shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your prong setting close-ups please!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Hello!

Further to Flygirl''s comment when I posted my ring pics, I have asked my jeweller to reset my diamond for me. :)

She suggested the girdle wasn''t level in the ring, which made me take a closer look at the setting. In fact, the stone is level, but one of my prongs is markedly different from the others - giving quite an asymmetry which I''m not prepared to live with. (Big thanks to you Flygirl for this btw - I may not have seen it!).

The jeweller offered to send it off immediately. However, I had a meeting today and didn''t want to feel naked without my precioussss - and I also wanted to put together some specific instructions as to the setting, as it is being re-done.

I notice many people have their 4-prong settings aligned to as to avoid the arrows in the stone. At present my prongs are aligned with the arrows, and cover 4 of the tips. My stone is not H&A branded, but does show the arrows in some lights, and under the loupe - so I am thinking about this.

I would love to see close up shots of your prongs - particularly from the side view, showing prong gripping the diamond.

4-prong would be great, but would welcome 6-prong shots too, just to widen my perspective a little.

Thank you sooo much - and any further advice on the setting would be gratefully received!

x

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
here''s a picture of my four prong from the side

prongsetting.jpg

Cleo

Brilliant_Rock
Thankyou Bee! I love the round shape of your prongs from the top - that''s really pretty.. and gorgeous ring!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results