shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas trees!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
OK, I have a confession to make - I am totally obsessed with Christmas trees! I always look forward to December 1st, which has always been the date mum and I put the tree up at her house (even now that I don't live at home anymore, I still make the trip over there to decorate the tree :loopy: )

DH and I have been in our house for 7 years now, and for the first time this year I bought a tree, now that we have our son. I spent far too long working out colour schemes/decorations/how tall a tree to get/where to put the sodding thing, etc etc. We ended up with an 8ft dark green tree with red, purple and gold shiny, matte and glitter decorations, and white fairy lights, and I love it! And my 11 month old, strangely enough, is completely unfazed by it. He poked one of the baubles and watched the lights flicker for a bit, but then wandered off and looked for a shoe to chew on. Weird kid.

I've shown you mine - now show me yours!! :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

xmas_tree_2013.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
i posted mine in another thread but sense you asked :halo: :lol:

uploadfromtaptalk1385765427075.jpg

Mayk

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A furry animal in the tree... Hey mom put that really pretty ornament right here!

_12300.jpg

Asscherhalo_lover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's mine! Lights on and lights off!

Clearly my "theme" is "the more the merrier"! I was married over five years ago and ever since then my Mother and some other family members hunt out and buy me special ornaments every year. We go for the oddball ornaments, we uy them on vacations and things like that. There are quite a few hand blown glass ornaments, antiques, hand painted, etc. I also have collected the annual swarovski snowflake since I was married. I'm going to be picking up this year's ornament as soon as Macy's has friends and family. This tree is only about 5ft tall since we're in a small apartment but it packs a punch!

_12301.jpg

_12302.jpg

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
This is ours

photo__24_2.jpg

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here is ours. One with flash one without. Our ornaments are all Snoopy, Star Wars, Star Trek and a few Killer Rabbits.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1385955585.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1385955664.jpg

jess719

Shiny_Rock
Here is ours from last year. It looks exactly the same this year. Lol :D

Edited: I have no idea why it is rotated...

img_0819.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I so envy those who appear to have snow already - that is something I really miss about Christmas in California. :(sad

ETA: beautiful trees!

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow, awesome trees everyone! Love them!

OMG Niel! That is the COOLEST tree I have ever seen, I haven't seen an orange tree before! You are so funky and awesome! :love:

Mayk, you kitty is beyond adorable! Best christmas tree ornament ever :bigsmile:

Asscherhalo, I just love trees with a story! The meaning and history behind your tree is so fantastic, what a talking point! I used to collect the Swarovski stars too, when I worked at a jewellers and got them at a discount ;)) Your tree is spectacular!

Holy moly Jax, how tall is your tree? It looks huge! I love the star on the top, it's gorgeous!!

marcy, that pic with the lights all on you tree is incredible! Now I'm wishing I went with coloured lights, just stunning! Love love love the bunnies :love:

My goodness jess, yours is magnificent! :!: :!: :!: I'd want it to look like that every year! :bigsmile:

minous, I'm in Australia, so no snow for us either! Just searing heat :sun: DH and I holidayed in the US two years ago and experienced our first white Christmas, so amazing!!

Thank you for sharing everyone! Keep 'em coming! :mrgreen:

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
No idea how tall - it's a real tree. We have 7 ft ceilings and it's in a stand so maybe 6.5 ft?
My son picked the star - it's his favorite part of decorating it.

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yay, I love the Christmas Tree thread, DA I love your tree! I use to dread the whole tree thing being married as my mom and sister weren't around to all put up the tree which I enjoyed back then. Anyway, flash forward to us having kids and I love it again; the boys love the Christmas tree! I will post ours at some point soon!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks DandiAndi.

Everyone's trees are so pretty. I drove around after work today looking at Christmas lights. :appl:

davi_el_mejor

Brilliant_Rock
A little preview :D I'll get more pictures of the rest of the trees/decorations when I am home at night.

The tree in the Dining Room with Mia as a model. This is a black white and silver/grey tree. It pops really nicely against the yellow walls. The room has black grey and silver accents.

wp_20131201_004.jpg

armywife13

Ideal_Rock
This was ours last year, it will look pretty close to this again this year. Hopefully I can get it put up and decorated this weekend.

uploadfromtaptalk1386090090439.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
We don't have ours up yet but this is what it looked like last year.

