shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Holiday Decorations

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
bebe,

I love your holiday decorations!! Sooooo pretty!

And, I just e-mailed my husband your family room photo! I''d like him to make built-ins like yours! Are they on both sides? Is there a fireplace in the middle. Love that photo!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
My little 4ft tree. As of today it has presents under it, but I took these pics the other day. It's sitting on a table that is about 18 inches off the ground. The last two years we had a 6.5 ft tree, and I just couldn't handle it anymore. Last year it stayed up until March, when a friend came over and took it down for me.
40.gif

This year I went with silver and white. Last year it was teal, silver and white, and year before that was steely light blue, navy blue, silver and white.

ETA: The other day I went to Hobby Lobby and they have 50% off all of their Christmas stuff...I got a new tree skirt!

IMG_2706 sized.jpg

Catmom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely tree Freke!

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
I want a small tree like that Freke, where did you get it? I get tired of hubby and I lugging ours out; your decorations are lovely!!

Italiahaircolor

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:55:47 AM
Author: Skippy123
I want a small tree like that Freke, where did you get it? I get tired of hubby and I lugging ours out; your decorations are lovely!!
You can get them almost anywhere...

Hobby lobby, target, wal-mart, American sale...

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
I thought I''d share my tree from last year and my mom''s tree from last year as well.

First is mine. I took this a few days before Christmas. I never have gifts under the tree until Christmas Eve at about 3AM LOL. But we were going away for Christmas so I finished wrapping everything and stuck them all under the tree
3.gif

DSCN0706.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
And my momma's tree. She does themed trees each year. Some years its all red, others blue and silver, last year it was all fruit (as it is this year as well). I'm inside of that bag btw. LOL My mom had hidden all of our gifts (FI and I) in there so that morning I took some of the gifts out and hid myself inside. She almost fainted LOL

DSCN0742.jpg

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
LOL

I just noticed that you can tell that we went to my mom''s house for Christmas since the gifts that were under my tree are now under her tree. HAHA

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/11/2008 10:55:47 AM
Author: Skippy123
Thanks Skippy! I got mine at Walmart. It''s pre-lit and was only $20. My mom had my dad buy her one, and he got it at Michael''s, but the lights are already out on hers. I tried to go to Target to get one, but their Christmas stuff is SERIOUSLY lacking this year.

And thank you Catmom! It makes me happy....

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Yayy for Christmas decorations! Here are a few pics of ours...

This one is our mantle... complete with stockings, poinsettia, nativity, and nutcracker!

stockingsnew8924.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And our tree...

treebig8930204.jpg

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
And a few gifts that we wrapped last night

giftsdwf8923.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you ItalianHaircolor and Freke for the tree info.

Fiery and Oobiecoo great trees and decorations!!

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
oobiecoo~ I love the nutcracker!!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SomethingShiny! I was a dancer for years and performed in The Nutcracker like 40 times so my mom and I are nearly obsessed with nutcrackers!

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
What lovely decorations everyone has! Bebe, your garlands are beautiful. Do you mind sharing how you swag those garlands on your mantle? What do you use to hold that up so as not to damage the mantle? I want to make one like yours
21.gif

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 9:05:31 PM
Author: Beacon
What lovely decorations everyone has! Bebe, your garlands are beautiful. Do you mind sharing how you swag those garlands on your mantle? What do you use to hold that up so as not to damage the mantle? I want to make one like yours
21.gif
Beacon, my mantle garland is actually 2, 9ft. garlands woven together. The garlands are thick to start with but I wanted lush and thick.
There are 6 3M Command Hooks holding it up, 2 on each end and 2 in the middle, on the "shelf" of the mantle. I take 2 "branches" and make a loop for the hooks. The hooks
are side by side. You need 2 of the hooks (large size) to hold up the weight of the garland. Be certain your loops are secure and will hold the garland in place. And it takes 2 people to put it up.

LRmantleResize.jpg

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
We don''t have a fireplace, so I set up this shelf in our entryway with our stockings this year. Can you tell which one belongs to my cat???
2.gif

DSC06056.JPG

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Chandler ("Mad Cow") hanging out under our tree

DSC06066.JPG

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Our tree this year

DSC06057.JPG

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
My front door wreath

DSC06073.JPG

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/19/2008 2:10:44 PM
Author: equestrienne
Chandler (''Mad Cow'') hanging out under our tree
HI:

That "mad cow" picutre is brilliant! Halir!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon

Beacon

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/15/2008 9:38:47 PM
Author: bebe

Date: 12/15/2008 9:05:31 PM
Author: Beacon
21.gif
Beacon, my mantle garland is actually 2, 9ft. garlands woven together. The garlands are thick to start with but I wanted lush and thick.
There are 6 3M Command Hooks holding it up, 2 on each end and 2 in the middle, on the ''shelf'' of the mantle. I take 2 ''branches'' and make a loop for the hooks. The hooks
are side by side. You need 2 of the hooks (large size) to hold up the weight of the garland. Be certain your loops are secure and will hold the garland in place. And it takes 2 people to put it up.
Thanks Bebe -- yours is beautiful!!

Mannequin

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/19/2008 2:17:31 PM
Author: canuk-gal
Date: 12/19/2008 2:10:44 PM

Author: equestrienne

Chandler (''Mad Cow'') hanging out under our tree
HI:

That ''mad cow'' picutre is brilliant! Halir!
9.gif

cheers--Sharon
Thanks, Sharon!
9.gif
I actually took the picture holding the camera IN the tree looking down on him. He sleeps under there and wads up the skirt!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
I took too many photos this year - so I put ''em together as a canvas. :) Top L- R - our house (first time we''ve ever put up real Xmas lights!), wreath on front door, our real tree with all of our childhood ornaments, center is a photo of what it looks like on our porch (it''s sooo winter wonderland when the lights are on at night!) and my kitty Morty underneath the guestroom/study tree, bottom L-R, our mantel with lights only, then our mantel with the stockings my MIL made for us (they''re way awesome - I think mine, the one with the penguins, is her best work), our advent wreath, and then our guestroom tree again - it''s in all lavender and light green, my favorite colors.

539.jpeg

somethingshiny

Ideal_Rock
Elmorton~ LOVELY!! And, I HEART hand made stockings!!

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
And here''s my second canvas (I did say I had a lot of pics!). Top left is one of the pillars in our living room that we wrapped in garland and fake poinsettas (I sooo wish we could have real ones!), to the right is my nativity scene (does any one else collect these? My mom''s nativity puts mine to shame...my dad calls it "Jesus'' rock concert"), center left is Elmo, the famous Christmas tree eater/puker/tree downer, the right center is our dining room, bottom left is our advent calender (we get REALLY into the tiny gifts), bottom center is the star on our tree, and bottom right is the first Xmas present we received this year - my in-laws sent us a little hutch so my china could finally get off a bookshelf! I was sooo happy to see it on our front step! As you can probably tell, things have been re-configured more than once as we added decorations.

Done now! I promise - no more pictures :)

539-1.jpeg

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks SS!!! I was actually a slow convert to the handmade stocking...I had mine that my parents gave me at probably age 5 and I didn''t want to stop hanging it. But since DH had his (from when he was born - it''s so simple compared to the new ones!), and my MIL had made ones for our cats, she asked "Are you sure you don''t want me to make you one?!" so I caved. :) It IS pretty cool to have handmade stockings. They''re from a kit, but they''re still really, really cool - my MIL makes them for everyone she knows.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
El, I love your Nativity set, so beautiful!
30.gif

Elmorton

Ideal_Rock
Thanks, Skippy and SDL!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results