shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us your food!

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Tapas dinner this evening with not much cooking to be done.

"Cooking" was deep-frying the aubergine fingers and pan-frying the little peppers.

The salted fish croquettes were bought frozen from Lidl and air-fried.

The chilli mayo for dunking the croquettes were ready made in the fridge, from mixing mayo, oriental chilli oil with shrimp, toasted sesame seeds and oil.

Garlic chilli prawns were made with a dressing made of cooked oil rescued from previous aubergine frying, oriental chilli oil with shrimps, lazy garlic and some already chopped parsley in the fridge. Just mixed with defrosted jumbo king prawns and warmed in the combi microwave oven at 130degC for 20min.

Bacon-wrapped dates were made with ready to eat smoked streaky bacon I always have in the fridge, as it is my dog's favourite treat and he will do anything for bacon. The cat loves it too. Just reheat at the same time in the combi oven with the prawns to warm up.

The aubergine fingers were probably the most time consuming, as it involves soaking the cut aubergine fingers in milk first. The flour mixture was made from Gram/chickpea flour, corn starch garlic granules/powder, salt and pepper to taste. Once the aubergine fingers were drained, I shook them in a tub to coat with the flour mixture before frying. Drizzled with Spanish molasses.

The little peppers were just pan-fried in some olive oil until blistered, sprinkled with rock salt and some ground pepper to taste.

All in all, I am happy with this meal. Cost a fraction of what I would pay in a restaurant. However, I still prefer to eat out as it is more sociable even if I go on my own.

I love small plate eating format.

Tapas 15Nov2023.jpg

DK :))

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Made a classic beef stew for supper tonight, first time with the recipe and it turned out well!

20231115_182905.jpg

Roasted beets are one of my favorite foods of all time, and they add to any salad I make. The store bought pre cooked ones are okay, but taking the time to do it myself is always much tastier.

20231110_161204.jpg

Went out for hot pot for the first time ever, it was delicious! I like lotus root and was happy I could order a side to add in.

20231028_192222.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Made a classic beef stew for supper tonight, first time with the recipe and it turned out well!

20231115_182905.jpg

Roasted beets are one of my favorite foods of all time, and they add to any salad I make. The store bought pre cooked ones are okay, but taking the time to do it myself is always much tastier.

20231110_161204.jpg

Went out for hot pot for the first time ever, it was delicious! I like lotus root and was happy I could order a side to add in.

20231028_192222.jpg

Yes, fresh beets. Except for the red stained hands!!!!!!

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Yes, fresh beets. Except for the red stained hands!!!!!!

Yeah, definitely not my favorite part - I keep gloves in the kitchen specifically for beet prep, dicing after roasting, and then I try to only handle with tongs from there.

I grabbed some golden beets for the next batch I'm making tomorrow. :lol:

MamaBear

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah, definitely not my favorite part - I keep gloves in the kitchen specifically for beet prep, dicing after roasting, and then I try to only handle with tongs from there.

I love mixing red and golden beets cooked with a dressing of olive oil & balsamic vinegar and sprinkled with feta. So good!!

Yes, the red stained hands are worth it!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

I made Borscht then went to work the next day--I think my colleagues & patients though I didn't wash my hands! I need more gloves as I don't like handling meat.

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
I was on a business trip to Mexico City this past week, and enjoyed some really good Mexican food, but also went to the Hello Kitty Cafe (because my coworkers wanted to). Apparently I didn’t get my full because I came home and made chicken green chili enchiladas with corn and black bean salad (first pic). I LOVE Mexican food, so I make it a lot myself.
IMG_3329.jpeg IMG_3319.jpeg IMG_3318.jpeg IMG_3276.jpeg IMG_3275.jpeg IMG_3273.jpeg IMG_3256.jpeg IMG_3257.jpeg 71997608961__C6B08180-746C-49C9-A481-DE54CEA7C1DB.fullsizerender.jpeg IMG_3260.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Vibing to Caribou Lou, "I like 'em thick and juicy so don't Pilates nothin'"
song by Tech N9ne

