shape
carat
color
clarity

Since you asked here are the tsavorites

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
OK, these aren''t the best photos but they are all I have for now. The small tsavorite (1.5 cts.) Gene rates as a 10 for color and an 8 for clarity due to a slight veil. The big tsavorite (5.04 cts.) he rates as a 9 for color and a 7 for clarity because of a veil. I had to use a loop to initially find the veil. He said it took his wife a minute or two of turning it around under the bathroom lights. Both stones are rated a 5 for briliance. I am really happy with both of them!

P8180358.JPG

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
The only other decent one...

P8180359.JPG

Burberrygirl

Brilliant_Rock
Very pretty! I love the color
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Cind, those are gorgeous, I love the color. My monitor shows a little blue, does it show that in the stones?? They are beautiful.

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Wooooooooooooowwwwwweeeeeeeeeee!
30.gif
Thank you so much for posting those Cind11! They''re both gorgeous and you are one lucky lady!
36.gif

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
oh my wordy wordy!! those are great stones
30.gif
30.gif

LtlFirecracker

Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

So pretty!!! Love them both. What are you going to do with them??????

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks everyone. There might be some blue in the smaller stone, but not in the larger I don''t think. I also don''t know what that weird thing is inside the top of the table on the big stone. It''s not there in real life. The smaller stone will be combined with another stone for a pendant. In fact, I''d like to have the pendant made by T Lee Gold who Fly Girl has used. The large stone will be a ring but all I know so far is that I would like it to be in white gold or platinum. I might do some kind of a semibezel too for protection. I''m open to ideas. I will be waiting until next year to do anything!

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Both are gorgeous! Wow, a 5ct. tsav....
30.gif

Barrett

Ideal_Rock
sweet stones..a 5ct. tsavo is not to bad..if it''s that hard to see the flaw it''s impossible to see in everyday wear...color looks very very good!

Nomsdeplume

Brilliant_Rock
Wow that color is just stunning!!!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Both are gorgeous!! Lucky you!!!!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Whoohoo
36.gif
Those are yummy!

-A

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the little one on the left - it has a nice blue undertone and the overall colour is so rich; just the right tone. The large 5 ct tsavorite is not too bad either - getting such a large green garnet is pretty rare.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks for all the comments. These pictures at least don''t make the stones look sickly like the original photos I took, but still don''t capture the real colors of the stone. I think the big guy is MUCH nicer in person. About 4 yrs. ago I asked a PS appraiser what I should look for in a tsavorite. He said they should be kelly green in color and very saturate. That is pretty much how I would describe the 5 ct. stone. Gene told me that if the if this stone was darker (like some of the darker ones I have seen on PS) it would be almost black which is not something I would prefer.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful, beautiful, beautiful glorious green stones. I love them, Cindy.
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

They will be stunning set into jewelry. I''m sure T Lee will do them justice.
36.gif

geckodani

Ideal_Rock
The color on those is stunning!!!

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Wow, those are just phenomenal Tsavs.
30.gif

What are your plans for them?

icekid

Ideal_Rock
5 cts?!?! wow, that is certainly a sizeable, lovely tsav! But the color of the little guy really grabs me. What an incredible set they will make.

tsavvy

Shiny_Rock
Thank you for posting pictures!! Those are beautiful -- I love the color and cut on both. You are inspiring some serious 5 ct tsavorite envy here
21.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/19/2009 3:39:14 PM
Author: Cind11
Thanks for all the comments. These pictures at least don''t make the stones look sickly like the original photos I took, but still don''t capture the real colors of the stone. I think the big guy is MUCH nicer in person. About 4 yrs. ago I asked a PS appraiser what I should look for in a tsavorite. He said they should be kelly green in color and very saturate. That is pretty much how I would describe the 5 ct. stone. Gene told me that if the if this stone was darker (like some of the darker ones I have seen on PS) it would be almost black which is not something I would prefer.
Hi Cind11,

I know you''ve been searching for Tsavorites for quite a while, so congratulations. I love the ''baby''s'' blue secondary.

I suspect that your stones are medium toned. The darker ones around here are medium-darks. With due respect to Gene, the don''t black out. See MakingtheGrade''s.

Wear them in good health!

blithesome71

Shiny_Rock
WOW! Those tsavs are sooo pretty!!!! The color is very refreshing & stunning. I love it!
30.gif

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone!

LTP, the small tsavorite will go into a pendant with a yellow groussularite garnet. (also from Gene) The big one will be set in a ring.

Fly Girl, as I''ve told you before I really like T Lee''s work!

packrat

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ooo I love the color! Are you planning your project now, or is it for the future?

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 8/20/2009 6:05:38 PM
Author: packrat
Ooo I love the color! Are you planning your project now, or is it for the future?
I will just be admiring the stones until next year. I need to recover from this purchase!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
What yummy tsavorites! I love green stones..

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow! a 5ct gorgeous tsav!

megeve

Brilliant_Rock
Oooooh, love the green! Very pretty stones!
30.gif

CharmyPoo

Ideal_Rock
Wow! That is one gorgeous tsavorite. I love love the color.

Cind11

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks again everyone. I think I will be intimidated to set the big stone. Hope inspiration will strike!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results