shape
carat
color
clarity

*sigh* martket :(

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Well, I live in Canada and I was in the process of getting a new job- it was a VERY long process due to it being for such a large company. The position was not in my field (exactly), but it was something I was perfect for.
400 applicants, got down to 90, then to 38, and then 16 were selected (I had to write millions of tests, go for medicals, go for interviews).
Well, I was waiting for the last confirmation that the job was officially mine; until I got an email saying:

As you know there has been sudden change in the downturn of the US economy and subsequently, an instability in the Canadian marketplace.Due to this xxxx has postponed our XXXX class. At this time, we are potentially looking at a May start date depending on the market situation at that time.

We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience that this may have caused and will keep your information on file for any future opportunities that arise in this location.

Please let us know if you would like us to keep you updated on our potential future XXXX class by contacting me by phone or emailing me at XXXX.

Thanks for your understanding and we appreciate your time. Feel free to contact me if you have any questions.

I was a bit shell shocked, because I understand the whole market affection new jobs- but when I went to the first information session (at this point we were 90 candidates) someone asked the specific question on whether or not this would affect "us", and they assured us it would not- for this whole process I''ve had to take more then 2 1/2 work days in order to attend interviews, testing, medicals, etc...

It is upsetting, because we are getting married at Christmas and this job started when we got back- now, I don''t want to start looking for something else because the odds that I can find ANOTHER job that starts AFTER we get back from the wedding doesn''t sound likely. I will tell them to keep my info on file, but waiting till May seems almost impossible.

I guess I will look on the bright side and see that at least I still have my current job (despite the fact that I feel like stabbing my eyes out while there.. haha)
oh well.
This has certainly made me way more aware of this whole crisis...to those directly affected- good luck!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
So sorry to hear that sparklystars - I don''t know about the Canadian situation in as much detail but I know a LOT of people who have been looking for similarly competitive jobs in the US this year, and they have really been struggling with situations similar to what you described.

I really hope that something will come through for you, despite the odds.

purselover

Ideal_Rock
I''m sooo sorry, that''s terrible news. I really hope everything works out for the best.

sparkly_stars

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much AmberGretchen and purselover!
I still have my job now, despite how much I HATE it- and unless something else comes along that has a late start date- I will wait till we get back from the wedding to continue my search!
I think I was frustrated the most because the question was asked before we all proceeded to miss 3 days of work. sigh
(looks bad if you continue to make excuses as to why you are leaving..) oh well- stuff happens for a reason I suppose, right?
Again thanks for the good luck!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Sorry to hear about your difficulties, it must be very frustrating. I don''t want to sound like a cliche, but, at least you have a job! Right now, things are so scary. Hopefully everything will work out for you! Congrats on the upcoming wedding!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results