shape
carat
color
clarity

Since you asked...new ID Jewelry eternity band

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cozystitches...I'm not sure what kind of photo you want? Explain it to me again and I'll be happy to take one.

Dani, it's not that I'm not happy with my ering...I love it...if I lived in OC (like OCmom3xboys), I might not feel this way. It just stands out so much here that it makes me feel awkward. If I'm being totally honest, I guess the other thing is that every time I wear it, I think of the $40K that could be sitting in retirement instead of on my finger. Or the upstairs remodel that we want to do, that the whole family would enjoy....I just don't know how to get past that. I don't think that if I had taken just the insurance money ($22K) and replaced my ring, I would be feeling this way, and of course, with $22K, I wouldn't have gotten a 3.5+ ct. ring....

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
Your eternity band is gorgeous. I love your ering, it should be worn.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, Yenny, I so understand what you are saying! I have loved jewelry since I was a little girl and my aunt would buy me 14k gold jewelry and some with small gemstones. Finding PS was such a dream come true to find others who also love jewelry and diamonds. But the problem is, the average diamond here is a LOT larger than most people's real life social circles. There are some very wealthy women at my church who live in 6000 sq. ft. homes near or on the lake but they still wear their original under .5 ct. e-rings! My sisters and sisters-in-law all have between .75 and 1.25 ct. e-rings. I only went with a 1.63 ct. stone, but being ideal cut, I think it looks even larger than that (I could have easily gone with 2 cts, but just didn't feel comfortable)! I had to go with a non-blingy wedding band so it wouldn't be over the top! Now I worry about leaving the diamond to one of my daughters who certainly will not have e-rings this size. So I frequently will think of trading it in for a smaller stone with higher color just to make it fit in a little better. If I went with a 1.35 it would still be about the biggest of those I see on a regular basis! BUT, I do love my diamond because it is perfectly cut and very beautiful, so it isn't easy for me to give up. And days like today, when I am having lunch with PS friends, I know they will be like-minded and I'll be comfortable with my ring! I am also very glad I have it when I go in nice jewelry stores because jewelers who know their stuff appreciate fine diamonds and realize you have discerning taste. But for everyday, I think the 1.3-1.5 range would have been most ideal for me. What to do? Let me know if you figure it out!!!!! (I do want an eternity band like yours!!)

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Yennyfire: A picture of your ring as if it had spun around so that the sizing bar was facing up and you were looking down (not profile) shot. :D My 3/4 ring spins like crazy, and drives me bonkers! I've seen some 3/4 rings that the sizing bar mimics the look of the ring (rather than just a straight bar), I wasn't sure if yours mimicked or was just the bar...gosh, maybe I should have just asked that :rolleyes:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Cozy, I get it now. Will take a pic when I get home (I'm not wearing it now).

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Diamondseeker2006, you hit the nail on the head. That's exactly how I feel and I wish I knew what to do about it. My old ering fit in just fine so this problem is a new one for me. Maybe I will get used to it, but the other piece (the looking at our retirement fund or the upstairs of our home that I want to remodel), I'm not so sure...and I don't know where that leaves me.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Here's the view you requested cozystitches...it is curved to the shape of the band (not straight across)...hope this helps! :)

bottom%20of%20ring.jpg

Cozystitches

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks, Yenny! :D I'm still thinking that a full eternity would be best for me, all my rings spin (large knuckles, smaller indented fingers) so the spinning drives me BATTY! :D :twirl:

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
beautiful band Yenny... :love: :appl:

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Glad I could help cozy! Thanks DF!

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
I know what you mean. I have moved from a big 3 stone to a band and like it a lot better. That 2.93 on the JBEG site is a consignment. I looked at it too before deciding to stick with the band. I liked the big ring but I kind of felt silly with it since most of my time is spent in sweat pants (I work for myself at home) or grubbing around in the dirt or doing dog rescue. Not exactly glamorous pursuits. I have that Elyse band that was on the JBEG site and I'm going to get a couple more similar to it and stack them all. Here's a pretty stack for those into them

stone_stacking_rings.jpg

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
You have that Elyse band tradergirl?? I LOVE that band! Please, please post some photos (including handshots!)...I love your stacking rings...they are gorgeous!

Phoenix

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yenny,

I LURVE yr new eternity ring. It's divine, absolutely TDF!! I am seriously thinking of resetting my late mom's 5-stone ring (I don't like seeing the metal when the ring spins) into a full or 3/4 eternity band like yours. I have a Q though, is it completely comfortable to wear on yr RH? I was at the jeweller's today and they said that I may feel the stones (abt 21-23 pointers each) on the sides and have advised me therefore to change it into a LHR instead (since I'm right-handed and it may be too much in the way too).

Please please please don't downgrade that gorgeus ering of yours!! It looks amazing as it is!! You know you might get kicked out of PS, right?!! Ha ha...only j/k!! But seriously, pls don't change that beautiful ring.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Phoenix, I find the ring perfectly comfortable on whichever hand I wear it on. The first day or so, I was concious of feeling "something", but after a few days, I didn't notice it. I think anytime you put a new ring on, it feels different to you, but then you get used to it.

As for my ering, I'm struggling with this one (see my post about trading down in Hangout)....

tradergirl

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, I have it. I thought the price was a bit on the hefty side but once I received it, I was taken with the extremely fine craftsmanship and detail in it. The french cuts are very nice and the milgrain is almost too tiny to see. I think it would look good stacked with one of the larger 2-3 ct. tw Singletone OEC bands and then another Elyse on the top. I contacted Singlestone and am chatting with them about it. It is okay on its own as well.

yennyfire

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Photos please! I lusted after that band on a daily basis until it disappeared! At least I know it went to a good home! ;-)

mamadelmar

Shiny_Rock
tradergirl|1301241503|2881170 said:
Here's a pretty stack for those into them

Tradergirl, may I ask where the bottom ring (the hexagons) is from? I'm looking for one just like it. Thank you!

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous eternity band!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results