shape
carat
color
clarity

Sick & Sad

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hopefulbutpoor

Rough_Rock
Hi ladies! I''m relatively new to PS, but I really enjoy reading all of your posts and I know you are going to understand... My bf and I have been together for over 2 years and we''re definitely planning on getting married - at this point it''s just a matter of when. Boy soon vs. girl soon strikes again - he''s just not really "there" yet. Meanwhile, I''ve been drooling over e-rings for the longest time to get a feel for what I like *in case* he ever wants to know. SIGH.

I''ve become a whole new brand of psycho now - I catch myself completely planning this imaginary, eventual wedding. I know what kind of CAKE I want! I know that many of my friends fantasize about major parts of the wedding (the groom, the ring, the dress) but the cake??! Who does this? I''m such a nutcase, just thought I''d share. . . At some point I''m just gonna wind up setting a date and then it will just be "cut and paste" groom.
2.gif

Croí

Shiny_Rock
welcome to the asylum my pretty !!!! heheheeeheh
11.gif

we are all mad here, you''ll be in good company ! I''m getting married in eight weeks and don''t even have my e-ring yet ! ehhehehe. it''s all a crazy mad rollercoaster around here but whether you are UPUPUP! or downdowndown! the ladies are all fantastic and we really do support each other.

tell us more about you and your honey ?!

what kind of cake ?!
3.gif
3.gif

MelissaSue

Ideal_Rock
oh sweetie.. you''re not psycho.. You''re a GIRL. Thats what we girls do! I had cakes picked out before i was engaged too.. I have changed my mind since then.. but still.

This is CERTAINLY the place to be. There are girls here in ALL stages of waiting to get engaged. Some could be any day now and others will probably be waiting for quite a while still. You''ll find lots of support and shoulders to cry on here. This is the most wonderful group of girls!

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
Well, this certainly makes me feel a lot better. I found this site around last October and have been addicted ever since. At first, I was just trying to figure out what I wanted for my e-ring. Now that I''ve done that, I''m still here. But I''ve also moved over to the knot. First, just looking. Then, I started thinking about what I want. Then, I figured that it''s not too early to start deciding and researching some stuff - especially since I want to stick to a tight budget. My rationale was that if I take my time now researching the little details - looking at pictures/prices of flowers, venues, cakes, etc - then when I do finally get engagned it''ll be much less stress put on me. I''ll have a whole list of stuff ready to go, and will be able to start making phone calls right away.

Of course a part of me knows I''m delusional. I''m embarrassed at the amount of pictures/templates/articles/web sites I''ve collected. If anyone knew I''d die of shame. My boyfriend knows that I''m a PS addict, but he doesn''t yet know how much wedding research I''ve done. And I''d like to keep it that way.

At least I know now that I''m not the only one!

appletini

Ideal_Rock
If you are psycho, then we all are. The nice thing about PS and the LIW''s is that its okay to openly obsess here and no one thinks you''re a freak. I obsess about a different wedding element every week, sometimes its the cake, photographer, inviations, food/catering, the list goes on...

Morticia

Brilliant_Rock
Girl, if you''re a psycho then I am too. I typed out a guest list to my wedding the other day.
6.gif

Hi. Not even engaged to my bf yet.
32.gif

As for the cake, I had that decided a long while a go too! I actually want cup cakes, instead of a wedding cake.
41.gif

snow_happy

Brilliant_Rock
Yes we are all insane!
26.gif
19.gif

I think if you are going to obsess over a wedding - the cake is the best part! It''s beautiful and delicious...hehe.
37.gif

I have also ran through the guest list in my head to get a rough number of guests to see which venues are appropriate and I TOO am not engaged yet.

I think the whole not-engaged-yet part definitely makes me embarassed about looking up all the wedding stuff.. and I know the only people who can *truly* understand are the LIW here! My boyfriend knows I am addicted to all this stuff but he just laughs it off. He has taken to calling me "Gollum" (from The Lord of the Rings movies) and says I will probably pet my ring once I get it.
31.gif

wcitygirl

Rough_Rock
HBP -- no, you''re not crazy. It''s just all in fun! (As long as you haven''t ordered it yet....JK) For some odd reason, I''ve taken to fixating on the favors? Am I engaged, umm no. Do I know even what STATE I''m getting married in? No. But, I have those favors ALL LINED UP! Hahahaha. It''s just all in fun.
9.gif

blueroses

Ideal_Rock
Girlfriend, welcome to the loonybin.
2.gif
You are in good company, and you''re NOT sick, sad, or crazy. As MS said, you''re a GIRL!!!

(Apple, love the new icon!!)

I go through various waves of planning/faux planning/dreaming, etc. I''ve beenmostly off PS the last couple weeks because of a major computer crash/system meltdown, so I feel a little more out of the pre-e obsession loop....but on the other hand my fam went to this benefit last night and I borrowed an EC RHR from my mom, and I was just STARING at my hand the whole night, checking it in different lights, pointing out the fire and rainbows to my bf.... Yeah. It''s a sickness, I guess, but "if this is sick, I don''t want to be well"

(Or as Walken said, "I got a FEVER. And the only prescRIPTION. Is more COWbell." Or in our case, more bling, fondant, tulle, lace, milgrain, you get the idea...)

goldengirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oh, honey, if this is crazy, I don''t wanna be sane!
2.gif

Jenjen

Rough_Rock
Hopefulbutpoor: Are you inside me head or something?! I feel the exact same way, but I know we''re in good company here.

