shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your less than perfect gems

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Now how about this for a window ................................. yep, it's a set of patio doors (that are open) and just look at the inclusions!

So why didn't I get rid of this the minute I saw it? Why's it still in my collection? Well, let me see .......... could it be because it's a Paraiba Tourmaline and it's 18.34ct - Yep! That'd why!!! :naughty:

Paraiba Tourmaline 18.34ct Daylight_1_1.JPG

Paraiba Tourmaline 18.34ct on hand_1_1_1.jpg

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Davi - I'm loving your Garnet asscher - what a difference there is in colour! I suspect that's actually a colour change garnet. Some have a raspberry red indoors but then outdoors turn into a donkey brown colour. Yours sounds like it's a reverse colourway but I wonder if it's an actual colour changer??????

You've made me remember one of my diamonds! This is 1.54ct and I picked this up for next to nothing because the colour is nothing short of weird. It sometimes looks brown, sometimes yellow and sometimes slate grey! It's got incredible green fluorescence and that's the only thing that I can put this odd colour combination down to! These photos really do represent what I see in different lights and my jeweller even asked why on earth I was setting it as it was the ugliest diamond he had ever seen! :shock:

Diamond Asscher 1.54ct montage.jpg

Diamond Asscher fluor2.JPG

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1329771523|3130295 said:
Now how about this for a window ................................. yep, it's a set of patio doors (that are open) and just look at the inclusions!

So why didn't I get rid of this the minute I saw it? Why's it still in my collection? Well, let me see .......... could it be because it's a Paraiba Tourmaline and it's 18.34ct - Yep! That'd why!!! :naughty:

ACCk! Look at that color! and the size..... only in my dreams!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LD|1329771934|3130297 said:
Davi - I'm loving your Garnet asscher - what a difference there is in colour! I suspect that's actually a colour change garnet. Some have a raspberry red indoors but then outdoors turn into a donkey brown colour. Yours sounds like it's a reverse colourway but I wonder if it's an actual colour changer??????

You've made me remember one of my diamonds! This is 1.54ct and I picked this up for next to nothing because the colour is nothing short of weird. It sometimes looks brown, sometimes yellow and sometimes slate grey! It's got incredible green fluorescence and that's the only thing that I can put this odd colour combination down to! These photos really do represent what I see in different lights and my jeweller even asked why on earth I was setting it as it was the ugliest diamond he had ever seen! :shock:

How rude of him. It is certainly not an ugly diamond!! Perhaps he doesn't like the color, but it's well cut, and clean, and I think the color change and fluorescence is nice.

NOW THIS is an ugly diamond, but then again, some people might like this as well. :o

uglyuglydiamond.jpg

the-fox

Rough_Rock
Trade
The 1.54ct 'multiple color-diamond' is most fascinating; I want one as well..!! Where did you buy that?

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
LD|1329771523|3130295 said:

:shock: :shock: BETTER THAN COFFEE :shock: :shock:

It's rather earlier this morning... but no need for coffee with that beast! YUM

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
A fun photo I took last year of my "neony" but included stones. The spess are the left is sold. The elbaite on the right is the one that is now in the pendant (that I posted in this thread) and I'm hoping to find a similar setting for the Pear Spess which is very included but has great color and glow. The round stone was sold as an elbaite tourmaline also, but like the pear, I haven't had it tested, but it does glow like crazy in some lighting, but it's waaaay included. I've enclosed a couple of macro photos so you can see all the inclusions. The great thing about these glowy stones is that you barely notice the inclusions IRL.

Neon stones.jpg

cuprian12.jpg

spess pear2.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Wow they are so pretty together colorluvr! I like the glow! Makes me think of that jello people used to make with Sprite and it had all the bubbles in it.

waitforthat

Rough_Rock
TL|1329798906|3130612 said:
LD|1329771934|3130297 said:

How rude of him. It is certainly not an ugly diamond!! Perhaps he doesn't like the color, but it's well cut, and clean, and I think the color change and fluorescence is nice.

NOW THIS is an ugly diamond, but then again, some people might like this as well. :o

Funny you should say that, I like it! :) May I ask where you found it, I failed to find it through google image search!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wear this 1.5 carat diamond just about every single day. It mesmerizes me despite not being a white diamond and not VS (it's more SI). I think it's well cut, and it has a beautiful olive green color, with orange, red and blue fire. It also has the most amazing metallic luster in some lighting. I stare at it constantly, and I find it fascinating to look at.

file.png

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
the-fox|1329809786|3130664 said:
The 1.54ct 'multiple color-diamond' is most fascinating; I want one as well..!! Where did you buy that?

If you google "ugly diamond," and search images, you'll see it. ;-)

Pandora II

Ideal_Rock
Wow, those spess are NEON!

TL - I love the diamond you just posted - beautiful.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pandora|1329923739|3131652 said:
Wow, those spess are NEON!

TL - I love the diamond you just posted - beautiful.

