shape
carat
color
clarity

Single Stone Visit Part 2 - the Eternities!!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1372889830|3476933 said:
LLJsmom said:
yennyfire|1372852249|3476480 said:
Can I come to your slumber party?? I've always told Ari that one night, I want him to lock me in the store with all of the cases open so that I can play! You lucky girl, you got pretty close to that!! I love that little French cut band, it's gorgeous!! And that 3ct oec ain't bad either! :naughty:

Hi yennyfire, before meeting pricescopers, I never would have gone out of my way to visit a specific jeweler, but since meeting you all, I want to move into the store. I think most people would have thought I was crazy (who? me?) but I was more excited about visiting Single Stone than any other part of the family trip, which included a family wedding, three days in Disneyland (I love Disneyland.) and catching up with old friends.

I totally felt lucky to see so many in real life. :appl: :appl: I think we should all go to a slumber party at Single Stone. And if the price was to buy one before we left (It would have to be a 24 hour party.), I would suck it up and do it. Your idea, lock us in and open up the cases, I'm in!!! :devil:

I would totally come to that slumber party and it would probably be the highlight of my year!

Pearl Paradise does the "pearl ruckus" which is essentially a weekend long pearl orgy. Single Stone would make a fortune doing an "old cut ruckus"!

Rosebloom, GENIUS IDEA. You should propose it to them. Once a year, limited number of spaces. Their showroom can't accommodate that many sleeping bags. ;-) Everyone leaves with a ring, any ring, at a discount, only to be fair. Fine, they can even leave a chaperone. :lol:

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
woofmama|1372893981|3476970 said:
Thank you so much for both of your SS threads :)) Such beautiful pieces to try on, lucky you!
I have an asscher band on my short list. Want it next year for my birthday and was leaning toward u-prong/trellis but that channel set looks amazing :lickout: And if I win the lotto the chunky bezel yg French cut band is mine! I love the look of mixing old cut stones with modern settings-that band is soooo my taste :love:

Woofmama, you have to share if you decide to get a channel set asscher. How exciting!!! :appl: :appl:

Schafenm

Shiny_Rock
OMG I so want that asscher eternity band to go with my asscher ering!! Love your pictures.. such beautiful rings! :love: :love: :love:

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
LLJsmom|1372894148|3476973 said:
packrat|1372893730|3476966 said:
Wow, that bezeled square French cut band is amazing!! Man do I want one of those bad boys!

Did you happen to see the channel set French cut baguette band? That's the one I want to get for my AVC three stone.

No i didn't try that one on. If you want a pic on a live finger, I bet you could ask Heather to put it on and take a pic and send it to you. They were super nice about it and they know tons of their clients don't ever make it into the store to try the rings on.

I have to say that I am impressed by all the people that already knew (and believed) that these rings are that amazing even without seeing them. I tend to be skeptical until I see things with my own eyes. That is why I am so blown away because they are even prettier than the pictures. And really, the pictures are rather life-less compared to the real life version. I feel sooooo lucky. Now I just need to go out to NY to see GOG. :wink2:

Eeek I bet she would...and then I'd really be in trouble. Best I don't see it, I think!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
LLJsmom|1372889579|3476931 said:
Hi Diamondseeker, Yes, Single Stone (don't know why that call it that. i want every stone they have. I know. Probably because I could afford only one stone, and a very small one at that. :lol: ) is amazing.

ahahahha I have had this same thought so many times.

I WANT that square french cut bezel band. Don't wanna know the price though. (I know I wouldn't be able to convince my husband 10k+ for an eternity band is a good buy... maybe my dad would go for it though? I can try to convince him it's a traditional post-wedding father-daughter gift to show that he'll always be my dad. And he knows much less about the cost of jewelry than my husband does, since he's not exposed to my daily PS rants. Yep. Solid plan!)

blingymo

Shiny_Rock
Rosebloom, GENIUS IDEA. You should propose it to them. Once a year, limited number of spaces. Their showroom can't accommodate that many sleeping bags. ;-) Everyone leaves with a ring, any ring, at a discount, only to be fair. Fine, they can even leave a chaperone. :lol:[/quote]

Who needs to sleep? I will sell my sleeping bag spot to someone to help finance my purchase!

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Many years ago Ari emailed me pictures of two stunning bands, FRET-M (2.1 mm wide) and FRET-P (3.1mm wide). Thought I'd add them to this thread for posterity. And so I had an excuse to drool over them again. :)

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372902877.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372902893.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372902908.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372902919.jpg

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Two more...

