shape
carat
color
clarity

show me your double claw prongs

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

papillon

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I''m going to set my 1.21 ct cushion in Mark T''s Sophia setting. The original Sophia design is a double claw prong micropave ring. Now I''m not so sure if I should keep it double claw, or change it to single claw. Can someone please show me pictures of your double claw prong rings? Mark does not have an actual ring to show, so I''ve only been looking at the two images on his website...
Any suggestions will be helpful, too!

Thanks!

nebe

Brilliant_Rock
laetitiamurray
handshots022.jpg

Belle
bbbhand1_01.JPG

PGTips
11pricescopePicture%20061.jpg

KristyDarling
1sillheadoncrisp.JPG

Scintillating
Scint-Sy-Shde-2-web.jpg

35.gif

diamondgirl5k

Shiny_Rock
i ABSOLUTELY LOVE Kristydarling''s ring.. Does anyone know where she got it??

papillon

Rough_Rock
Wow! Nebe, thanks so much for finding all those pictures for me!
Still can''t decide! Does anyone know why they make double claw rings? Do double claws hold diamond better than singles?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 8:49:49 PM
Author: diamondgirl5k
i ABSOLUTELY LOVE Kristydarling''s ring.. Does anyone know where she got it??

leon mege..

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/12/2007 8:53:09 PM
Author: papillon
Wow! Nebe, thanks so much for finding all those pictures for me!

Still can''t decide! Does anyone know why they make double claw rings? Do double claws hold diamond better than singles?

double claws are for aesthetics purposes, they aren''t really any safer...

papillon

Rough_Rock
Oh, also, does double claw look better with bigger diamonds? Mine is 1.21 ct. Do you think if I go with double claw it would look too busy?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like double prongs on cushions. I don''t think it will be busy as all.

Uberoval7784

Rough_Rock
Ahhhh I dream sweet dreams of double claws! Very stylish!
36.gif

October2008bride

Brilliant_Rock
Mine has double claw prongs -

kdooelslkdkring%20on%20my%20hand149683729.JPG

soprano87

Rough_Rock
I adore my claw prongs. I found that in the temporary setting with regular prongs, my cushion looked very rectangular (mine is closer to square than oval). With the claw prongs, you can really see the curve of the corners. Plus, it looked more antique and appropriate for a cushion. The prongs are so tiny, you can really see the stone. Leon''s prongs are pretty awesome
1.gif

soprano_cushion1.jpg

papillon

Rough_Rock
Thanks for suggestions! I adore cushions but I don''t particularly like Antique looking rings. I originally went on searching for a cushion after seeing Tiffany Novo, which is 4 prong single claw. I''m going with single this time.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
This is my ring when it was first set with split prongs. VERY pretty from the top view, but I found from the side, there was a lot of gold (being the double prongs), and made my diamond look smaller than it was (mine is 1.76, or 7.7mm). Now, with the single claws, from the side view, more of the diamond is showing.

split prong when I had them.jpg

papillon

Rough_Rock
Hi Beau13,
Thanks for sharing the picture! Your ring is beautiful! It''s great to be able to see the double claw from a different angle. I''m going with single claw.

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Papillon..my ring WAS great, I had it for 2 days, when a prong broke, and had to be reset with 4 regular claws. Long story...anyhow, I think going with four prongs rather than bulkier split prongs is a wise choice!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results