shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Fall Decor (and help me with mine)

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love seeing outdoor displays of fall decor and would love to see PSr’s. Didn’t see a thread about it yet this year so figured I’d start one.

I’m struggling this year! I have a front entry that is asymmetrical, so I’m trying to figure out how to compose everything.

IMG_1712.jpeg

Attachments

• IMG_1714.jpeg
    IMG_1714.jpeg
    345.4 KB · Views: 16

Piper70

Shiny_Rock
I agree with more pumpkins or gourds. Not a lot just a few different varieties.

Avondale

Brilliant_Rock
I live in a one bedroom apartment and don’t do fall decor. Here to ogle your pretty photos. Autumn is my favourite aesthetic.

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty!

Third pumpkin on the right -- smaller and in front of and just to the right of the other one.

I was going to suggest the same thing. I might also switch the two you already have so what looks like the largest one, on the left, was moved to the right, since the flowers are shorter.

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Do dead grasshoppers and other assorted bugs count? That’s what’s on my front porch :mrgreen:

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
I love seeing outdoor displays of fall decor and would love to see PSr’s. Didn’t see a thread about it yet this year so figured I’d start one.

I’m struggling this year! I have a front entry that is asymmetrical, so I’m trying to figure out how to compose everything.

IMG_1712.jpeg

I would probably only put items on the right side of the door and leave the left side clear but it’s pretty either way.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Gorgeous! I think you need an oddity here--"weird pumpkin" of different shape/color. I love the specialty pumpkins--they add variety and to a display. (like @m-cubed posted ) . Also purple goes very well with what you have--a purple mum instead of two orange? (or a mini purple mum and an oddity mini colored pumpkin to tuck about)

cheers--Sharon

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

IMG_1712.jpeg
I would lean into the asymmetry by putting something taller on the left to balance visually, like a cornstalk bunch. Put the cornstalk on the wall on the outside of the left corner. Then pull the whole left side out to the corner, putting that fern on the other side of that corner and move the mums/pumpkin to the space between. Then on the right side push everything a little more toward the window, set those mums lower in that planter and add another gourd on the right.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I just knew PSrs would have excellent suggestions! Back to my local plant place I go for a couple more goodies. Also found the wreath I bought that goes with the doormat—thought I’d lost my mind for a few days when I couldn’t locate it in the garage.

Stay tuned for updates to what surely matters about 0% in life but makes me ridiculously happy.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
how do you all find the energy ?
its my day off today and im so tired

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a few additions, but I’m in between trips and will have to postpone updates. Anybody else have pics to share? I was in Winter Park FL over the weekend and saw the most modernized apartment with a very minimalist, symmetrical display of one orange, one white, one black pumpkin on either side of the doorway. It looked perfect against the architecture and black/white colors of the hardware and paint. Andddd of course I didn’t get a pic. Womp, womp.

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Here is my autumn decorations plus cat and a stab I had a a pumpkin loaf!

25671C43-0596-4531-BDDE-E8560390AA94.jpeg 20F5F88F-E7FF-4E0A-B8F8-6C6A3B8DAA7C.jpeg 52E81E87-1ECC-4BB3-A209-43DA767D92D3.jpeg 44DB1378-C548-4FE7-BBC0-F58E9E3DE374.jpeg

This weekend I also did the Halloween decorations a little early for the kids to enjoy on their half term break.

30B354AA-32D7-4609-8AEB-36EFD5890F57.jpeg 07844363-B0A0-421E-8361-6C3E0039C853.jpeg 17D848AB-8A2C-4E64-AA65-8353124C7306.jpeg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

25671C43-0596-4531-BDDE-E8560390AA94.jpeg 20F5F88F-E7FF-4E0A-B8F8-6C6A3B8DAA7C.jpeg 52E81E87-1ECC-4BB3-A209-43DA767D92D3.jpeg 44DB1378-C548-4FE7-BBC0-F58E9E3DE374.jpeg

This weekend I also did the Halloween decorations a little early for the kids to enjoy on their half term break.

30B354AA-32D7-4609-8AEB-36EFD5890F57.jpeg 07844363-B0A0-421E-8361-6C3E0039C853.jpeg 17D848AB-8A2C-4E64-AA65-8353124C7306.jpeg

WOW! Love all the decor, everything looks so good. Your home is beautiful and your kitty adds just the right touch of cute/spooky!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Your cat is SO CUTE and your home very inviting. Pro pics! I can't imagine baking that loaf!

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course to each their own, but why would one decorate for a season?
Though we never bother, I sorta get decorating for a holiday, to whoop up the mood if you're into that sort of thing.
Seems to me in most climates, seasonal decoration is already there, and paid for by nature; just look out your window.

Maybe I don't get it because, here in my So. California beach city, the seasons are barely distinguishable.