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372903079.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalk1372903090.jpg

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1372902927|3477039 said:
Many years ago Ari emailed me pictures of two stunning bands, FRET-M (2.1 mm wide) and FRET-P (3.1mm wide). Thought I'd add them to this thread for posterity. And so I had an excuse to drool over them again. :)

Omg!! Is that your emerald cut it is with?? I'm dying... PERFECT set. I tried that French cut on. It is definitely even more stunning with that solitaire. Would be a perfect wedding band. I need a wedding band and engagement run DO OVER!! No offense to my wonderful husband but I would willingly give up my set for that, without shame.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
Oh goodness - I really wish it was my emerald cut ring!!! No,
sadly, that was a two carat EC they had in stock that they used to help show scale in the pictures. I agree that it's a stunning combination!

distracts

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Rosebloom|1372902927|3477039 said:

ugh thanks for nearly killing me, Rosebloom. Those are the top two I'd be interested in buying. I've been putting some money away in a french-cut-eternity bling fund, but I'm too chicken to ask the price on those and know how many years away from buying them I am, lol. I actually think on the hand shots I like the skinnier one better.

Rosebloom

Ideal_Rock
I also adore the skinnier band. And four years ago it cost over $5k so I shudder to think of today's price!

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
I have been holding out for two days now-I will make a SMTB. It's been busy, didn't mean to leave you out. ;-)

_7754.jpg

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
LLJsmom, what are your plans for your set? You sound a little conflicted about your MRB now that youv've seen the Mother Lode or am I wrong? Maybe you just need some time away...

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
backwardsandinheels|1372959040|3477285 said:
LLJsmom, what are your plans for your set? You sound a little conflicted about your MRB now that youv've seen the Mother Lode or am I wrong? Maybe you just need some time away...

MOTHERLODE, what better word?? That exactly describes my pittance of an hour and 45 minutes at the store. It only has me craving more. It's like the best of all the beautiful OECs that I've seen on pricescope all in one place. I probably needed at least half an hour just to recover from being there before I could focus on any one piece.

I do love my MRB and I did just order a reset before I visited the store. So in my mind, I am stuck with this ring. And honestly I do really love my stone. I have grown emotionally attached to it. I also think a high quality MRB will always retain its value, etc. However, after seeing these kinds of OECs in real life, I think I want an old cut stone. I have always loved the AVR and AVC, and imagined myself with an AVC. I now wonder if SS carries OMCs. I should ask. But I am in NO WAY qualified to even consider choosing any kind of old cut stone on line. I bought my MRB through Blue Nile, and did very well, if I may say so myself. But these old cut rocks, each one is its own animal. So I would probably feel comfortable only if I did it through SS or maybe GOG if an AVC. I see people saying Ls and Ks looking yellowish, while I saw only white with the N I saw at SS. So even the color grade cannot be subject to an established standard.

So, I could save up for a while, and I am talking years, to get an AVC or an OMC, or just indulge maybe once a year or so and get an SS stacker. What would you do if you were in my position? Those SS eternities are so distinct and full of character and amazingly beautiful. I think of each one as an heirloom piece.

CrazyBirdLady

Shiny_Rock
LLJsmom|1372861682|3476592 said:
CrazyBirdLady|1372841989|3476440 said:
Wow I want to visit Singlestone. Amazing 3ct and I'm scared to ask how much the gold eternity cost. I'm loving round and baguette eternities ATM. Thank you for sharing the pictures

Hi CrazyBirdLady, I totally wished I could have visited with a fellow pricescoper. We would have been there forever. Here are the details on the round and french cut eternity in gold. It really does make me think before I spend $9K on an eternity, with less than 2 cttw. But they are so beautiful, and unique and such an amazingly distinctive piece. And I didn't think I would go for the yellow gold but it works so well with their bezel pieces. I can see myself staring at it all day. I can see passing it on to my daughter.

AR1121FY-3:1.90cttw GH/VS (1.10cttw French cut diamonds & 0.80cttw old European cut diamonds) set in an 18kt yellow gold hand crafted “Single Stone” mounting. $8,700 (We would need to hand craft this in a finger size 4 ¾ for you which will take approximately 6-8 weeks)

I'd love to visit SS with you! Yikes about the price. Thank you for the info and I"ll be putting a Bev K eternity on my list now the SS is out of the budget

backwardsandinheels

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, your question of what to do?? I'd get a stacker. A classic-type first that you can wear all the time if you want, then a vintage omc if that's what you like. After that, any colorful or bold stacker til you have all the ones you want. SS could make you an omc eternity :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results