shape
carat
color
clarity

Size to weight ratio-Princess cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
I''ve seen many graphs and pictures that provide an approximate carat weight to mm width for RB diamonds.

Is there such a thing for princess cut diamonds? I know that the depth ratio also has a factor here, but if we were to say approximately, what would the carat weight to size ratio be for it? any pictures anyone?

researcher

Ideal_Rock
Princess cut stones really vary in size. That being said, here''s a basic formula you can use:

[(Carat weight)^(1/3)]*x, where "x" is the appropriate measure of a well cut 1.00ct diamond of the same shape. For princess cuts, I would use 5.6mm or 5.7mm for "x".

Honestly though, there is no such thing for princess cuts. You really need to be more concerned with the depth/table combo, pavilion and crown than the size ratio.

I hope this helps!

msb700

Brilliant_Rock
thanks researcher..only reason im asking is because i already have a channel set princess cut 1/2 eternity band that i use as a wedding band sometimes. I''m trying to change the setting to a shared prong band, but wanted to get an approximate idea of what the carat weight of my diamonds are before.

I had spoken to my local jeweler, but he told me that he would need to remove the diamonds from their current setting to be able to give me the proper carat weight and was just wondering if i could get an approximation on my own before i take it in.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results