shape
carat
color
clarity

Simple Pleasures

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Third-ing the snow-silence. When things are still enough after a heavy snowfall to hear the crunch of your footsteps. The scrape-slush of your neighbor shoveling his walk. The sound of setting down your sled on top of a hill...and the anticipation of rushing down with the freezing wind in your face!

Then, the heavy, crunchy footfalls treading all the way back uphill to do it all over again. Ahh. Winter! :clap:

SB621

Ideal_Rock
Hugs and physical contact. No matter what is going on I just love hugs from family and friends. or when someone reaches to hold my hand. It makes me happy to feel loved and wanted.

alexah

Brilliant_Rock
After living in a small Apt in NYC for 20 years, living in a Real House... with a Yard!
Seeing birds every day back there... including cranes, herons, storks... and the occasional gator!

Flowers year-round, including their wonderful smell.

Opening the cabinet where I store the coffee - it smells SO good.

Taking the dog on a long walk with my husband at night.

When my dog is feeling good (he's had a bad limp this week but he's looking better today) - he's such a happy, spirited, well-mannered guy - he makes me smile SO much. Such personality - he's just the best!

A good night's sleep.

Trying a new recipe that comes out great.

Being so close to my family.

When my husband hugs me and tells me I'm the best and really (seems to) mean it ;-)

I could go on and on... I try to appreciate the little things every day and be grateful for all my blessings. :))

Sunstorm

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Sleeping in and first coffee in the morning like this morning, then decluttering the house, cleaning and sorting clothes, cleaning my jewelry. Reading PS knowing I have all the time as I am home alone today.

Act and words of kindness when you get them totally unexpectedly and perhaps feeling a bit down; priceless. Planning out giving surprises and/or being kind to those that matter.

Listening to Puma (one of my Abys) snoring when he is dreaming, Puma hugging my neck, sticking his head under my jaw and drooling. Samu the puppy sticking his head in the open kitchen window while I am cooking.

Walking in downtown Vienna, I love the atmosphere of that city more than anything and it is new to me working there as I am not Austrian. Chatting with new people there.

Going on unexpected day trips or deciding last minute to go out for dinner after working late.

Everything that has to do with diamonds and jewelry, PS, a new design idea, new stones and new customers, happy customers, etc.

And of course being a girlie girl, finding a beautiful new dress 50 % off that matches my jewelry unexpectedly and being gifted with it as a surprise.

There are so many simple pleasures.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
hot. cheese. pizza.

Magpie4426

Shiny_Rock
What a great thread. Here are mine:

Starting the day with coffee and a couple of biscuits, not super healthy, but it gets me on track for a good day

Holding my daughters hand. She's 4.5 now and getting to that skinny, all-legs-and-arms stage, but her hands still have a squishy bit of pudge.

Hearing my almost 2 year old son saying 'I wuv you, Mommy' when I least expect it

When my lovely husband pulls the covers over me in the early hours, just before I get cold enough to wake up to do it myself

The bouncing, energised feeling I get after a good workout

The peaceful, all-is-right feeling I get after meditation

Life is good

artdecogirl

Brilliant_Rock
Ahhh the sheet thing, I just put the flannel sheets on the bed yesterday. Last week I met my grandson who is in kindergarden off the bus and he saw me and smiled and came running yelling "Grandma"!!! it was awesome.. Hot summer afternoons walking through the gardens and the catmint just hums with bumblebees.... The smell of campfires outside in the fall. Getting ready for date night, taking a bath and doing your nails, picking out a outfit, freshly shaved legs...

arkieb1

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gypsy|1412639091|3763327 said:
OMG. Mulberries. I ADORE Mulberries. You lucky lucky lady.

I miss Australia. Enjoy spring!

Spring is great!!! The fruit bats (which are the largest bats I have ever seen) have managed to steal 80% of the Mulberries this year but here you go;

mulberry_tree_oct_2014.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results