shape
carat
color
clarity

Sister-in-LawsRing...I-1, J, .79

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous set, your SIL is going to love it, no doubt! Congratulations on finding such a wonderful treasure for your BIL!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/20/2007 8:19:19 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006

I believe it is her brother-in-law''s wife, not her sister. She refers to her as a sister-in-law in another post. Must be her hubby''s brother.

Anyway, you did a fantastic job, Judy! Lucky girl to have you helping with this project!
Oh geeeeez, now I feel dumb! I guess I was reading it wrong also...
37.gif
40.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 9/20/2007 8:36:37 PM
Author: Ellen
Well now, didn''t you go and put together quite a bargain. Very nice!!
36.gif
Ditto Judy, you did an AWESOME job, well done you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Your SIL will be thrilled--good on ya, for putting those PS skills thru the paces!!!!
36.gif
1.gif

cheers--Sharon

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Good Morning All,

Yep, husbands brothers wife so SIL by marriage.
1.gif
I had fun taking on this project. It''s like posters that come online & lay out their budget & ask for help maximizing it. We love doing it. With family, it''s fun but a bit unnerving cause it''s their money you''re spending but moreso, it''s their trust & faith in you that you strive harder. Ask Wink, I was a big ole pain in the a$$. LOL I, like a lot of us here, was so focused on the numbers of the stone that I almost let it go. On paper, it just didnt seem like a great candidate, but in person, it''s gorgeous. Honestly, a lot of people out there probably have I-1''s with a fair or good cut, low color & are happy because they dont know any better. So it was especially pleasing to find a great stone for her that otherwise she wouldnt have. Funny too that initially when I emailed Wink about being concerned about the #''s, he emailed me back to take a 2nd, closer look. LOL I was pleased to see that the stone was as well cut as it was with a table of 60 & depth about the same making it pretty much a 60-60 diamond. Do I think all stones like that are going to look great? Probably not, but do I think the vendor is paramount in finding great stones like that, yes. And for a low budget, definitely worth looking at. I actually helped out another SIL (husbands sister) a few years ago, Paola, get hers. At that time, very few consumers on PS were buying J stones & again, her budget was decent but not huge & so in order to maximize her wants, the colour was the sacrifice & so she got an SI-1, J, .81 stone. Mara was instrumental in that decision as I think she had just gotten her J & I picked her brain a lot about it. LOL That stone turned out to be amazing & gorgeously white. I started to fall in love with J''s because of the fabulous value they provided. Even though I''m colour sensative, I just love a bargain! LOL Also at that time, SI-2''s were not highly regarded either. Luckily, they are now.
36.gif
And the trend is to accept a stone with a "mind clean" mentality has been a positive step forward.

I''m hoping BIL gives her the rings this weekend. I''m off Sunday & Monday so maybe will be able to take some hand shots then if she has them. I''m sure she won''t mind at all. :) Thanks again for making me feel good about this purchase. I feel even better with PS members giving me the thumbs up.
31.gif

Judy
:)

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just a beautiful set, such beautiful workmanship! I really don''t think you could have done better for that budget. I''m a big fan of Wink''s work.

3shebabes

Shiny_Rock
I am selfishly hoping that your BIL gives his wife the rings this weekend -- and the sooner the better so that you can give us the sweet details of how it all played out. I look forward to hearing about it and hopefully seeing pictures. I am excited for this woman who I have never even met! Isn''t that funny?!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, Judy, I am beyond impressed with your bargain hunting skills! You are awesome! I can''t wait to hear about your SIL getting the rings! She is going to be blown away! They are just beautiful! Good work!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful! You did a awesome job at finding a great deal! I''m sure your SIL will love her upgrade!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Hey....

Met up with my SIL yesterday for lunch & she wore her new diamonds. She is gushing from sheer joy. I should have taken a pic of her original set, but the stone sure is about a 1/4 ct. The new stone looked huge when compared side by side. She couldnt shut up about the "new" proposal either.
36.gif
I''m so happy she''s happy.
28.gif
The rings are a little large since they''re a size 5 & she actually wears a 4 1/2. (wish I wore a 4 1/2!!). So..I am MUCH relieved that she loves her new set.
9.gif
She''s taking them in today so she can have them sized for Thanksgiving next weekend. She cant wait to show them off to the rest of the family.
21.gif

I wish I could have taken more pics but she was so embarrassed & "can''t believe people take pictures of their rings".
31.gif
10.gif
25.gif
Boy, she just has no clue! LOL

I think the size of the actual rings (width) looks so perfect on her small hand. The yellow gold looks great too with her colouring. Mind you, she has a good tan right now. LOL The stones glimmered against the yellow gold.

Judy
:)

Sueonhand1.jpg

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
As a lurker for about a month, I am still learning the finer points of this site, but was so inspired by your post that I am lurking no more. Forgive me if I breach some etiquette at first. Can I ask you: Who is "Wink" and where would I find him? He sounds like a keeper to me!

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Aww, it turned out beautifully!! And I''m so glad she''s pleased, not that I thought she wouldn''t be.
9.gif

Good job.
36.gif

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wink Jones is a vendor in Idaho who sells diamonds (and AGS0 Infinity diamonds) and gemstones and settings. You can read more about it here: www.winkjones.com

snlee

Ideal_Rock
It''s beautiful and looks great on her!

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Wow, they look great on her!!! Im glad she is so happy and that you helped her hubby get such a good deal!
Great story!!!!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow-they look spectacular on her! I bet she is over the moon! Good work-every woman could use a sister in law like you!

Harleigh

Ideal_Rock
You did a fantastic job! Those rings are gorgeous, and that stone looks WAY bigger than a .79! Good work!
36.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results