shape
carat
color
clarity

show off your bridesmaid dresses/advice for beach bridesmaids

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
i am trying to figure out bridesmaid dresses...i''m having a beach wedding in july and i''m thinking of an ocean blue color...my bridesmaids are on both coasts, so i have to find them at a place that can be found in NJ and CA.

i''m open to suggestions, but i would love to see your bridesmaid dresses no matter what color your wedding is or what time of year. i''m curious to see what people have chosen.

if there is a recent thread just like this, please let me know...i tried to search but only found threads from years ago

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
My bridesmaids are all doing tea length in a dark holly green (which really would look odd in a beach wedding but i included the color none the less :) Our wedding will be November 14, 2009 by the way. Anyways, they are doing the tea length but they can pick what type of dress they get, as long as they are the same length. That might be easy for you to do :) They are getting them from david's bridal too which is a pretty national chain which would make it easy to make sure they all had the same color.

smurfyPhoto-286b.jpg

DMBFiredancer

Brilliant_Rock
smurfy, your pic is blurry here...is it just my computer?

it doesnt matter if your bridesmaid dress is beachy or not, i just like seeing everyones :)

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
DMB - I picked mine so long ago and now I''m kind of second guessing my choices even though I love the dresses so ... thanks for starting this thread so we can get some more ideas/inspiration!!

My wedding colors are Pistachio Green & Gold so both dress styles will be in their Peridot color
30.gif
- the exact shade of Pistachio that I love!!

Vineyard Collection # 1302

DMBsbms.jpg

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Vineyard Collection # 1301 (again in Peridot - not this dark color)

DMBbms1.jpg

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Lol, my picture is blurry. Here''s why it looks like that. I took a picture of the color in the magazine with my webcam because it was the only way I could get the true color to show up. So it''s all wrinkly because I carry it around in my purse in case we end up doing wedding things when I''m with my friends or whatever. That is why :)
It''s the color holly from the david''s bridal collection if you look on the website it is a really ugly green. It''s much prettier in person :)

Smurfysmiles

Ideal_Rock
Lol, my picture isn''t blurry. Here''s why it looks like that. I took a picture of the color in the magazine with my webcam because it was the only way I could get the true color to show up. So it''s all wrinkly because I carry it around in my purse in case we end up doing wedding things when I''m with my friends or whatever. That is why :)
It''s the color holly from the david''s bridal collection if you look on the website it is a really ugly green. It''s much prettier in person :)

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
PS - my wedding is in July and the colors my girls will wear is Red, like Red Rose red = to match my flowers. YAY!

my theme is red and white mostly

AllieLuv83

Brilliant_Rock
Here are my dresses, the color is Bright Aquamarine and they are the silk chiffon Juliet from J.Crew

julietaquamarine-medium.jpeg

wannaBMrsH

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 8:11:12 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
These are mine, my girls LOVE LOVE LOVE them. So flowy, summery and Fun! there are some great blue colors too - check it out

http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510528&j_style_no=STYL20080821001&j_line_no=LINE20080821002&j_line_season=F

what do you think?
ILPC, I love this dress! Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I was thinking of this dress by After Six, but I really like how flattering the Jasmine dress is! And I love that they have such a wide array of colors and sizes. My two sisters are BMs and one is 5''9" and wears a B cup and the other is 4''11" and wears a DD cup!

AfterSix 6276 TANG.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
This one is the front runner for our beachy wedding. It''s from BCBG''s resort line. The colour looks great on my MOH and the beaded detail on the empire waist gives it that added beachy look.

BCBGWedding.jpg

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
I also really like this one, but the length is a bit overpowering for my very petite MOH. It''s also from BCBG''s resort line.

BCBGweddinglong.gif

CDNinNYC

Ideal_Rock
Woops, don't know what happened there! Here's the long dress I referred to above. Love the palm tree print and the beaded detail on the empire waist!

BCBGweddinglong.jpg

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Here's the one we are liking... Jenny Yoo "Chloe"

bpicdress 2009.jpg

PilsnPinkysMom

Brilliant_Rock
I''m 99% sure this is the dress my girls will be wearing... The dress itself will be new garnet, and the sash will be palomino.

http://www.dessy.com/dresses/bridesmaid/2512/?color=new%20garnet&colorid=606

The back/sash perfectly mirrors the sash on my dress, so as a gift to my bridesmaids, I''m hoping to get similar-but-different brooches off of Etsy with which to pin the knot of the sash.

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/9/2009 9:49:22 AM
Author: wannaBMrsH

Date: 1/9/2009 8:11:12 AM
Author: iloveprincesscuts
These are mine, my girls LOVE LOVE LOVE them. So flowy, summery and Fun! there are some great blue colors too - check it out

http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510528&j_style_no=STYL20080821001&j_line_no=LINE20080821002&j_line_season=F

what do you think?
ILPC, I love this dress! Do you mind if I ask how much it cost? I was thinking of this dress by After Six, but I really like how flattering the Jasmine dress is! And I love that they have such a wide array of colors and sizes. My two sisters are BMs and one is 5''9'' and wears a B cup and the other is 4''11'' and wears a DD cup!
$154 - so not too bad. i LOVE them, they are very figure flattering AND actually my MOH is wearing this
http://www.jasminebridal.com/J_2_1_1_1.aspx?sqno=JPN2008092510541&j_style_no=STYL20080821001&j_line_no=LINE20080821002&j_line_season=F
so hers is slightly different than theirs........
my MOH is a big girl. all over. and this dress is great for her. gives her bust, small waist, and nice hips. she loves it!

galvana

Brilliant_Rock
the B2''s are so flattering for all body types. good luck!

lala2332

Brilliant_Rock
Allie-Love your j.crew dresses. I was going to suggest them. They always have such wonderful spring colors and I think b/c they aren''t solely bm dresses that its easier to order and get a good fit w/o having to ge the whole thing altered. Seems like every bm dress I''ve ordered has been 3 sizes too big when it arrives. But j.crew always works!

katamari

Ideal_Rock
If I was a BM in a beach wedding in July, I would just want the dresses to be knee length.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results