shape
carat
color
clarity

Size of diamond earrings vs. size of diamond ring

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jsstrong

Rough_Rock
Any advice about what the size of earrings shoudl be relative to the size of the diamond in an engagement ring? (I know necklaces and earrings have to kind of match, but what advice on how to match diamond earrings and rings?)

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
there are no rules really. get what you like!
2.gif

i think it might look kind of odd if you had a .50ct e-ring and 2ct studs, but if that''s what you want...go for it.
there are no rules!

Sundial

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Belle there are no rules. A woman''s earrings and her engagement ring are not that close together that they have to "match". I used to have a one carat engagement ring and .33 each diamond studs and that looked fine. Now my studs and the diamond in my ring are 1.25 carats each and that looks fine too. I have also worn princess cut studs with a round engagement ring diamond. No one ever thought it looked odd.

ursulawrite

Shiny_Rock
My e-ring is 1.32 carats and my earrings are 1.98 tcw. I think they look fine all worn together.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
The ears are too far away from the hand to make a difference. I think it''s more important to consider the size of the earrings in relation to the size of the ear lobes and the size of the ring in relation to the size of the finger.

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi! I agree that there are no rules regarding the size of earrings as related to the size of the stone in a ring.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 1:16:42 PM
Author: Hest88
The ears are too far away from the hand to make a difference. I think it''s more important to consider the size of the earrings in relation to the size of the ear lobes and the size of the ring in relation to the size of the finger.

Ditto. Aptly stated.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I have a 2.36 e-ring and approx 1 carat tw studs. But I wouldn''t kick outta bed ~ 2 carat tw studs!!!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I never knew there was a set "rule". I just would get the nicest/largest you can afford.

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/10/2006 3:05:57 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
I never knew there was a set ''rule''. I just would get the nicest/largest you can afford.

Right - I agree. I probably should have made that more clear! One further piece of advice... get them somewhere that has a full trade-up policy. Earrings are subject to DSS, too, you know! I can tell ya'' that mine are getting smaller every day!!!
2.gif
1.gif
9.gif

glaucomflecken

Brilliant_Rock
Agree with the previous posters. My e-ring is 1.52, my studs are .80 tcw and my pendant is .55 ct. I was more concerned about having the studs and pendant more proportional since they are worn closer together (I always like when the studs are slightly smaller than the pendant).

No rules though! Go to some stores and look at different sizes. You will know what is a great size for you when you see it. :)

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/10/2006 9:01:10 AM
Author:jsstrong
Any advice about what the size of earrings shoudl be relative to the size of the diamond in an engagement ring? (I know necklaces and earrings have to kind of match, but what advice on how to match diamond earrings and rings?)
well.....the basic rule is....75% the weight of your e-ring center stone.so, if your center stone is 1 ct your earrings should be like 3/4 ctw.
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results