clarity

Show me your finger warmers !

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 7:43:46 PM
Author: vc10um

Date: 3/26/2010 7:03:31 PM
Author: HopeDream
Unluckytwin please post your ring - it doesn''t matter what its made of !
DITTO!

HopeDream...I love your thesis ring!
Aw, y''all are sweet! I''m posting it but when you see it I think you will see what I mean when I say it''s not PS-worthy.
2.gif

I was in a three-year relationship and had a ring, but when we broke up I stopped wearing it and my finger felt naked. I started wearing this one instead and when I healed a bit more, I moved it over to my right hand. That''s where I wear it now, but for the sake of the photo it is on my left hand so I could take the picture with my more-steady right hand.

This ring was custom made in the shape of a symbol that represents a band. The band''s music has been a key part of my life since 1997, plus my mother loves them too so it is something she and I can bond over even though we don''t have much in common. Here is a link to what the band''s symbol actually looks like (if I could attach two files to the post--maybe there''s a way and I don''t know how--I would attach this too): http://www.freewebs.com/melancholydreamers/Hanson%20Symbol.bmp

hanson ring.JPG

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 11:54:47 AM
Author: HopeDream
Hi ladies, He''s my finger warmer: a used .51 I Si 18k bezeled eternity ring.

I bought it when I finished my undergrad honours thesis.

I wear it on my left middle finger. bling!

Another thesis ring- woo hoo
9.gif

I''d love one just like that as a stacker. It''s gorgeous, HopeDream!

Echidna

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 3/26/2010 1:09:57 PM
Author: elrohwen
Date: 11/2/2009 7:45:53 AM

Author: Echidna

Last one! This is my extrinsic motivation to finish my PhD. It's been sitting in a draw for 18 months
6.gif
Cruel and unusual, I know.

It's a bit hard to see from the photo (I need to improve my technique!) but it's an oval sapphire with eight traps to make the cross shape, with triangular sapphires in the corners. I'm looking forward to wearing it soon!

Hands down coolest sapphire ring I've ever seen! I lurve it and I've never seen anything like it.

Thanks for the lovely compliment, Elrohwen
1.gif
It's a reproduction setting, so there are matching earrings too. They call to me at night sometimes and one day they shall be MINE
27.gif

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
I have been trying to take pictures of my finger warmers (and other jewelry too!). But, it''s been cloudy and gross here for a while. There are supposed to be clear skies and lots of sun today. So, hopefully I will get some good pics to post soon!

Callisto

Brilliant_Rock
Ugh you guys are making me jealous. I was bidding on a beautiful new finger warmer on ebay last week but got outbid...
39.gif
I''m still on the lookout for another similar ring to come up again but I''m looking for a well cut antique European cut round which are not exactly easy to come by.

MayFlowers

Brilliant_Rock
Okay. The sun is out. It is a beautiful day. And I got some pretty good pictures. This is a three stone 1/4 tcw ring in yellow gold. It was the first piece of jewelry that BF ever bought me. We both call it my placeholder ring as no "promise" was made when he gave it to me, but we both knew what the ring meant to us. Also, it was bought on a budget from a department store
38.gif
. So, the diamonds are definitely poor quality. As long as I keep it clean, the diamonds really sparkle and throw off a little fire in the sun or spotlighting. But, they don't always look so great inside. That being said, I love the way this ring looks outside in the sun. So, if poorly cut diamonds look good to me, I can't imagine what a greatly cut diamond looks like! Here ya go!

RSring411.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Okay, so it''s not a finger-warmer yet, but it arrived today, and I totally had to take a photo (also, I love when people take flower shots). This is going to eventually become a super fun RHR once I figure out what sort of setting I''d like.

Here''s my 5.21 ct checkerboard-cushion amethyst, hanging out on a flower:

amethyst on daisy.JPG

vc10um

Ideal_Rock
MK, I''m DROOLING over here! Such a lovely Ammy! I need to go get mine set so I have a new RHR finger warmer!!!

purselover

Ideal_Rock
Stunning amethyst miss kitty, can''t wait to see what you do with it!

AnneTossy

Rough_Rock
HOLY MOLY that amethyst is GORGEOUS! You''re a lucky lady MissKitty!

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/30/2010 7:31:56 PM
Author: misskitty
Okay, so it''s not a finger-warmer yet, but it arrived today, and I totally had to take a photo (also, I love when people take flower shots). This is going to eventually become a super fun RHR once I figure out what sort of setting I''d like.

Here''s my 5.21 ct checkerboard-cushion amethyst, hanging out on a flower:

That is going to be one eye catching ring. Great stone.

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks, ladies! I have a little folder on my computer filled with pics of RHRs that I like...will totally post once I have it set!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/2/2010 1:46:54 PM
Author: purselover
Stunning amethyst miss kitty, can''t wait to see what you do with it!

Ditto!

