shape
carat
color
clarity

#JOTW Show me your Luxury Watches!

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
You are so kind RRM, thank you!! Since I had them out I switched over to the 26mm for fun, it looks so dainty on my wrist!! Your trio is quite a collection! :love: :wavey:

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Sarah! We are certainly the Rolex mutual admiration society!! :appl: :appl:

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
MissGotRocks|1397869692|3655791 said:
Keep meaning to post my watch - finally remembered!

Ladies Rolex Datejust - 26 mm, 18 kt. gold and stainless, silver dial with diamond markers.

Wear it everyday and love it!

Very pretty MGR, I like the diamonds on the dial.
Do you wear yours in the shower too?
I never take mine off.
Now hubby is funny, he doesn't sleep with his but does wear it in the shower too.

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb|1402264640|3688999 said:
Finally took a picture of mine, missing though is my Cartier black face 18k Tank, an oldie from the 80's but a goodie...

The smaller Rolex was a birthday present, (we could be twins MGR!) a 26mm stainless/gold with diamond markers on a white faced dial.

The 2nd, was a just because, we were out one day & stopped in, he got the Rolex stainless black faced submariner & I the 31mm Datejust stainless with a MOP diamond dial & diamond bezel. That was quite a fun day, very uncharacteristic of us to do something like that.
I love the S/S Sub C.. :love:

SparkleD

Rough_Rock
I am coming out of lurkdom to showcase my hubby's watches. Since none of his watches have bling, I added my two newest additions in his pics, a 3.71 GIA I SI2 (from IDJ) and my lovely 5 stone push present(1.5 CTW).

I know that DF is a huge watch fan so I hope he approves of my hubby's collection. One of the Patek's is my hubby's "push present" for our first son and the FP Journe is his second "push present" for the upcoming birth of our second child due early September. These watches may not be blingy in any means but each watch has its own significant sentimental value.

Please ignore the awful pics. I made my hubby take them in a hurry so I could post tonight! :lol:

dscf4698.jpg

dscf4709.jpg

sarahb

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Dancing Fire|1402280220|3689094 said:
sarahb|1402264640|3688999 said:
Finally took a picture of mine, missing though is my Cartier black face 18k Tank, an oldie from the 80's but a goodie...

The smaller Rolex was a birthday present, (we could be twins MGR!) a 26mm stainless/gold with diamond markers on a white faced dial.

The 2nd, was a just because, we were out one day & stopped in, he got the Rolex stainless black faced submariner & I the 31mm Datejust stainless with a MOP diamond dial & diamond bezel. That was quite a fun day, very uncharacteristic of us to do something like that.
I love the S/S Sub C.. :love:

He says thank you DF!! :wavey: Coming from you that's quite a compliment!! :bigsmile:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't usually look at watches on Pricescope. I wear the cheapest watches I can find. (Mine broke at an inopportune time and I found that the local CVS no longer carries them. All the local Walgreen's had was colored plastic children's watches for $9.99 so I am wearing a pink one with raised plastic flowers in yellow, white, red, blue, and green.) When I find myself near a Walmart's I will buy a metal one to replace this one.

But I came here to see cflutist's 18k yg Rolex. I like 18k yg anything. Pretty much. Her watch is just like my best friend's, except that my best friend's has the diamonds as well.

Like you, cflutist, she never takes it off. She has had it since she was a very young woman, maybe even a teenager. I think it was a gift from her father. I just never considered buying a Rolex. I assumed I couldn't afford one and never priced them. But to some extent those of us who buy diamonds "choose" to afford certain things, I think.

I mean, I truly couldn't afford a Lear jet, but if I sold this or that, I probably could afford a Rolex. I just don't "think" Rolex.

Deb/AGBF
:saint:

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sarahb...love your Rolexes! :appl:

SparkleD..wow, you and your husband both have great taste in watches! :love: Or are they all his? Some in the second picture look like they could be men's or women's. We need a better view of your rings, though!

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkleD|1402280702|3689099 said:
I am coming out of lurkdom to showcase my hubby's watches. Since none of his watches have bling, I added my two newest additions in his pics, a 3.71 GIA I SI2 (from IDJ) and my lovely 5 stone push present(1.5 CTW).

I know that DF is a huge watch fan so I hope he approves of my hubby's collection. One of the Patek's is my hubby's "push present" for our first son and the FP Journe is his second "push present" for the upcoming birth of our second child due early September. These watches may not be blingy in any means but each watch has its own significant sentimental value.

Please ignore the awful pics. I made my hubby take them in a hurry so I could post tonight! :lol:
Wow!! ...I'll take every piece in his collection... :love: :appl: very few people have heard of FP Journe watches.

I don't get it...why does HE get a push present?... :confused: did he gave birth to his son?...:lol:

SparkleD

Rough_Rock
Thanks for kind comments!

diamondseeker - The collection is my husband's. I have a modest collection of three rolexes. I prefer to spend money on things that sparkle. I've been meaning to take pics of my new items but pregnancy and mommy-hood have made me very lazy! But you are right, I do need to start contributing instead of lurking and enjoying everyone's goodies behind the scenes! :razz:

DF - I guess a push present is the wrong term but it came to mind easily. It was late a night for us! We plan on gifting each son with their respective watch when they each have their first child. We hope they find the watches a meaningful gift and continue with the tradition. By the way, your watches are most people holy grails. My hubby said he will be looking out for you on Timezone. :D

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkleD...we call them push presents here, too! I know how busy it is with little ones, but we'll be happy to see you around here when you have time! :wavey:

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful watches in this thread! Here is mine, an Omega Constellation Mini. It was one of the Cindy Crawford My Choice watches. I got it about 10 years ago, and wear it every day. It is stainless steel with gold half bars, a diamond bezel, gold hour markers, and a mother of pearl face. It measures about 22 mm across.

watch_close_up_0.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A question for the watch folk here on PS, could you suggest to me a watch company that makes solid gold watches with leather straps? I know they can be found at very high prices but I'm looking to stay under 1k if possible. I'm perfectly happy with a pre owned watch in good condition. Ideally I would go for a classic simple round watch between 28-35 mm. I have a Movado Cerena now and I'm happy with that to give you an idea of my preferred simple aesthetic. I just want something that is all gold, no plating or filling. Thanks!

LLJsmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SparkleD|1402280702|3689099 said:

SparkleD, I would be fighting my hubby over these watches if I were you. I love his big dark Rolexes. I want one for myself!

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
No, CFlutist, I don't shower in mine but I do wash it every day with the rest of my jewelry! I love the waterproof aspect of my Rolex - it allows me to keep it as clean as my diamonds - lol!

Logan Sapphire

Ideal_Rock
SparkleD|1402349304|3689665 said:
Thanks for kind comments!

diamondseeker - The collection is my husband's. I have a modest collection of three rolexes. I prefer to spend money on things that sparkle. I've been meaning to take pics of my new items but pregnancy and mommy-hood have made me very lazy! But you are right, I do need to start contributing instead of lurking and enjoying everyone's goodies behind the scenes! :razz:

DF - I guess a push present is the wrong term but it came to mind easily. It was late a night for us! We plan on gifting each son with their respective watch when they each have their first child. We hope they find the watches a meaningful gift and continue with the tradition. By the way, your watches are most people holy grails. My hubby said he will be looking out for you on Timezone. :D

That's a nice tradition to start! I plan on giving my Tank to our daughter (it has her and her brother's names and birthdays engraved) and my husband will give his Tag to our son. He's not really a watch guy so a Tag is about as fancy as it gets for him. Not sure when though- after I kick the bucket or before?

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
My 55th birthday watch, Michele mini urban diamond dial and band, all yellow gold plated. Total ct weight 1.04.

_19120.jpg

soberguy

Brilliant_Rock
Maurice Lacroix Jour Nuit

_19184.jpg

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Whoa, busy thread!! Great watches, folks!!

cheers--Sharon

MarionC

Ideal_Rock
Premium
My Mom's Cartier diamond watch. This is the only photo I have of it. It disappeared from her house in South Florida the week she died.
I hope to get one like it someday, or maybe even find this one! Wouldn't THAT be amazing.
Looking at it always gave me severe diamond lust. :lol:

dsc00183.jpg

jerichosmom

Shiny_Rock
B day 2008. Ladies Omega speed master reduced with diamond bezel. Stainless steel band. It's a little large for my wrist but it was a surprise from DH so I love it. I do prefer small rectangular dials though.

20140616_0.jpg

proto

Shiny_Rock
20140621_165828.jpg

1981 oyster perpetual datejust in stainless steel.

This is my watch. There are many like it, but this one is mine.

My watch is my best friend. It is my life. I must wear it as I go through my life.

My watch, without me, is useless. Without my watch, I cannot tell time. I must wear my watch daily. I must tell time more accurately than my fellow man, who is trying to tell the time as well as me. I must know the correct time before he does. I will...

My watch and I know that what counts in telling time is not the colour of the watch, the diamonds it carries, or the noise it makes. We know that it is the time that counts. We will know the correct time.

My watch is human, even as I, because it is my life. Thus, I will learn it as a brother. I will learn its weaknesses, its strength, its parts, its accessories, its dials and faceplate. I will keep my watch clean and ready, even as I am clean and ready. We will become part of each other. We will...

Before God, I swear this creed. My watch and I are the defenders of the correct time. We are the masters of tardiness. We are the saviours of poor time management.

Watch given to me by my father. Its older than me and just got it back from rolex service centre although I had to exchange the original dials and face (ouch).

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne|1402871535|3693778 said:
My Mom's Cartier diamond watch. This is the only photo I have of it. It disappeared from her house in South Florida the week she died.
I hope to get one like it someday, or maybe even find this one! Wouldn't THAT be amazing.
Looking at it always gave me severe diamond lust. :lol:

dsc00183.jpg

That is heartbreaking, Jimmianne! What is wrong with people???!!! That is a gorgeous watch! :love:

Beautiful watches everyone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
YAY, now you can add me to the Cartier club! I've been lusting after this watch for 3 years. :love: :love:

dsc_1690.jpg

dsc_1692.jpg

dsc_1694.jpg

dsc_1697.jpg

Calliecake

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Jimmianne, I just popped in this thread and cannot get over your moms beautiful watch. I sincerely hope you find it and that it was just misplaced. I oohed and awed out loud when I saw it.

Cat Mom, I love your new watch. It looks wonderful on you!

I started at the back of this thread saw Jummianne and Cat Moms watches and had to comment. Went back again and had to update my post. WOW beautiful watches everyone!

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Calliecake!

Jimmianne, I'm so sorry about your Mom's watch!

Rubies-R-Me

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh.. Catmom!! That's a beauty!! :appl:

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Rubies-R-Me and diamondseeker2006! It's the 36mm automatic. I need a bigger watch because I am blind. :lol: I am so excited to finally own a Ballon Bleu. I have been wanting one forever.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Catmom|1408927399|3738729 said:
Thanks Rubies-R-Me and diamondseeker2006! It's the 36mm automatic. I need a bigger watch because I am blind. :lol: I am so excited to finally own a Ballon Bleu. I have been wanting one forever.

It is a beautiful watch! I got the Tank Francaise first because I think it is more casual for everyday, but I do have the 33mm BB on my wishlist!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results