shape
carat
color
clarity

*sigh*

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sevens one

Ideal_Rock
Storm- I hope things clear up quickly for you.
I''m sorry you''re suffereing right now.
Prayers a-comin!

snlee

Ideal_Rock
Best wishes for a speedy recovery and job offer! Hope things get better for you soon!

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Listen to your doctors, have lots of chicken soup and get well soon!

katebar

Brilliant_Rock
Positive thoughts coming your way strmdr
35.gif
. get better soon.

Dee*Jay

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Storm, I''m so sorry to hear that you''re under the weather and that a job hasn''t panned out for you yet. Hang in there; we''re all sending positive vibes your way. Big hugs outgoing.

iwannaprettyone

Ideal_Rock
How are you feelin'' today?

Biaxin is strong, it makes me soooo nauseous though so make sure you keep up with the fluids and take with food.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 2:49:26 PM
Author: iwannaprettyone

Biaxin is strong, it makes me soooo nauseous though so make sure you keep up with the fluids and take with food.
temp is down in the 99 range which is better than it was last night.
so far it isn''t bothering my tummy.
me wants a cigarette very badly!!
patches are helping with that some what.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 3:47:40 PM
Author: strmrdr

How are you feelin' today?

so far it isn't bothering my tummy.
Storm, kick that habit please.
12.gif
My hubby smoked for about 20 years and quit because he kept getting so sick. His health is so much better than it was; he had the hardest time kicking the addiction! I am praying hard for you to stay strong!

simplysplendid

Brilliant_Rock
Take care and get well soon!

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
Hope you feel better soon!
8.gif

Shay37

Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/30/2007 3:47:40 PM

so far it isn''t bothering my tummy.
So does knowing so many people wish you would stop. Your health is so important to all of us. Please I know it''s hard. Hang in there. My teacher used to have that on her wall. When you get to the end of your rope, make a knot and hang on. It''s one of my favorite sayings. I''m praying for you Strm.

shay

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi Storm,

Wondering how you are feeling tonight????

And PLEASE stop smoking!!! NOT good for you
8.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:35:52 AM
Author: Linda W
Hi Storm,

Wondering how you are feeling tonight????

And PLEASE stop smoking!!! NOT good for you
8.gif
temp is back up over 100 which it has been doing .. going up at night.
coughing more which is bugging my asthma :{

I''m working on the smoking....

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Storm,

I feel for you. I have Asthma too. Every time I get sick, the asthma flares up. Do you take Singulair??? I take that every night. Advair in the morning and night and Albuterol as needed.

Hope you feel better in the morning.

Hugs,
Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:52:24 AM
Storm,

I feel for you. I have Asthma too. Every time I get sick, the asthma flares up. Do you take Singulair??? I take that every night. Advair in the morning and night and Albuterol as needed.

Hugs,
Linda
advair 250/50 2x per day
doing nebulizers every 6 hours right now.
Might move to every 4 hours in the evenings until this clears up.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 12:52:24 AM
Storm,

Hugs,
Linda
Those are the meds my son takes. Singulair has helped a lot. Storm, it's normal for temps to rise at night. I hope you are drinking plenty of fluids, and I don't mean Pepsi. The coughing will go on for a while as you well know. Sleep on your good side. Can your sister come over and do chest PT's?? You lay on your side, she cups her hands and makes suction cups hitting you on your side to loosen the mucus?? It's very helpful. The hospital taught me how to do it for Ash when she had it. She's had it 3 times, and it's no fun. Glad you are on the patch.
1.gif

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Do you have year round asthma??? That is what I have. Seems like you should be on more meds for it. But that is just my two cents worth, whatever that is!!!

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Ugh! I get terrible asthma everytime I get pnemonia. They give me Advair. Got all the way up to Advair 500 last time. Then when that wasn't enough, oral steriods. I feel for you. My fever was higher at night too.

Biaxin was the second antibiotic I was on this last time. (generic and reasonable but leaves me with the most TERRIBLE taste in my mouth, still I stuck it out for 10 days).
Ceclor the third. (generic and very reasonable-- 10 days)
Zythromax was the first. (pills cost a fortune-- 10 days)

((HUGS)) Storm I'm REALLY sorry your so sick. I found that HOT HOT chamomile tea, lemon and honey helped me.

GOnna go hunt up the name of the cough medicine that helped me... hold on, maybe it will help you: Got it: Generic Phenergan w/ codieine called phomethazine. Wasn't expensive at all. I didn't have insurance when I had my pnemonia so with the meds I always asked for something affordable (after the 100+ for the Zithormax that didn't cure me).

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:13:55 AM
Do you have year round asthma??? That is what I have. Seems like you should be on more meds for it. But that is just my two cents worth, whatever that is!!!

Linda
Yes its year round but comes and goes.
I will go off any meds for 2-6 months at a time then on again for a few months.
Its getting too the point I might have to stay on advair all the time.
It was adult onset after my first bout with pnuemonia that I was in the hospital 6 days with.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
that is what happened to me. My Dr. took me on and off of Advair. Now for the last two years, I am on it permanently, along with Singulair.

Linda

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:18:34 AM
Author: Gypsy
Ugh! I get terrible asthma everytime I get pnemonia. They give me Advair. Got all the way up to Advair 500 last time. Then when that wasn''t enough, oral steriods. I feel for you. My fever was higher at night too.

Biaxin was the second antibiotic I was on this last time. (generic and reasonable but leaves me with the most TERRIBLE taste in my mouth, still I stuck it out for 10 days).

((HUGS)) Storm I''m REALLY sorry your so sick. I found that HOT HOT chamomile tea, lemon and honey helped me.