I have confirmed a budget with my mom, have guest list(s) made out ---different ones depending on the size and style of the wedding, and saved dress ideas on the knot...OMG I HAVE A KNOT PROFILE-----with an imaginary wedding date
emembarrassed.gif

Alas, I know it is just a matter of time before the big question, but sometimes I get so anxious! I am doing my best not to pester him about it.....yet. I''m giving him til our 3rd anniversary in July before I bring out the big guns.

Sometimes I''m embarrassed by all my "planning"!

hopefulbutpoor

Rough_Rock
Since my bf and I definitely both enjoy food, I want a cake that actually tastes good - and I''m a little odd, so quirkiness is a positive. . .so I would love a Krispy Kreme cake - which is especially great because he LOVES krispy kremes! yeah, I know, we''re big geeks!
41.gif

hopefulbutpoor

Rough_Rock
I replied to the first cake question without reading the rest of the posts - I love you guys!!! If it would not be tremendously embarassing, I would go look at reception sites. . .and my bf would totally freak out if he had any idea how planned his wedding already is! I just chose the cake as an example - I like the favors too! all of the websites - i''m all set. if only i had a groom. . .

To answer someone''s question about me and my bf (I don''t remember and I''m too lazy at the moment to go back and look - sorry), we met in early december 2 years ago. I was actually his waitress which explains our connection with food. Since then, I am no longer working in the restaurant, I''m a teacher in the Bronx. He teaches, too (in upstate NY - high school english). He''s on a better career path than me though - he''s already completed his master''s and gotten tenure and I''m still a maternity leave replacement working on finishing my master''s thesis so I graduate in june (did i say working on my thesis? I meant procrastinating like crazy and planning my imaginary wedding instead!)

appletini

Ideal_Rock
I have an entire excel workbook dedicated to the wedding and a list of various vendors that I want to contact when I am officially engaged. I also have an imaginary wedding date on the knot, and have entered my entire guest list on the knot.

heartsonfire

Shiny_Rock
Welcome to LIW. We are all in the same boat. I am not engaged yet and I have my tiara, jewelry and shoes already. I''ve picked out the colorscheme. I already know how our cake, center pieces, flower arrangements, bouquets and transportation will look like. I''ve been collecting wedding infos in folders. And not to forget, I love going through all my wedding magazines again and again. Constantly daydreaming of that beautiful day. It''s never too early to start planning, if you know for sure, he is the one.
1.gif

fountainfairfax

Brilliant_Rock
I think wedding-itis hits women of all ages, life-styles, first timers or divorced...it''s all about dreaming & love & creating memories...I''m 36, divorced and eloping next year and I have enough "wedding ****" aka bridal mags, to last me a lifetime!!! Dream away ladies, there are far worse things you could be doing!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to the club! My guy and I have a date....but the official proposal has not come and although I picked out the ring and was with him when he picked it up I don't have it either. Nearly the whole thing is not only planned in my head, but some of it even done. I have even bought the dress, shoes and now some gorgeous ACA diamond earrings. We have even booked our honeymoon and paid the deposits! I am thinking the proposal is going to be tonight though so hopefully my waiting time is done!

You're not nuts. You're just a girl...and you've found the right place to be.

jlc0604

Rough_Rock
I have the excel planning worksheet too, with tentative guest list complied. I''ve also made a list of venues I want to contact once I''m engaged, and also a list of questions to ask each one!

I have a few different ideas for flowers and centerpieces, as well as cakes. Also looked into STDs, invitations, placecards, menus, started designing possible monograms.

I haven''t looked much into dresses yet, nor have I bought a single magazine. I keep drawing these lines for myself, things I SWEAR I won''t do until I''m engaged. Buying magazines was one of those things, but it''s getting more and more tempting every day. And no one would know, right??

ammayernyc

Brilliant_Rock
I''m the same way with the magazines!
36.gif

I''ve taken to looking through them in the stores.

I''ve been thinking about it a lot, and the only thing that I''ve decided is that it will be in New York City on a Saturday night. Other than that, no idea. Mostly because my bf is super opinionated and will want input on EVERYTHING! [$$)]

Buena Girl

Brilliant_Rock
Guilty magazine subscriber right here
9.gif
. Yes, I am not engaged, but I have wedding magazine subscriptions.

I agree with everyone that said it''s because we''re girls. I remember having long discussions with friends, especially back in the days when we were single, about fantasy weddings and what we thought we would like. Actually, that''s the main reason I started subscribing to magazines. I never really had a good plan of what I would want in my wedding. Pricescope has helped a lot, too. The gals here post a lot of wedding details, and I LOVE reading them for ideas!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results