shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple setting- Can anyone do it?

onlyincali

Rough_Rock
Awesome! Thanks!

Will they need to see the stone before insuring it or do they just go off the certs and receipt? It seems like a lot of people choose not to insure (other than homeowners)...right?

onlyincali

Rough_Rock
Ok, here are my results...

I called JA and they ABSOLUTELY cannot have it by my deadline of Jan 7th. I called BG and they said "we can probably have it by then" but it would cost me roughly $200 just in shipping and setting fees, on top of the cost of the setting. Not terrible but I'm not satisfied with "maybe" for my deadline. I know its not their fault I need this so quickly, but I need to come up with a sure thing.

I stopped back by my local jeweler that was mentioned in the first post. He said he can get me anything from Steuller and mount it by the 4th of January but that he cannot find who makes the BG "Rachel" ring. He DID say that he can design one on Stuller's page and have them send it in time. He said he can make it look just like the one on BG website. His quote was under $400 with the side stones and everything, set and out the door.

Given the circumstance, does this sound like a horrible idea on my behalf? Is Stuller decent? Are there any other companies I should be requesting(he can order "anything")? Everyone talks about "great bench work".... Is there really much bench work to setting this thing?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse or going in circles... Just a lil stressed/concerned.

EDIT- Here is the setting I want. BG confirmed they simply order it from an outside company...they wont say from who though. Anyone know?
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/rachel-14k-white-gold-5915w14

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
onlyincali|1419297895|3806161 said:
Ok, here are my results...

I called JA and they ABSOLUTELY cannot have it by my deadline of Jan 7th. I called BG and they said "we can probably have it by then" but it would cost me roughly $200 just in shipping and setting fees, on top of the cost of the setting. Not terrible but I'm not satisfied with "maybe" for my deadline. I know its not their fault I need this so quickly, but I need to come up with a sure thing.

I stopped back by my local jeweler that was mentioned in the first post. He said he can get me anything from Steuller and mount it by the 4th of January but that he cannot find who makes the BG "Rachel" ring. He DID say that he can design one on Stuller's page and have them send it in time. He said he can make it look just like the one on BG website. His quote was under $400 with the side stones and everything, set and out the door.

Given the circumstance, does this sound like a horrible idea on my behalf? Is Stuller decent? Are there any other companies I should be requesting(he can order "anything")? Everyone talks about "great bench work".... Is there really much bench work to setting this thing?

Sorry if I'm beating a dead horse or going in circles... Just a lil stressed/concerned.

EDIT- Here is the setting I want. BG confirmed they simply order it from an outside company...they wont say from who though. Anyone know?
http://www.briangavindiamonds.com/engagement-rings/solitaire/rachel-14k-white-gold-5915w14

Don't stress out. sounds to me like the deadline is really important to you. If it is, go with someone who can guarantee the date.

ill think if there is anything else similar to stuller... but stuller is just fine. it would make a lovely ring

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results