GOnna go hunt up the name of the cough medicine that helped me... hold on, maybe it will help you: Got it: Generic Phenergan w/ codieine called phomethazine. Wasn''t expensive at all. I didn''t have insurance when I had my pnemonia so with the meds I always asked for something affordable (after the 100+ for the Zithormax that didn''t cure me).
If the cough gets worse I will ask for it, thank you!
Last time they wouldn''t let me have any cough meds don''t know about this time it was 500x worse last time. tmi.. but last time if I didn''t cough it out they were going to have too put in a drain.
That was viral pneumonia so the antibiotics didn''t help much.
The stupid doc didn''t test for it but after I was out of the hospital and still having trouble 3 months later another doc did and found it was viral.
He just assumed it wasn''t because of how bad it was, so I put up with the IV antibiotics that made me feel yucky for nothing.
Not too mention 5 days of no pain meds because it kept dropping my o2 level and he wanted too send me home the first day.
First thing I did when I got out was went too a different doc and got some pain meds.
I''m still pretty bitter about it, I could have went too any ER in the condition he released me in they would have admitted me to the hospital.
When I was in the hospital after my elbow surgery one of the docs made the mistake of saying "I''m cutting the pain meds because it lowers your o2 levels" I went off and demanded a different doctor and threatened to file a complaint.
That freaked the nurse out lol
She was kinda confused because I raised heck until they were added it back on my orders but never asked for any.
I knew it was available and that was enough to put up with the pain to get off the vent sooner.
When I was off the vent I explained it too her and she was like "what??? that happened in this day and age" about the other time.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
lol cant believe I typed all that last night.
Dont remember posting it.
Rough day today, not much of any sleep.

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tee Hee Storm,

Well, what time did you finally go to bed and to sleep??? Hope it wasn''t too late!!!

How do you feel this morning my friend

Linda

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 2:11:48 AM

Date: 8/31/2007 1:18:34 AM
Ugh! I get terrible asthma everytime I get pnemonia. They give me Advair. Got all the way up to Advair 500 last time. Then when that wasn''t enough, oral steriods. I feel for you. My fever was higher at night too.

((HUGS)) Storm I''m REALLY sorry your so sick. I found that HOT HOT chamomile tea, lemon and honey helped me.

GOnna go hunt up the name of the cough medicine that helped me... hold on, maybe it will help you: Got it: Generic Phenergan w/ codieine called phomethazine. Wasn''t expensive at all. I didn''t have insurance when I had my pnemonia so with the meds I always asked for something affordable (after the 100+ for the Zithormax that didn''t cure me).
If the cough gets worse I will ask for it, thank you!
Last time they wouldn''t let me have any cough meds don''t know about this time it was 500x worse last time. tmi.. but last time if I didn''t cough it out they were going to have too put in a drain.
That was viral pneumonia so the antibiotics didn''t help much.
The stupid doc didn''t test for it but after I was out of the hospital and still having trouble 3 months later another doc did and found it was viral.
He just assumed it wasn''t because of how bad it was, so I put up with the IV antibiotics that made me feel yucky for nothing.
Not too mention 5 days of no pain meds because it kept dropping my o2 level and he wanted too send me home the first day.
First thing I did when I got out was went too a different doc and got some pain meds.
I''m still pretty bitter about it, I could have went too any ER in the condition he released me in they would have admitted me to the hospital.
When I was in the hospital after my elbow surgery one of the docs made the mistake of saying ''I''m cutting the pain meds because it lowers your o2 levels'' I went off and demanded a different doctor and threatened to file a complaint.
That freaked the nurse out lol
She was kinda confused because I raised heck until they were added it back on my orders but never asked for any.
I knew it was available and that was enough to put up with the pain to get off the vent sooner.
When I was off the vent I explained it too her and she was like ''what??? that happened in this day and age'' about the other time.

Ooooooooo I do not like the thought of a drain.
38.gif
My cough was severe because I had Bronchitis with it. TMI but it did things to my other internal organs because of the strength and pressure of it wracking my body for so long. Pain meds drop your o2 levels? I had no idea. That''s terrible. I totally understand wanting the security of having the meds on call, JUST IN CASE you can''t handle it, but not wanting to use it unless absolutely needed.

The cough medicine was pretty effective. If you get worse. Ask for it. Don''t let your cough do things to your internal organs, it''s not a good thing. I know.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:44:48 PM

Ooooooooo I do not like the thought of a drain.
38.gif
My cough was severe because I had Bronchitis with it. TMI but it did things to my other internal organs because of the strength and pressure of it wracking my body for so long. Pain meds drop your o2 levels? I had no idea. That''s terrible. I totally understand wanting the security of having the meds on call, JUST IN CASE you can''t handle it, but not wanting to use it unless absolutely needed.

The cough medicine was pretty effective. If you get worse. Ask for it. Don''t let your cough do things to your internal organs, it''s not a good thing. I know.
ouch I feel for ya! :{
Side is a bit tendor from coughing but its not what id consider too much at this point.
Have to have some too get the gunk out.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 8/31/2007 1:12:22 PM
Tee Hee Storm,

Well, what time did you finally go to bed and to sleep??? Hope it wasn''t too late!!!

How do you feel this morning my friend

Linda
slept off and on a couple hours last night yesterday morning, tonight went too bed around11 and woke up at 2am wide awake.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hope you are feeling better
12.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
How is the cough Storm? Are you feeling any better?

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 9/1/2007 11:55:14 AM
How is the cough Storm? Are you feeling any better?
Just waking up, cough hasnt been too bad today but then again iv been sleeping most of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results