shape
carat
color
clarity

Show us what you like to do for fun

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
We know we all have the love of jewelry in common, but what else? I thought it might be interesting to share pictures of what we like to do for fun. I’ll go first. This is me having my kind of fun….

608E6C98-BE2C-4658-B9B2-0411ECA370AD.jpeg DFDD987C-0C12-4E04-82E5-8753D8186AD4.jpeg 7E893AEE-1376-402F-AC59-B1B038031CFE.jpeg

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do many things that bring me joy. I love to be outside and active. It's cathartic and brings me joy and peace.

Whether it be hiking, cycling, seal and deer watching, walking on the beach with waves crashing, etc. We cycled almost 10K miles last year. Being active outdoors in the fresh air.
Winter, spring, summer or fall.

Seals.
sealssandyhook.jpeg

Deer.
babydoes.png

Gorgeous scenery everywhere we go.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.18.14 AM.png

Nothing beats the sea and sand and smells and sounds.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.18.58 AM.png

Hiking in the woods wildlife all around us and no other humans around. Pure bliss.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.20.33 AM.png

Beach in winter. Spectacular.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.26.49 AM.png

And finally, my favorite activity outside...cycling by the sea and in all the iconic places I could have only dreamt about decades ago.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.23.08 AM.png

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
that looks like it would be a blast!!!! I am old and live a old person life style, I dont do much for fun, I tend to cook and bake, read and walk alot...like a old person lol

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
that looks like it would be a blast!!!! I am old and live a old person life style, I dont do much for fun, I tend to cook and bake, read and walk alot...like a old person lol

Haha! Sounds like some chill vibes. And that’s awesome!

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
I do many things that bring me joy. I love to be outside and active. It's cathartic and brings me joy and peace.

Whether it be hiking, cycling, seal and deer watching, walking on the beach with waves crashing, etc. We cycled almost 10K miles last year. Being active outdoors in the fresh air.
Winter, spring, summer or fall.

Seals.
sealssandyhook.jpeg

Deer.
babydoes.png

Gorgeous scenery everywhere we go.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.18.14 AM.png

Nothing beats the sea and sand and smells and sounds.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.18.58 AM.png

Hiking in the woods wildlife all around us and no other humans around. Pure bliss.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.20.33 AM.png

Beach in winter. Spectacular.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.26.49 AM.png

And finally, my favorite activity outside...cycling by the sea and in all the iconic places I could have only dreamt about decades ago.
Screen Shot 2022-04-09 at 6.23.08 AM.png

Love this! Down for adventure. That’s really cool.

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is me ...

NOT!

Seriously, I'm probably unusual in that I don't pursue fun.
I'm more of a serious workaholic.
I haven't had a proper vacation in 20 or 30 years.
Even playing piano and guitar, which is tremendously gratifying, I do not find to be "fun".
I'm always striving to accomplish things and get better.

While "fun" isn't really something I pursue I do many things for enjoyment, like go to a store or go for walks with my amazing parrot on my shoulder.
I get a thrill out of sharing him with others.
I rarely read a book but enjoy it greatly when I find one that holds my attention.

At a party I'm that guy sitting alone in his shell wondering why I bother going to parties.
Thank Glob I stopped forcing myself to be "sociable" decades ago.
And dance floors? FORGET IT!

I wonder whether what I'm describing is more typical of introverts.

Last edited:

RetroQT

Brilliant_Rock
This is me ...

NOT!

Seriously, I'm not the type of person who pursues fun.
Even playing piano and guitar, which is tremendously gratifying, is not "fun".

Hahaha! That guy has some serious… um, guts.

But I get it. I didn’t get into riding offroad until last fall and I’m in my 50s now. Before then, most of my downtime was spent being much more chill or working. It comes down to contentment. =)2

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'll call it enjoyment as well and say pre-COVID it was always travel. And the planning of travel. I would take 4 or 5 trips to Europe a year using every vacation minute for that. Once COVID came along, I started working remotely and being home, I started seeing all the birds, etc. in my yard, so I bought a camera for some amateur photography. I enjoy longer walks with my dog, and I enjoy cooking as it relaxes me. I tend to work too much now. I miss the travel and can't wait to get back to it while I can still walk all day!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I looked at this thread earlier and had to go away and think about it

I cant honestly think in the last 5 years what we have done for fun
Life has been a long hard grind

I dont Bruuuuuuuuuce (Springsteen)and
for fun - that's survival
So i guess i look at other people's (and my own) pretty jewlery plus what ever the Queen, Camilla, Kate or Sophie are wearing jewel wise - actually Queen Margrethe of Denmark wears the most fun jewlery
And i play with the Fluffa Duffa - Borris doesn't play much anymore - she is middle aged and a bit grumpy

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
This is me ...

NOT!

Seriously, I'm probably unusual in that I don't pursue fun.
Even playing piano and guitar, which is tremendously gratifying, I do not find to be "fun".

While "fun" isn't really something I pursue I do many things for enjoyment, like go to a store or go for walks with my amazing parrot on my shoulder.
I get a thrill out of sharing him with others.
I rarely read a book but enjoy it greatly when I find one that holds my attention.

At a party I'm that guy sitting alone in his shell wondering why I bother going to parties.
Thank Glob I stopped forcing myself to be "sociable" decades ago.
And dance floors? FORGET IT!

I wonder whether what I'm describing is more typical of introverts.

I think so Kenny
A party is the complete opposite of fun for me

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I looked at this thread earlier and had to go away and think about it

I cant honestly think in the last 5 years what we have done for fun
Life has been a long hard grind

I dont Bruuuuuuuuuce (Springsteen)and
for fun - that's survival
So i guess i look at other people's (and my own) pretty jewlery plus what ever the Queen, Camilla, Kate or Sophie are wearing jewel wise - actually Queen Margrethe of Denmark wears the most fun jewlery
And i play with the Fluffa Duffa - Borris doesn't play much anymore - she is middle aged and a bit grumpy
Same. I can’t remember the last thing I did that was “fun”. I haven’t even read a book in a year. We do get to spend a lot of time with our adult kids and new grandson which is amazing but I can’t say I have taken the time for fun. Kind of depressing but I am making an effort to change the situation.

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Camping, used to be a tenter and this was my last tent, a proper Dutch cotton canvas pyramid tent:

BirchwoodJun16_05s.jpg

This is my semi-retirement project, a custom-converted VW Crafter panel van to my own design and specification, as setting up on my own took too much time and effort to be enjoyable:

20210714_084409_a.jpg

DK :))

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results