shape
carat
color
clarity

Sizing help! How should I re-order my Tacori wedding set??? I''m freaking out

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Hi everyone! Happy 2005!

I posted my story a few weeks ago. Here it is in a nutshell.

I ordered a custom made Tacori Rosebud e-ring and w-band online. Its the three stone Rosebud style but I made it with a 4 mm e-ring band and a 4mm wedding band versus the regular 2.5 or 3mm. My old e-ring was a thin platinum 2.5 mm band in a size 5.25 and fit ok. I was sized by a local jeweler before I ordered the Tacoris and also thought they would be ok at 5.25 since I usually wore that.

Well, my thicker Tacoris were made 5.25 but were TOO SMALL. I could not get the wedding band off and had to go to the ER and have it cut off. It was traumatic. My finger is just now healing,and Tacori is almost now back from holiday break and ready to fix this mess.

Now I am terrified of wearing rings but moreso of ones that are too small! Now here are my questions as I am about to get resized this weekend.

1- I have now learned that 4mm thicker bands fit tighter that 2.5 mm bands. Should I have them size me with the thicker ring sizer set?

2- Now if both rings are 4mm thick they will be 8mm together. will that make them fit even tighter? Should I order them in the measured size that they find or slightly bigger to compensate? How much bigegr if so? I like my rings snug but definitely not THAT snug (haha)!!! My fingers maybe swell a quarter size when hot/bloated but my knuckles are the same width as my finger and usually dont have problems getting them off if needed.

3- The bands are each also about 2 mm "high" if that makes sense. Does that affect the fit at all? Or is it mainly the width that affects the fit?

4- Is there anything special I should ask the jeweler when sizing or do you have any other ideas/advice?

i dont want to make a mistake again. i;''m so freaked out!

thanks
Sarah

Patty

Ideal_Rock
My wedding band is 8mms wide. It is sized a quarter size larger than my 2 or 2 1/2 mm rings and that works for me.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I normally wear a 4.5, but my wedding set is two bands of 2mm each, so I had to go with 4.25. So, like Patty, the difference is .25.

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock
1- I have now learned that 4mm thicker bands fit tighter that 2.5 mm bands. Should I have them size me with the thicker ring sizer set?
Hi again, i just got my Tacori. I PM you also about this.
The best way is to try on tons of rings same thickness as the one you ordered, mid time of day, make sure your hands are now swollen. If you can find the exact ring at the mall your getting, then try it on and see if it''s perfect, or needs to be alittle smaller or larger. I know that Tacori makes their rings about 6 1/4 or 6 on the samples they send to the stores. So, it might be hard to find your exact ring.
Maybe your jeweler can order you in a Tacori sample in the ring you want, and you can try it on first before actually picking the size.

2- Now if both rings are 4mm thick they will be 8mm together. will that make them fit even tighter? Should I order them in the measured size that they find or slightly bigger to compensate? How much bigegr if so? I like my rings snug but definitely not THAT snug (haha)!!! My fingers maybe swell a quarter size when hot/bloated but my knuckles are the same width as my finger and usually dont have problems getting them off if needed.
Your lucky here that your knuckles are not large, mine are. So, that is a plus for you, easier to find the right size, again go try on a bunch of rings, act like your going to buy them at the mall.

3- The bands are each also about 2 mm "high" if that makes sense. Does that affect the fit at all? Or is it mainly the width that affects the fit? I think it''s both you have to consider. I wouldn''t get the eternity until you tried an eternity on that is similar to the one your getting and it fits.

4- Is there anything special I should ask the jeweler when sizing or do you have any other ideas/advice?

Remember the jeweler doesn''t know how it feels on your finger, only you know. So, again, try a bunch on, even at your jeweler, if he is the one your purchasing it from, then spend as much time as you need, hours if necessary, it will help you in the long run. Remember that word that my jeweler added to the order to Tacori for me, 6 1/4 TIGHT. It worked, because they made it exactly 6 1/4.

rms

Brilliant_Rock

Carolynw

Shiny_Rock

I think thicker rings being about 1/4 to 1/2 size larger is a pretty good rule of thumb.

Rita

I think the above is true, but I still wouldn''t order the eternity rings without finding one
similiar or exact that fits. That is how i did it. I found the tacori Koala at the Mall, not the place
i ordered it from, but it fit perfect. The one at my jeweler was a bit too loose, so we put
that word TIGHT on the order and it came out perfect 6 1/4. I would never have known
however what size if I wouldn''t have found one that fit perfect at the Mall. These eternity
rings have to be perfect, especially the money Tacori charges for them. Your finger isn''t going
to fluctuate in size in your lifetime, unless you gain a bunch of weight. I already had my children,
but still, i didn''t gain weight in my fingers, luckily. Just make sure to at least find an eternity ring
with the same thickness and try it on. My Koala is on the thick side, and I agree that since that
is the case, probably I had to go up 1/4, but I still wouldn''t base it on that without trying them
on. I know the jewelers have those measuring sticks, they don''t seem to work perfect because
of the differences in the ring thickness,etc.. Best bet is to find one that fits, and use that rule
when ordering, and if it has to be exact, indicate TIGHT on the order to Tacori. They did a great
job on my ring, every diamond is perfectly set, I am really impressed with their work. I have had rings
made before, and you could always tell they were done by hand, not well crafted at all. This is the
first time that the ring is perfect and has no imperfections. I''m very happy. Remember that mornings
your fingers swell, so don''t use that time of day to measure, and just take them off at night if you
fingers swell too and you won''t have a problem. You can''t do anything about swelling fingers.

Daniela

Brilliant_Rock
I have a comfort fit 4 mm wedding band. I had to buy it a whole half size bigger than my normal size! It''s a size 6.5.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results