shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me Your Diamond Studs!

thank you so much! I have been more focused on my ear project then more diamonds though but my friends have been enabling me (how do you have more earrings then I do but you dont even had diamond earrings) so now I am hooked when the time is right I did find a place that can make me a pair. if I am going this far I want nice sizing and spacing. so glad I was measured and had them done right. but I still need to finish my other ear 1st I am thinking unless I find an extra deal/score we will see what happens. I too love seeing others ear candy cause its way better then real candy

You were SOO right to get measured! I was a silly teen and went to the mall (behind my moms back haha) 3 different times :eek2:! So was not done with precision to say the least :doh: I got lucky it's not terrible, but the 2nd holes are a bit too close to the first IMO. That's one other reason I don't always wear them graduated, I need more separation for the largest stones so they don't touch when I'm sleeping. If do get a 4th (Or 5th!) in each ear I'm going to a proper piercing shop!

Make sure to post pics whenever you get yours made! Love to see that eye candy :love:

m
You were SOO right to get measured! I was a silly teen and went to the mall (behind my moms back haha) 3 different times :eek2:! So was not done with precision to say the least :doh: I got lucky it's not terrible, but the 2nd holes are a bit too close to the first IMO. That's one other reason I don't always wear them graduated, I need more separation for the largest stones so they don't touch when I'm sleeping. If do get a 4th (Or 5th!) in each ear I'm going to a proper piercing shop!
my 1st hole here is not proper but the rest of mine were piercing shop done. I have to make an appointment to get a 3rd hole done measured and all on my other ear it only has 2 right now. I have 3/8inch spacing so I am able to also wear a 3/8 hoop though both holes which is a cool feature as well called an orbital. this is really fun talking about this haha I love it!!

this is really fun talking about this haha I love it!!

Haha same! If you do any helix, tragus or conch piercings love to see your earrings and hear your experience with pain level compared to regular piercings and healing etc. I've always wanted to do one or more of those, but never had the nerve! I'd love a helix or conch piercing to wear more studs or cool little huggies up high, I love that look! Maybe some day my desire for more treasures will overtake my fear of the pain :mrgreen2:

Haha same! If you do any helix, tragus or conch piercings love to see your earrings and hear your experience with pain level compared to regular piercings and healing etc. I've always wanted to do one or more of those, but never had the nerve! I'd love a helix or conch piercing to wear more studs or cool little huggies up high, I love that look! Maybe some day my desire for more treasures will overtake my fear of the pain :mrgreen2:

My conch is pierced!! I a plan on another lobe and helix to complete my ear. I am so new to this I just posted on another thread

My conch is pierced!! I a plan on another lobe and helix to complete my ear. I am so new to this I just posted on another thread
Oh nice! I'll check it out!!

how cool and exciting! thrifting found 2 different single earrings looked nice for thrifting and took the chance. cheap enough to take a chance and it paid off!! the local jewelry store tested them real diamond 14kt white gold. have no idea how this happened but I will wear them. someone must have lost the matching ones and got rid of them. I just put them both in a box. random box.DSCN7516.jpg

Alex Park has just finished these for me - D VVS lab RBs, 2.17tcw bezel milgrain with jumbo backs in 18K. Waiting for him to finish a ring for me before sending everything together, but looooving how they turned out! Excuse crappy pics, they're screenshots from a video.Screenshot_20240503-152929.png

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240503-152811.png
    Screenshot_20240503-152811.png
    453.9 KB · Views: 17
Alex Park has just finished these for me - D VVS lab RBs, 2.17tcw bezel milgrain with jumbo backs in 18K. Waiting for him to finish a ring for me before sending everything together, but looooving how they turned out! Excuse crappy pics, they're screenshots from a video.Screenshot_20240503-152929.png

Gorgeous!!

figured today would be a good day to wear it. not sure this is the best setup but this is itDSCN1631.jpg

2.19tcw D/VVS LGDs in an 18k thin bezel setting from Alex Park. I am so so so so so so happy with these - definitely would not go bigger and the bezels are sliver-thin and gorgeous!

Stones are just a jiff over 6.7mm diameter. There's a curved crossbar in lieu of the traditional basket or martini style setting, and it is just so comfortable to wear. I am very glad I asked for jumbo backs to keep them sitting up.

PXL_20240611_033958632.jpgPXL_20240612_022536591.jpg

2.19tcw D/VVS LGDs in an 18k thin bezel setting from Alex Park. I am so so so so so so happy with these - definitely would not go bigger and the bezels are sliver-thin and gorgeous!

Stones are just a jiff over 6.7mm diameter. There's a curved crossbar in lieu of the traditional basket or martini style setting, and it is just so comfortable to wear. I am very glad I asked for jumbo backs to keep them sitting up.

Perfection! I would love to see the crossbar design. The jumbo backs are the way to go for sure.

Sorry I should have scrolled up, thank you for posting!

I wear either studs or hoops everyday. Both are lab diamond studs which I feel more comfortable buying and wearing. Both are set as low as possible with jumbo backs (highly recommend). Another pair in the works light yellow lab diamonds in 18K brushed yellow gold.