UnlucyTwin, you are definitely lucky! I gasped when I saw your Hanson ring. I''ve been wanting one for the longest time.

UnluckyTwin

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/3/2010 6:11:09 PM
Author: whatamiwithoutapurpose
UnlucyTwin, you are definitely lucky! I gasped when I saw your Hanson ring. I''ve been wanting one for the longest time.
I adore running into other fans unexpectantly!
30.gif
(And of course, tip of the hat to your screen name.) (My screen name is actually a mix of Admiral Twin and Unlucky Ones, if that rings any bells for you.) Yes, I love having this ring. I''ve run into people on the last tour who also had Hanson rings but theirs look very different. Apparently it''s not uncommon to have a jeweler make one, as I think I met three people total in just the few (er...five?) shows I went to on that tour.

karpouzi

Shiny_Rock
MayFlowers, I love your ring! Department store or not, it''s just delicate and beautiful and it looks great on your hand.

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
This was my bf''s Christmas gift to me. I wear it on my right hand, though, since it looks so much like a wedding band. We aren''t going for the married look just yet!
1.gif

It''s .75 cts, G-H in color and VS-SI in clarity. It''s super white, sparkly, and fiery, but that''s really difficult to capture with my camera.

SAM_0194.JPG

DuckLovingVegan

Shiny_Rock
Well I have a necklace and b/f gave it to me on our first anniversary. It''s a journey necklace from Kay and he was talking about the journey were on. It''s not exactly like this I can''t take a pic right now b/c can''t find the usb cord but it''s close enough.

neck warmer.jpg

OUpearlgirl

Ideal_Rock
Mine came in the mail TODAY!
1.gif
This is a birthday/anniversary present from Lane.

woohoofingerwarmer.jpg

misskitty

Brilliant_Rock
OUpeargirl, that''s so pretty! Happy birthday
1.gif

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
beautiful ring jenmarie! quite the finger warmer - it has more carats than my wedding band!

PumpkinPie

Ideal_Rock
lovely ring, OUpeargirl :)

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
These also have nothing to do with my boyfriend, but I love them anyway!

Amethyst is my birthstone and has always been special to me. When I was 12, my grandmother gave me a tiny carved amethyst bear with itty bitty ruby eyes. It had been purchased by my great-grandfather while he was traveling in Brazil. It is incredible. I'll have to try to get a picture. When I was 16, I lived in Brazil for a year as an exchange student. When I was 19, I went back for another year, this time on university exchange. At this point, my grandmother shoved some money in my hand and told me that I had better get myself a nice amethyst while I was down there. Yes, ma'am! So I got this necklace at H. Stern in Rio. It's a gorgeous color. The cut is clearly not perfect, and I probably paid more for it than I should have, but what did I know? I love it, anyway. It's special.

A few years ago, my grandmother died. My father used a part of his inheritance to buy me an amethyst ring from her estate, so I'd always have something to remember her by (as if I would forget). I love it. But it is huge for me, so I don't wear it. Ideally [read: maybe someday when I have money], I'd like to have the stone from the necklace put in a ring setting for a RHR, and the stone from the ring put into a pendant setting. But I have no idea what kind of settings I'd like. Any ideas?

necklaceblacksand.jpg

blacksand

Brilliant_Rock
Here''s the ring:

BingBingbling.jpg

jenmarie

Shiny_Rock
Thanks Maevie! I forgot to mention it''s a half eternity set in palladium. It was a pain to resize, and go figure, the day we measured for it, my finger was super bloated. It spins frequently, but I''m so in love with it, I don''t mind.

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Hi again Ladies,

A while back ArtistJess, and some other folks were discussing vintage wedding bands, and I decided I would keep a look out for one in my size.
I found this lovely vintage lohengrin 14k engraved wedding band on Ebay, and the engraving still looked in pretty good condition, so I snapped it up. It's about 1.5mm wide and 2mm tall. It came in the cutest little vintage box too.

I think of it as my "gardening ring" for when I'm doing things that my other rings wouldn't be up for, or for days when I feel like wearing yellow gold or something simple.

5.gif

454lohengrin2.jpg

HopeDream

Ideal_Rock
Here''s a shot showing off the engraving.

454lohengrin3.jpg

luckynumber

Brilliant_Rock
great idea hopedream!

multiple bands, for different occassions, are the way to go!

lightningbug

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/7/2010 7:06:50 PM
Author: OUpeargirl
Mine came in the mail TODAY!
1.gif
This is a birthday/anniversary present from Lane.

Gorgeous!
30.gif

Parsley

Shiny_Rock
Hi Ladies!
Here''s my lovely finger warmer. I have no idea what it is at all, I just know I love it! My great aunt left it to me after she died last year. I never wear gold, but I love this so much that I wear it! I love how the band is so thin at the front!

I''ve never posted a pic before so here goes!

ReneRing.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results