shape
carat
color
clarity

Show off your EGL stone!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
I noticed some posts on Rocky Talky over the past couple of days regarding whether it''s safe to buy an EGL stone. I know that some of us on here are rockin'' some beautiful EGL diamonds, and I thought it would be fun to post some gorgeous ones to show people to "be not afraid!" I would say that if you''re going to look at EGL stones to save a little cash, DEFINITELY go in armed with an Idealscope, and try to run the numbers through HCA before looking at them in person to weed out the undesireables. Also, maybe go up a color grade than you would want from a GIA or AGS. My lowest acceptable was H SI2, so I went with an EGL G SI1. When I held it next to some GIA stones I was also looking at, I was satisfied that what I was getting was a G SI1. Mine was also listed as an H&A on the comments, which are definitely visible in the stone.

The moral of the story is, look at the stone with your eyes - you may just find an EGL beauty in the bunch!

Here''s a nice arrow shot of my EGL 2.01 ct G SI1 ex/ex H&A:

IMG_1770arrows.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Some blue fire outside:

IMG_1712blue.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Another arrow shot:

IMG_1321ring2.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
One more outside:

IMG_1746out.JPG

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Side shot:

IMG_1531chan5side.JPG

777_LDY

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have an EGL stone but let me just say that yours is a beauty!
30.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
One more outdoor shot:

IMG_1682out2.JPG

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl--your ring is gorgeous!

Here is mine.

EGL-US
1.85 K VS1

upcloudy3.jpg

dani13

Ideal_Rock
I LOVE your set, Vespergirl. Its just beautiful!!!!

Out of curiosity, are you missing your asscher at all?
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone, thanks for the compliments!

Coatimundi, your new ring is just stunning!!!

Dani, I am really not missing the asscher at all - it''s funny, because I thought that I would. Sometimes I regret turning in my very first asscher that my husband & I picked together, the 1.64 ct - I thought that was better cut than my later asschers that were over 2 cts. But that''s more for sentimental reasons - overall, I wish that I had just let my husband buy me the 2 ct RB that he wanted to get me as an e-ring originally before I talked him into an asscher. So, I wish that he had gotten me the ring that I have now as my original e-ring, for sentimental value.

I still love asschers, and I would love to have one in a RHR someday - I really love the Ritani Endless Love Halo with an asscher in it - that would make a great anniversary gift!
emwink.gif

SuzyQZ

Brilliant_Rock
Is this thread limited to RBs?
If not, here are my EGL-USA radiants.
1.03 J VG G VS2
1.51 H VG G VS2
1.01 J G G VS1

Hbtwn2Js.jpg

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
It''s not limited to RBs! I love your radiant 3 stone! In fact, here is a pic of my old asscher - it was EGL 2.25 ct F VS1:

IMG_0635ash.JPG

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous!! I used to have a 1.25 ct EGL USA emerald cut, but I no longer do. That was a gorgeous stone, and I do miss it
7.gif

dani13

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 12:37:33 PM
Author: vespergirl
Hi everyone, thanks for the compliments!

Coatimundi, your new ring is just stunning!!!

Dani, I am really not missing the asscher at all - it's funny, because I thought that I would. Sometimes I regret turning in my very first asscher that my husband & I picked together, the 1.64 ct - I thought that was better cut than my later asschers that were over 2 cts. But that's more for sentimental reasons - overall, I wish that I had just let my husband buy me the 2 ct RB that he wanted to get me as an e-ring originally before I talked him into an asscher. So, I wish that he had gotten me the ring that I have now as my original e-ring, for sentimental value.

I still love asschers, and I would love to have one in a RHR someday - I really love the Ritani Endless Love Halo with an asscher in it - that would make a great anniversary gift!
emwink.gif

I hear you, VG. I would like to someday upgrade my 1.75ct EC, but then I think I may be way too sentimental about giving that diamond up in the long fun....Even though MH and I picked the stone together, I still think it might bother me....But, maybe I would get over it quickly after I got my new, BIGGER stone...ha ha....we'll have to see!!!
2.gif

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one more pic in natural light against a white wall to show off the true G color:

IMG_1799color.JPG

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
2ringmg.JPG

I''m the worst at picture taking, but, here''s my 1.2 ct H SI2 EGL. It''s a touch warmer than GIA or AGS stones I''ve looked at, but, interestingly I think the clarity is closer to an AGS or GIA SI1. IMO the only problem with EGL is that they may be a little less consistent with their grading. You really need to know what you are looking for/at. That said, DH picked out this stone pre PS and without knowing anything about loose stones. He did a pretty good job.
9.gif

There are some lovely EGL stones out there. I''m looking forward to seeing them!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Miranda, that''s like a celebrity ring! Gorgeous!!!

Miranda

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2008 1:51:10 PM
Miranda, that''s like a celebrity ring! Gorgeous!!!
LOL! Thank you! I love it! If only I could get a clear picture of it.

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Vespergirl, who did your setting? I love the fullness of it. It compliments your stone perfectly!

Miranda--your ring is beautiful!

SuzyQ-gorgeous!

vespergirl

Ideal_Rock
Hi coatimundi! The setting is by Verragio. I originally picked it for my old asscher, but when I traded stones, I just put the new RB in there. I thought about switching to a different setting (I really like 6-prongs for RBs) but until I make up my mind for sure I''m just going to stick with this one. The other options I''m looking at are the Superbcert 6 prong, a Leon double-claw prong either plain or with pave, or eventually, a three-stone truffle. Since I really can''t make up my mind, I figure this is good for now!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 1/25/2008 2:09:28 PM
Hi coatimundi! The setting is by Verragio. I originally picked it for my old asscher, but when I traded stones, I just put the new RB in there. I thought about switching to a different setting (I really like 6-prongs for RBs) but until I make up my mind for sure I''m just going to stick with this one. The other options I''m looking at are the Superbcert 6 prong, a Leon double-claw prong either plain or with pave, or eventually, a three-stone truffle. Since I really can''t make up my mind, I figure this is good for now!
For what it''s worth, I love your stone in that setting!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
It''s fantastic that you have such a gorgeous ring to look at while you decide on alternative settings! I think being undecided can be great fun--gives you an excuse to look at all the settings out there.
1.gif

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
I don''t have an EGL stone, so I can''t play...
5.gif
BUT I just wanted to say GORGEOUS STONES! What a GREAT idea for a thread! Can''t wait to see more pretties!!!
30.gif

cdt1101

Brilliant_Rock
I''ll play!! Here''s my 1.84 Cushion Cut EGL USA stone. It''s a H/I color (certed H, appraised I) VS2 (however was appraised VS1).

IMG_myrg221[1].jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
mine is an EGL cert 3.67 I VS1

PSmyIMGmys.jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
w/ a little blue fire

IMG_1486psBLUEps.jpg

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
resting in bed

IMG_1181PS.JPG

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
10.gif

These are all such stunning stones and you are really tipping the scales in favor of the RB over princess! Great thread Vesper and your RB is stunning!!!!!!
Ringabling..you blinded me!!
30.gif
36.gif
36.gif

jayreneepea

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my 1.74 I SI2 EGL USA

v_with_band1_j.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results