.38 carat (each) D/VS lab diamonds with thicker bezel. 14K unplated brushed white gold
IMG_3409.jpeg

1 carat (each) E/VS faint blue lab diamonds in 14K brushed rose gold, curved 6 prong setting, look like flowers when wearing.
IMG_3421.jpeg

Last edited:

those look nice helix looks great too

This thread is for people to post ear shots with diamond specs so people shopping for studs can have an idea of how certain sizes appear on the ear! It''ll be nice to have a lot of pictures located in one thread!

Hey, you should check out this new site, www.yourdiamondguys.com. It’s got this cool AI that scans for inclusions and weeds out the bad ones, so you only see the best diamonds with nice imperfections. Plus, there’s tons of info on there to help you out.

Oh WOW! More photos of those earrings, please!

2.75ctw D-F, VS/VVS diamonds. Rounds are ACAs by WhiteFlash, pears are from Blue Nile. Set in platinum by David Klass Jewelry. Roughly 13.5mm x 13.5mm.

IMG_4150.png

those look really nice

Oh WOW! More photos of those earrings, please!

Happy to do it, but nobody around at the moment who can take them for me, I'm sorry. More photos might be a long time coming. Just letting you know. And my photos - which I tried to take for you a dozen times, were not worth posting - unless you'd particularly like a photo of the inside of my ear. :oops2:

2.75ctw D-F, VS/VVS diamonds. Rounds are ACAs by WhiteFlash, pears are from Blue Nile. Set in platinum by David Klass Jewelry. Roughly 13.5mm x 13.5mm.

IMG_4150.png

I saw the picture and out loud exclaimed "that's a really cool earring!". My 8yo agrees, very cool!

WF ACAs 1.5 ctw F VS2 studs reset into handmade bezel with inner milgrain71AFFF88-5E4B-4570-9613-8E4F3EB66B92.jpeg9962007F-5A6E-4AB7-B3C7-B4EFD3BC41C2.jpeg

oooo! I love these bezel set earrings with milgrain. May I ask if you had these reset at WF or with another company?

Do you have any mod shots? I would love to see how they sit in your ear. Asking because I’ve just received my first pair from WF and feel like they sit too far off my ear and droop ☹️

Thanks for sharing!

Last edited:
I got my first pair in my 30's, they were 1.50 ctw. I have know idea about the specs at the time all i was concerned about was diamond size!!

My husband gave me my next pair for Christmas one year; they were 1.20 ctw, G, VS1. A few years prior he gave me a .75ct, G, VS1 pear shaped diamond pendant.

Like a brat I wanted bigger diamonds, so I bought my current studs they are 3.20 ctw, E, SI1. Again, they are great for what I wanted and they're bright white and shiny.

To this day, my husband has no idea about the larger diamonds. He thinks I've been wearing the earrings he gave me 5 yrs ago.

Here's a bad pic... Boy it's difficult to take a picture of my earrings while wear them!

this gives me hope! I just received my upgrade that was nearly exactly as yours was. I’m not sure if my husband will notice or not, ha!

oooo! I love these bezel set earrings with milgrain. May I ask if you had these reset at WF or with another company?

Do you have any mod shots? I would love to see how they sit in your ear. Asking because I’ve just received my first pair from WF and feel like they sit too far off my ear and droop ☹️

Thanks for sharing!

Hi there, I know you weren't replying to me, but I have a very similar pair. They are set in a curved basket which sits very flat to the lobe but the biggest difference in terms of droop prevention is jumbo backs. Try that?

(Photo of my studs in my ear if you scroll up)

PXL_20240730_061432707.jpg

I wear either studs or hoops everyday. Both are lab diamond studs which I feel more comfortable buying and wearing. Both are set as low as possible with jumbo backs (highly recommend). Another pair in the works light yellow lab diamonds in 18K brushed yellow gold.

.38 carat (each) D/VS lab diamonds with thicker bezel. 14K unplated brushed white gold
IMG_3409.jpeg

1 carat (each) E/VS faint blue lab diamonds in 14K brushed rose gold, curved 6 prong setting, look like flowers when wearing.
IMG_3421.jpeg

To round out my metal options, here are the light yellow lab diamond studs done in 18K yellow gold. I have rose, white and now yellow gold diamond studs.

Here is the genius in the design; the stones are not the same diameter. One diamond is 1.32ct and the other is 1.45ct. Amy at David Klass was able to camouflage the diameter difference in the design of the bezel. The base of the setting is angled in slightly so it disappears when looking straight at the earring.

They are simple in design and intended to sit low and flat on the ear. This is a larger size diamond for me and probably would have selected something smaller. However, I was able to pick these stones up for a very good price. It’s a simple design inspired by a vintage pair.IMG_4833.jpegIMG_4834.jpeg

IMG_4832.jpegIMG_4831.jpeg

Last edited:
GET 3 FREE HCA RESULTS JOIN THE FORUM. ASK FOR HELP