Roasted squab with crispy skin

thumbnail_IMG_8171.jpg

Crispy soft shell crabs with garlic

thumbnail_IMG_7758.jpg

Khao soi

thumbnail_IMG_8228.jpg

The Tech N9ne quote makes me giggle. In the 1990s, it was Sir Mix-A-Lot who said “I like em real thick and juicy, so find that juicy double” (referring to a double cheeseburger, I believe), in his classic hit “Baby Got Back.” Lol

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I took my DD out for dinner on Thanksgiving; there are a few restaurants in town that do a prix fixe, staggered reservation-by-ticketing coursed meal. It was lovely, and it would have cost me far more in money and time/effort to buy groceries and cook for just the two of us. I can definitely see us making this a tradition. We chose the vegetarian options and I have to say, it was one of the most enjoyable holiday meals I’ve ever had. I grew up in a family of restarateurs, and my father’s side were heavy on the southern/soul food style of cooking. This wasn’t toooooo far off, definitely more colorful, though, and no lard. :)

IMG_2146.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_2159.jpeg
    IMG_2159.jpeg
    210.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2157.jpeg
    IMG_2157.jpeg
    180.3 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2162.jpeg
    IMG_2162.jpeg
    248.1 KB · Views: 6
  • IMG_2164.jpeg
    IMG_2164.jpeg
    213.2 KB · Views: 6

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Some dishes from Thanksgiving:

Corn brûlée
IMG_0840.jpeg

Turkey Wellington
IMG_0845.jpeg

Rice pudding
IMG_0846.jpeg

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Seductive silhouette , beautiful blushing pink, aromatic, creamy texture, my absolute favorite!

1847.jpg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
ok
now it feels like xmas
very important part of the season for where im from
i must go and look in the garden to see if we have any mint
1701812675108.png

i might just make my xmas cheese cake today (and freeze it)

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pork intestine congee and Cambodian beef stick, ribeye steak with loaded baked potato, deviled eggs with candied crispy bacon, shepherd’s pie, assorted dim sum, snails in black bean sauce, fried anchovies, pad thai, whole fried snapper (I think), the list goes on… these are a few of my favorite things… IMG_1199.jpeg IMG_1196.jpeg IMG_1040.jpeg IMG_1039.jpeg IMG_1041.jpeg IMG_9674.jpeg IMG_0734.jpeg IMG_9672.jpeg IMG_9675.jpeg IMG_9669.jpeg IMG_9554.jpeg IMG_9551.jpeg IMG_9553.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
@dk168 or anyone else kind enough to offer suggestions
so we are ment to be BBQing a piece of boneless pork for Christmass dinner but to eat cold with salad and new potatoes, also as leftovers on boxing day
i can just tell Gary wont feel like cranking up the webber xmas eve day
do you have ideas for what i could do in the slow cooker the day /night before ?
i do not want to use the oven in the heat of summer

im looking for that Chinese bbq flavour, gentle on the 5 spice but in saying that have been really enjoying Chinese 5 spice of late, using slightly more each time i use it

Gary hates fat and sometimes when i do pork in the slow cooker he says it tastes coated in fat
im planning on removing the skin before cooking so i can make crackling

thank you in advance =)2

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@dk168 or anyone else kind enough to offer suggestions
so we are ment to be BBQing a piece of boneless pork for Christmass dinner but to eat cold with salad and new potatoes, also as leftovers on boxing day
i can just tell Gary wont feel like cranking up the webber xmas eve day
do you have ideas for what i could do in the slow cooker the day /night before ?
i do not want to use the oven in the heat of summer

im looking for that Chinese bbq flavour, gentle on the 5 spice but in saying that have been really enjoying Chinese 5 spice of late, using slightly more each time i use it

Gary hates fat and sometimes when i do pork in the slow cooker he says it tastes coated in fat
im planning on removing the skin before cooking so i can make crackling

thank you in advance =)2

REMOVING THE SKIN???!!! Sacrilege in my book!!! :lol-2:

This is my own recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork (Allergens in Bold)

