shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Favorite Picture of Your Ring!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I shared any favorite photos in this thread. It's hard to choose just one because Bea has many different personalities but here is one of my favorite photos to date. Taken this month while on vacation at our beach house.

In her beach jewelry box and I am wearing my red nightgown with the sun streaming in one early morning.8-)
(She is a VS1 and I promise those are not inclusions but dust/dirt. It had been a while since I cleaned her and the photo shoot that morning was impromptu and also there are coffee stains in the jewelry box from a little spill that AM lol:oops:but Bea enjoys coffee just like her mommy:lol:).
beainjewelryboxjune2017.jpg

Same photo not cropped.
beaatbeachjunevacation2017.jpg

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't think I shared any favorite photos in this thread. It's hard to choose just one because Bea has many different personalities but here is one of my favorite photos to date. Taken this month while on vacation at our beach house.

In her beach jewelry box and I am wearing my red nightgown with the sun streaming in one early morning.8-)
(She is a VS1 and I promise those are not inclusions but dust/dirt. It had been a while since I cleaned her and the photo shoot that morning was impromptu and also there are coffee stains in the jewelry box from a little spill that AM lol:oops:but Bea enjoys coffee just like her mommy:lol:).
beainjewelryboxjune2017.jpg

Same photo not cropped.
beaatbeachjunevacation2017.jpg
Bea is BEAutiful! Any other details you can share about her?
...CRM

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Bea is BEAutiful! Any other details you can share about her?
...CRM

Thank you CRM! Bea is a 4.56 carat GIA LVS1. She has the prettiest pastel colors coming from her and is a chameleon and changes with the environment.

My dh and I found her at Adam@oldworlddiamonds and named her after my grandmother who had died in 1992 and had an old cut diamond as her ER. That is the ring that started my obsession with old cuts. Sadly I cannot find any photos now of my grandma's ER. The diamond was not good quality but I loved it nonetheless and her setting was gorgeous. A platinum bezel. I recently tried finding the photos I had for LLJsmom but was unsuccessful. The ring is with my mother's SIL now.

My dh and Adam had the platinum setting inscribed with "My Bea".

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you CRM! Bea is a 4.56 carat GIA LVS1. She has the prettiest pastel colors coming from her and is a chameleon and changes with the environment.

My dh and I found her at Adam@oldworlddiamonds and named her after my grandmother who had died in 1992 and had an old cut diamond as her ER. That is the ring that started my obsession with old cuts. Sadly I cannot find any photos now of my grandma's ER. The diamond was not good quality but I loved it nonetheless and her setting was gorgeous. A platinum bezel. I recently tried finding the photos I had for LLJsmom but was unsuccessful. The ring is with my mother's SIL now.

My dh and Adam had the platinum setting inscribed with "My Bea".
That is beautiful...I literally got chills!!! I have heirloom pieces handed down from the women in my family. I wore my grandmother's set on my wedding day (on my pinkie-her hands were VERY tiny) for good luck. Your GM's ER sounds lovely; it's a shame you can't find those photos (even if you are the only one meant to see them).
Is Bea your original ER, or an upgrade? I must be honest: I'm not a fan of RB's, but Bea falls in with a small, rare few that have caught my attention. I am a step-cut queen, so Bea is pretty special to catch my eye...lol! :lol:

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That is beautiful...I literally got chills!!! I have heirloom pieces handed down from the women in my family. I wore my grandmother's set on my wedding day (on my pinkie-her hands were VERY tiny) for good luck. Your GM's ER sounds lovely; it's a shame you can't find those photos (even if you are the only one meant to see them).
Is Bea your original ER, or an upgrade? I must be honest: I'm not a fan of RB's, but Bea falls in with a small, rare few that have caught my attention. I am a step-cut queen, so Bea is pretty special to catch my eye...lol! :lol:

Thank you! How wonderful that you got to wear your grandmother's wedding set on your wedding day. That is so special!
I love step cuts too.:appl: They are so elegant and sophisticated. While I find OECs and other old cuts super romantic. But yes I am a fan of step cuts too. Timeless elegance IMO.

Bea is not my original ER and in fact is at least my third ER. I have lost count.:oops::lol:

But luckily while I got bored and tired of the MRBs I owned I never got bored or tired with my dh and that is what counts right?:halo: Original DH but definitely not original ER.8-) Greg proposed with a 2.93 GIA GVS2 MRB.

I will never go back to an MRB. I love OECs and other old cuts way too much. The comparison for me is just that there is no comparison. While I appreciate the splintery brightness of the MRB I just swoon over the chunky facets and soft colors of the OEC.:love:

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you! How wonderful that you got to wear your grandmother's wedding set on your wedding day. That is so special!
I love step cuts too.:appl: They are so elegant and sophisticated. While I find OECs and other old cuts super romantic. But yes I am a fan of step cuts too. Timeless elegance IMO.

Bea is not my original ER and in fact is at least my third ER. I have lost count.:oops::lol:

But luckily while I got bored and tired of the MRBs I owned I never got bored or tired with my dh and that is what counts right?:halo: Original DH but definitely not original ER.8-) Greg proposed with a 2.93 GIA GVS2 MRB.

I will never go back to an MRB. I love OECs and other old cuts way too much. The comparison for me is just that there is no comparison. While I appreciate the splintery brightness of the MRB I just swoon over the chunky facets and soft colors of the OEC.:love:
Agreed! I believe I was born too late!!! I love older, chunky Cuts, too!!! So happy to meet a lady by my own heart!!!
Indeed, the fact that you never grow tired of your DH is what matters most...lol!! Congratulations on your spectacular upgrade...she's a keeper (and so is he)!!
:lol:

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have...um...7 photos.... :whistle: But they're all of different pieces I own - so I couldn't snip it down to just one!
1) 2ct blue sapphire, 2.08 E VS2 ctw - platinum - set by SK
2) 5 stone ruby and diamond ring - setting 14kt rose gold from 1910. Diamonds .4ct J VVS, rubies...around .5 - .6ct each
3) Flower earrings. Stones all G's except for one H. Center stones 1.36ctw, surrounding stones 1.76ctw. Total, 3.12ctw - setting by DKJ
4) My solitaire - 3.61ct I VS2 - setting by DKJ
IMG_2253.JPG IMG_2355 copy.JPG IMG_2724.JPG IMG_2427.JPG

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
1) My K VS1/VS2 studs - 1.95ctw. Stones - True Hearts by JA and the other is cut by BGD. Setting by BGD in 18kt yellow gold. Best studs I've ever owned - 10mm across in total, go with everything.
2) 1.24ctw cushion stones from BN - E VS1 and E SI2. Set in platinum by DKJ - pictured alongside 13pt E VS baby!
3) My briefly-owned 5.3ct OEC, U-V color with a tiny hint of lime. The facet picture on this was...oh man...!!!
IMG_2550.JPG IMG_2705.JPG IMG_2256 copy.JPG

Last edited:

shampoolady

Rough_Rock
My messy collection of baubles:

IMG_7941.JPG

My color shifting sapphire:

IMG_7932.JPG

My soon to be replaced set:

2372131488_c1cab7637e_o.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results