shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your rolling rings with solitaires

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have a WG rolling ring but don''t wear it with my e-ring ever...it''s far too wide (each band is 4mm, one has scattered diamonds, I have a thread on it somewhere with pics). I love the super thin rolling rings with diamonds underneath a solitaire, that is my fave look. I actually got my rolling ring in the width I chose for a RHR to balance out the width of the wedding set I wear on my left, if that makes sense.

Hera

Ideal_Rock
I think the rolling ring works first because they are thin, but also because there is a repetitive element that is echoed in both the engagement ring and the rolling ring. Specifically, the tiny diamonds on the engagement rings and the wedding rings. This helps to connect the two rings in a harmonious way.

Sorry for the art critique
1.gif

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/5/2007 9:13:25 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Angeline! Did I miss your post of your new diamond or have you been hiding it from us??? It''s amazing!
Ditto ! Your ACA stone is absolutely magnificent !!
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
and huge !! And I love the Cartier rolling rings. However, like Rising Sun, I think it is best to wear them alone because they are pretty outstanding by themselves and detract a bit from the beauty of your solitaire. Angeline Angeline you''ve been hiding a lot from us
2.gif

Can''t wait to see the final setting for your solitaire ! Any ideas already ?

angeline

Ideal_Rock
snlee and jessica - thank you for your kind words. I will start a thread soon. Jessica, I only started getting ''real'' jewelry last year when my 10th anniversary started looming near. Now I have the bug! much to dh''s despair. Re the setting for the solitaire, I change my mind so much! I love all sorts of styles from the NIessing and Kretchmer tension rings, the Bulgari ''marryme'' style solitaire, the TIffany Etoile soli, through to Leon and Jack Kelege style pave halos! I have such trouble deciding and change my mind pretty much every 6 hours.

I''m leaning to the JK at the moment but like I said, ask me tonight and I''ll probably have some new favourite. I also think of maybe trading this stone for a sliiightly smaller 2.0 E VS2 that WF have, cos I can see the warmth and sometimes it bothers me. So it''s probably good it''s just in a $200 setting at the moment!

Sorry again for threadjacking iwanna!

ayala_jessica

Shiny_Rock
Date: 9/6/2007 11:51:43 AM
Author: angeline
snlee and jessica - thank you for your kind words. I will start a thread soon. Jessica, I only started getting ''real'' jewelry last year when my 10th anniversary started looming near. Now I have the bug! much to dh''s despair. Re the setting for the solitaire, I change my mind so much! I love all sorts of styles from the NIessing and Kretchmer tension rings, the Bulgari ''marryme'' style solitaire, the TIffany Etoile soli, through to Leon and Jack Kelege style pave halos! I have such trouble deciding and change my mind pretty much every 6 hours.

I''m leaning to the JK at the moment but like I said, ask me tonight and I''ll probably have some new favourite. I also think of maybe trading this stone for a sliiightly smaller 2.0 E VS2 that WF have, cos I can see the warmth and sometimes it bothers me. So it''s probably good it''s just in a $200 setting at the moment!

Sorry again for threadjacking iwanna!
Congratulations (a little late
2.gif
) for your anniversary !! And many many more "scintillating and blinging" anniversaries to come !!
9.gif
I understand very well the bug !! I found myself in the exact same situation, I thought that I would be satisfied for a long time with my earrings and pendant but it is the opposite ! Now I always feel for more jewelry
11.gif

About the G colour I don''t see warmth in my pendant except in one specific lighting condition and only when viewing from the side...but it is true that with bigger stones, the colour becomes more noticeable. An E or F would be certainly gorgeous and icy white !
30.gif
As for the setting, I love Leon Mege and Michael B among others...So many beautiful designs that it is very hard to choose from ! The solution would be to get a diamond to be set in each design we like...
11.gif

Cathers

Shiny_Rock
I really LOVE rolling rings, and one of my friends who is with the Military had me one made in the Golan Heights when he was on tour there! It is the 3 gold bands, no diamonds! Beggars can't be chosers! Anyway, if I could wear it as a WB with my ER, I would, but my fingers are too short and chubby darn it! I love the look of the rolling ring with a solitaire ER, simply gorgeous!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results