• 2kg of Pork (I like to use shoulder joints, however, loin is fine too, SKIN ON!!!)
• 2 teaspoons ready-made Garlic Paste or freshly chopped Garlic
• 2 teaspoons ready-made Ginger Paste or freshly chopped Ginger
• 1 tablespoon Light Soya Sauce (Soya)
• 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce (Wheat, Soya, Sesame)
• 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
• A dash of Vegetable Oil
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Barley, Fish)
• 1 tablespoon Sugar
• A large pinch of Chinese 5-Spice Powder
• A large glug of Vodka or Rice Wine
• Chilli Oil with Shrimp (Wheat, Shrimp, Soya, Sesame) or other hot sauce to taste (Optional)
• 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
• A dash Hickory Liquid Smoke (Soya) (Optional)
• 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
• Toasted Sesame Oil and Seeds (Sesame)
• Chopped Spring Onions
• Freshly chopped Parsley
• Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

There is Chinese 5-Spice powder in the recipe, however, not too much. The secret ingredient is the Liquid Smoke!

When it is cooked low and slow in the oven, 150 degC fan assisted for hours (about 6h+, turning at least once and to check if there is sufficient liquid in the pan), the meat and fat falls apart when being shredded.

I like to pot the leftover shredded meat and fat afterwards - very tasty on toasts, like rillette.

Neptune

Ideal_Rock
Alcachofa con Romesco

2943.jpg

Corte de Cerdo Iberico ---- LEGENDARY!!!

8530.jpg 8531.jpg

Tarta de queso - that hazelnut and walnut sauce!!!!

8537.jpg

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Alcachofa con Romesco

2943.jpg

Corte de Cerdo Iberico ---- LEGENDARY!!!

8530.jpg 8531.jpg

Tarta de queso - that hazelnut and walnut sauce!!!!

8537.jpg

Drooling here…

Eli22

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Right...that Iberico! You and I should dine out together, haha!

That would be awesome! I have a feeling we’d be great foodie buddies! ::)

jaysonsmom

Ideal_Rock
This has been a tough week at work, everyone bringing hard to resist treats. I normally don’t like sweets, but one of my coworkers brought this Lebanese Pistachio dessert that was too unique to resist! It was worth the calories….I present, Mafroukeh!

IMG_3645.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
REMOVING THE SKIN???!!! Sacrilege in my book!!! :lol-2:

This is my own recipe for BBQ Pulled Pork (Allergens in Bold)

• 2kg of Pork (I like to use shoulder joints, however, loin is fine too, SKIN ON!!!)
• 2 teaspoons ready-made Garlic Paste or freshly chopped Garlic
• 2 teaspoons ready-made Ginger Paste or freshly chopped Ginger
• 1 tablespoon Light Soya Sauce (Soya)
• 2 tablespoons Hoisin Sauce (Wheat, Soya, Sesame)
• 2 tablespoons Tomato Paste
• A dash of Vegetable Oil
• 1 tablespoon Worcestershire Sauce (Barley, Fish)
• 1 tablespoon Sugar
• A large pinch of Chinese 5-Spice Powder
• A large glug of Vodka or Rice Wine
• Chilli Oil with Shrimp (Wheat, Shrimp, Soya, Sesame) or other hot sauce to taste (Optional)
• 1 tablespoon Rice Vinegar
• A dash Hickory Liquid Smoke (Soya) (Optional)
• 2 teaspoons Dried Parsley
• Toasted Sesame Oil and Seeds (Sesame)
• Chopped Spring Onions
• Freshly chopped Parsley
• Salt and freshly ground Black Pepper

There is Chinese 5-Spice powder in the recipe, however, not too much. The secret ingredient is the Liquid Smoke!

When it is cooked low and slow in the oven, 150 degC fan assisted for hours (about 6h+, turning at least once and to check if there is sufficient liquid in the pan), the meat and fat falls apart when being shredded.

I like to pot the leftover shredded meat and fat afterwards - very tasty on toasts, like rillette.

yum yum yum
i have everything but the liquid smoke

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results