1) to stretch the band slightly or 2) cut the band and add a little platinum. I prefer the former.

Description: It is a platinum HOF SERENITY setting.

Questions: What is the ideal way to size up very slightly? What procedure is implemented? Is the diamond removed during the process? Approximate time and cost for procedure?

Once again...a big thanks to everyone on this forum. You all have made my life alot easier.

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
any thoughts would be great. In the past, whenever I''ve gone to local jewelers i get conflicting thoughts on jewelry subjects. i''m just trying to get educated before i go. thx.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
In fact, the jeweler that works on your ring will make the final call.

That said, he will probably cut it and weld a new piece of platinum in. Stone removal is not usually warranted.

Stretching is usually reserved for seamless rings of uniform thickness. Just as a chain is only as strong as it''s weakest link, your ring is only as strong as it''s thinnest section. Any stretching will tend to take place there.

You can probably pay anywhere from $75 to $150.

rxtasy74

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your response. So it may be best practice to cut and add platinum even for 1/2 size up. It is pretty thick compared to most bands at its thinnist point. Would it help with opinions if i posted a picture and measurments from the appraisal?

Thanks again.

Manmountain

Rough_Rock
I was trained to never stretch. It is possible to forge the shank to bring it up to size as well. Best to cut and solder or weld depending on the material.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results