shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me Your Wacky Quirky pieces!!! Pics

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I have always been interested in unusual jewelry pieces and I have collected some things of the years.

Here is a Crocodile African inspired piece of art
26.gif

I loved it, I had to have it right away, it could fit a man''s wrist, very loose fitting

digital pics 420.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Arm Shot!, It can fit half way up my arm

Heavy little sucker!

digital pics 421.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Picture of a gift a girlfriend gave me for my 21st B-day

We have matching rings, I loved hers so much, she got me one! :)
I was alittle shocked, didn't think she thought of me that highly, it was a very sweet gift

digital pics 424.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
OKAY I''ll admit THAT didn''t seem too unusal, but oh wait! a surprise trap door hinge!!!
If you get tired of the turquoise you can have amber!!! I love variety!

digital pics 425.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
TA DAH!!!!
It''s a completely different ring, or is it???
41.gif

digital pics 426.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Awww my first gemstone ring Handcraft by a Native American this is a Oval Garnetset in sterling, way before PS
Not really unusally, but I''ll cherish it forever

digital pics 429.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Steven Douglas Designer Ring (before they split) of a Conch 14k with a pear swiss blue topaz

digital pics 412.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
Again Before Pricescope, the pear was chipped and had it replaced, now I think it''s such a horrible stone!!
20.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
oops

digital pics 414.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
14K bracelet dolphins with crushed opal backs and of course diamonds!!! They can see better that way...
28.gif
The jewelry altered the design with diamond eyes and a cut the bracelet shorter to make it more form fitting, well I lost weight, so it doesn''t fit snug anymore.

digital pics 409.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
crush opal dolphin''s back

digital pics 407.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
The two pieces together HAND SHOT!!

digital pics 415.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
MY PRIDE AND JOY!!!

Simply Breathe Taking Work of Art! I love this piece, this is what I bought when I got my first job!! lol
14k Steven Douglas Mermaid Slider with diamonds in her flowing hair!!!
41.gif

digital pics 416.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
more detail. Steven Douglas pieces are incredibly filled with detail!! My fav
41.gif

Unforunately they are not together anymore, but continue to make pieces separately, last I hear one went high end $3k plus pieces and the one stayed the same, doing his thing...

digital pics 419.jpg

widget

Ideal_Rock
What fun!

I love that ''reversable'' ring. Years ago I was considering buying a two-sided opal, wondering how it could be mounted in a ring...there''s the answer!
1.gif

Here''s my contribution. First, a little pinky ring that I think originally had been a stick pin. This is the first "antique" jewel I ever acquired.

Unhatpin.jpg

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
I was a jewelers worst nightmare I came in haggling with a print out of a internet price and the girl not only matched it, went lower! and got in trouble... oops
20.gif

MustangFan

Brilliant_Rock
cool widget, your very first!
Thanks for contributing!

widget

Ideal_Rock
Wow...that mermaid is wild! I love it!

Here''s a ring I got on EBay centuries ago...it''s quite tiny and looks like a gold nugget ring from any distance at all.

But with a loupe, you can see it''s a carving of a miner/gnome examining a rough diamond with a looking glass. (his nose and beard are among the ''prongs'' holding it:

98htuo63.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, I love all these unusual pieces!! They each have a beauty all of their own. MustangFan, that''s a great concept for a ring. I love the idea of it being convertable.

I really only have one piece that I would call unusual. My husband brought this home from one of his Japan trips. It''s a necklace of tourmaline beads which really are very pretty, but in the middle of the necklace are two very large pearls, one of which is dangling off of a chain that stretches across the necklace.

cmsnecklace1.jpg

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Widget, your little gnome ring is killing me-it''s awesome! What a find!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Fun thread! MustangFan, I LOVE your collection, especially the conch shell ring and the mermaid!

Mag00

Rough_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 4:11:49 PM
Author: MustangFan
oops

thats a great ring!!
havent seen anything like that before!
21.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
Mustang, you have a nautical theme going!

I love flowers and hearts.

I got a stunning bracelet in Cape Cod last summer that is yellow gold, each link is a pansy flower and is lovely, with tiny diamond centers. I love it.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/6/2007 5:24:07 PM
Author: Catmom
Wow, I love all these unusual pieces!! They each have a beauty all of their own. MustangFan, that''s a great concept for a ring. I love the idea of it being convertable.

I really only have one piece that I would call unusual. My husband brought this home from one of his Japan trips. It''s a necklace of tourmaline beads which really are very pretty, but in the middle of the necklace are two very large pearls, one of which is dangling off of a chain that stretches across the necklace.

Hi Catmon,

Beautiful necklace! I love the colors. At first I thought you had two pieces but then I reread your post.

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 4/16/2007 8:06:25 AM
Author: zoebartlett

Hi Catmon,

Beautiful necklace! I love the colors. At first I thought you had two pieces but then I reread your post.
Thank you, zoebartlett!! I really like the colors too but I think I might like the necklace better if it only had the one large pearl. That one swinging on the chain just seems kind of strange to me.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom, you should totally take that extra chain with the pearl off! (Or have a jeweler do it.) Then you could possibly make the single pearl into a pendant. I don''t mind the extra pearl personally, but if it bugs you, I say lose it!

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
What a fun thread. I don''t'' have anything to contribute but I loved looking at everything. What treasures you have MF and Widget !!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Linda

Linda W

Super_Ideal_Rock
Catmom,

Just saw your necklace. LOVE the colors. That is such a beautiful piece.

Linda

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks LindaW.!!

Thing2of2, I know I should do that but I''d feel bad because hubby bought it because it was so unique.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results