Thanks Pandora!! It's different, that's for sure. I get comments on it all the time, and I think people are perplexed, as it has the sparkle and fire of a diamond, but it's not white. My mom has threatened to steal it from me.

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Wow!!...between the tourmaline cabs, the stunning diamonds of LD and TL and those amazing neons-not to mention the soda mahenge and just about everything else here...this should be renamed the "Highly Coveted" thread :naughty: :love: :lol: :appl:

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Very similarly to Freke I have a Mahenge from AJS that is like her "strawberry soda". This gem is 5 ct something and has absolutely no crown it is almost flat, which really annoys me but I don't think it's a candidate for a recut. The color is beautiful so I should just forget about the cut!!!!

spinelthu6.jpg

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Perfectly cut by Roger Dery, perfect material (spinel), perfect size 4.5 something cts but just a bit too extinct. I don't care I love it anyway! Did I say that I loved it? Cause I do.

spinelthu4 (1).jpg

spinelthu5.jpg

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Love your strawberry soda too! :bigsmile:

Your spinel looks as though it performs a little like my garnet...show it the slightest bit of light and it dances around saying "Look at me! Look at me! Look at meeeee!" then it goes back to sleep :lol: A lot of 'alf 'n 'alf going on for mine too, but I understand the love because every time I think I might replace it, it tugs at me and whispers "Noooo, you don't want to do that" - so I don't. Nonetheless I get a lot of comments on it when it's showing off and I'll bet your spinel is just the same.

Treenbean

Brilliant_Rock
Yeah. I haven't set it (blue spinel) yet, but I will. I think it is impressive even though it isn't perfect. I'm not getting rid of it. No never, never. :nono:

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
TL|1329879980|3131391 said:
I wear this 1.5 carat diamond just about every single day. It mesmerizes me despite not being a white diamond and not VS (it's more SI). I think it's well cut, and it has a beautiful olive green color, with orange, red and blue fire. It also has the most amazing metallic luster in some lighting. I stare at it constantly, and I find it fascinating to look at.

file.png

Love your green diamond TL :love: . Any chance of a wider shot to see the setting/more perspective?

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Treenbean - you just didn't realize what a trend setter you were with that blue spinel - like the Kate/Diana and Elizabeth Hurley sapphires, but with a little more sparkle (and obviously much better cutting :bigsmile: ), people will probably want to buy it right off your finger as you walk along...

As for the Mahenge, that looks to be quite a color. Please more photos? 5 cts?!!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
chel180|1330106996|3133441 said:
TL|1329879980|3131391 said:

file.png

Love your green diamond TL :love: . Any chance of a wider shot to see the setting/more perspective?

file.png

Same photo, but a little further away. I set it in rose gold, and those are single cut diamonds, very white, clean and sparkly, but the photo doesn't do the setting justice.

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Gorgeous ring TL! I am fascinated by your green diamond - I could stare at that for hours as well. Such a soothing colour...

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thanks everyone!

Someday I will have a diamond that resembles a sugar cube--all white inclusions and a lot of them!

My 3.39ct Mahenge soda was $550 a year and a half or so ago...

Most similar in color and size stone at the same vendor NOW....

less included mahenge.JPG

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Lovely TL...I can see why you would be constantly fascinated by it.

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
FrekeChild|1330118460|3133627 said:
Thanks everyone!

Someday I will have a diamond that resembles a sugar cube--all white inclusions and a lot of them!

Oh Freke this had me chuckling. They're incredibly easy to find though ........ just look on Ebay for something described as eye clean! Works every time! :lol:

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
LD|1330120138|3133649 said:
FrekeChild|1330118460|3133627 said:
Thanks everyone!

Oh Freke this had me chuckling. They're incredibly easy to find though ........ just look on Ebay for something described as eye clean! Works every time! :lol:
I know! I've looked. Almost pulled the trigger on one I loved, but I seem to always go for the colored stones instead! Plus I really need to set things....

Starzin

Brilliant_Rock
Freke and LD: I can sympathise. I've been looking at a lot of non-sparkly stones for a wire-wrapping course I'm doing and as much as I positively hated things like this when I first saw them, they've started to grow on me...and...and...I think I want one! :shock:

I didn't know where I saved that from but a quick Google shows Jill Janish does them! http://www.etsy.com/listing/79525639/rough-diamond-ring-set-made-to-order - to order :naughty:

rough-diamond-ring.jpg

JillJanish-rough-dia-trio.jpg

MakingTheGrade

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
This is Tesla, 2.77ct unheated naturally blue tanzanite from Precision Gem.
file.jpg

colorluvr

Brilliant_Rock
MakingTheGrade|1331658397|3147696 said:
file.jpg

What a great color and unheated too. :appl: :appl:

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
colorluvr|1331673648|3147943 said:
MakingTheGrade|1331658397|3147696 said:
file.jpg

What a great color and unheated too. :appl: :appl:

Yes, its beautiful. How noticeable is the feather or healed fracture IRL?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results