Last edited:

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Though we never bother, I sorta get decorating for a holiday, to whoop up the mood if you're into that sort of thing.
Seems to me in most climates, seasonal decoration is already there, and paid for by nature; just look out your window.

Maybe I don't get it because, here in my So. California beach city, the seasons are barely distinguishable.

Please refrain from sullying this thread with your obstinance and general meanness. It’s uncalled for and unwelcome.

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
WOW!!! Everybody has excellent taste and got beautiful decorations!!!
Thanks for sharing!

RMOO

Brilliant_Rock

I think you answered your own question, Kenny. People decorate for a season (myself included) because it celebrates a change of our environment. For me, it is fun, adds variety to my home, breaking the monotony of the items in my home that I can not change easily (furniture, rugs, drapes, etc.) And it also, as you say, whoops up the mood of the various holidays, or seasons. It is not unlike changing your jewelry to enhance an outfit.

As the saying goes: variety is the spice of life.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It was fun to try once but I won’t be making a habit of it - and after all the effort the damn dog stole it from the kitchen worktop and ate it after we had only had two slices!

Is your dog OK? LOL but not LOL

Ionysis

Brilliant_Rock
Is your dog OK? LOL but not LOL

That one has a cast iron digestive system I’m afraid. He once stole half a leg of lamb that I’d cooked for Easter Sunday dinner. Our guests were round the dining table and watched him drag it backwards past the door so I couldn’t even get away with giving it a rinse and put it back in the oven :) . Fortunately the other half of the leg was carved and on the table - but no one got seconds!

I decorate for EVERYTHING! I live in a very multicultural place and love it because there is always someone celebrating something.

We have been known to mark thanksgiving (we are not American), Diwali (not Indian), Ramadan and various Eid holidays (not Muslim), Harvest festival, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Poya days (not Buddhist, but our nanny is), have been to celebrations for Passover, Chinese New Year, Islamic new year, and several mother’s days annually because the days is celebrated on different dates depending if you’re British, Arabic, American, or Australian (we have friends from lots of places), Anzac Day, Remembrance Day (husband is ex military), and probably many others over the years.

There are so many positive messages to take from all these different occasions aside from the religious aspects (gratitude, resilience in times of hardship, self sacrifice, celebration of life, celebration of love, victory of light over darkness, appreciation of others suffering, celebration of family etc.).

I love that the children get to see all these.

And I love an excuse to decorate as well!

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That one has a cast iron digestive system I’m afraid. He once stole half a leg of lamb that I’d cooked for Easter Sunday dinner. Our guests were round the dining table and watched him drag it backwards past the door so I couldn’t even get away with giving it a rinse and put it back in the oven :) . Fortunately the other half of the leg was carved and on the table - but no one got seconds!

I decorate for EVERYTHING! I live in a very multicultural place and love it because there is always someone celebrating something.

We have been known to mark thanksgiving (we are not American), Diwali (not Indian), Ramadan and various Eid holidays (not Muslim), Harvest festival, Halloween, Christmas, Valentine’s Day, Easter, Poya days (not Buddhist, but our nanny is), have been to celebrations for Passover, Chinese New Year, Islamic new year, and several mother’s days annually because the days is celebrated on different dates depending if you’re British, Arabic, American, or Australian (we have friends from lots of places), Anzac Day, Remembrance Day (husband is ex military), and probably many others over the years.

There are so many positive messages to take from all these different occasions aside from the religious aspects (gratitude, resilience in times of hardship, self sacrifice, celebration of life, celebration of love, victory of light over darkness, appreciation of others suffering, celebration of family etc.).

I love that the children get to see all these.

And I love an excuse to decorate as well!

Was your dog's name Halley (as in the comet)? LOL My BIL's dog became my MIL's dog--and he routinely jumped on the dining room table to forage. There were more than a few holiday dinners without the mains! Pets!!! Enjoy your space. It sounds lovely!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Of course I let this thread go right up to Halloween before updating it. We had some nasty weather over the weekend and I just remembered to get a (hasty) pic tonight when I got home.

This year was a good experiment. I think the mums need to go in the plant holders instead of their containers from the nursery so they’ll look less leggy and more flowery. Tomorrow is trash night so the scraggly-looking orange one might be making friends with Oscar the Grouch. Lawn care is also tomorrow so hopefully the leaves/debris will stay cleaned up and I can change out the wreath and doormat for a more autumnal vibe, and get another pic.

Happy Fallidays!

IMG_2037.jpeg

ringbling17

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I wasn’t planning to put stuff out but then your thread inspired me to at least put some pumpkins outside. I did this on Halloween day. I really want to buy mums but then I always forget to water them.
Also posting my trick or treat table which we put out since we can’t open the door. We like walking around the neighborhood with my son and security guard Duke. You know, in case someone tries to swipe our candy.

IMG_9782.jpeg IMG_9779.jpeg IMG_9773.jpeg IMG_9711.jpeg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results