121.jpg

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Aww Skippy, I hear ya, when things change and we 'grow up' I still want things like decorating the Christmas tree with my mum to keep on keeping on! So far so good ;)) Can't wait to see your tree!

marcy, I miss driving around to look at lights!! It's a bugger that it doesn't get dark here until about 8:30pm, by then my son is long in bed, so we might have to wait until he's a bit older.

Oh my, Davi, your tree is beautiful! So choc full which I LOVE, but so tastefully done! Love your model too, she's so pretty! :love:
armywife, my goodness that looks like something out of a Christmas catalogue for a posh department store! Amazing! :appl:

iluvshinythings, fantasticcolour combo on yours! I just adore red. And you have an awesome tree start too! Where do you find them?!?! All the ones I've seen are so... generic? Nothing wrond with that of course, but I'd like something a bit funky and fun like yours. Great pressie stash too! :naughty:

I had to laugh... after years of decorating the tree with me, mum and dad know how OCD I am about decorating it a particular way, and DH knows not to help too much with ours either :bigsmile: :bigsmile: He mentioned to me once that I'll have to relax a bit when we have children and we want to decorate the tree together. I think my response was along the lines of buying two trees... one for them and one for me. Ha!

He sent me this today. :rolleyes:

chrstmas_tree.jpg

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have 2 trees - a prelit 6' black tree in the living room, decorated w silver and white ornaments that has been my staple for the last few years. It really doesn't look "black", rather just a very dark tree, so your eye interprets it as green.

I've been wanting a very tall tree for our 2 storey family room for a few years now and they have always been out of stock once I'm ready to order! So this year ---- someone was SUPER CLEVER and ordered it in July!! Weeee! However, DH was the one who had to drive over the big scary bridge to pick it up at a UPS store in NY state tho. Delivery to Canada - $199. Delivery within the US - free. Yup - road trip for DH!!

Living room:

Family room is a slim 9'-10' tall prelit white flocked tree w Tiffany blue/turquoise decorations... I LOVE IT!!! It just glows from the inside and it makes me so happy when it is on!!

img_2941.jpg

img_2942.jpg

screen_shot_2013-12-03_at_7.png

screen_shot_2013-12-03_at_1.png

Sparklelu

Brilliant_Rock
No trees in our house yet as DH is painting the interior of the house so I've got to wait till next week!
Here are last years tree in Living Room artificial and family room real.

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1386116571.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1386116599.jpg

imageuploadedbytapatalkhd1386116657.jpg

lizzyann

Ideal_Rock
Enerchi|1386115555|3566987 said:
I have 2 trees - a prelit 6' black tree in the living room, decorated w silver and white ornaments that has been my staple for the last few years. It really doesn't look "black", rather just a very dark tree, so your eye interprets it as green.

I've been wanting a very tall tree for our 2 storey family room for a few years now and they have always been out of stock once I'm ready to order! So this year ---- someone was SUPER CLEVER and ordered it in July!! Weeee! However, DH was the one who had to drive over the big scary bridge to pick it up at a UPS store in NY state tho. Delivery to Canada - $199. Delivery within the US - free. Yup - road trip for DH!!

Living room:

Family room is a slim 9'-10' tall prelit white flocked tree w Tiffany blue/turquoise decorations... I LOVE IT!!! It just glows from the inside and it makes me so happy when it is on!!

Enerchi, I am in LOVE with your white tall tree!! Where did you get it from??

movie zombie

Super_Ideal_Rock
OMG, I love Love LOVE the orange Christmas tree!

Enerchi

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lizzyann, my white tree was from www.Christmastreemarket.com

It is a flocked tree - which I've now decided is NOT my tree of preference! Flocking = a ton of little white 'bits' all over you when you set it up, fluff out the branches, decorate it, brush by it, watch the dogs walk past it... anything sets off a 'flocking' snow storm. (and yes, that little play on words is completely intended :Up_to_something: )

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock
This is the first year that we had to get a tree. Little miss e was younger and thought we could wait till now. She is 2.75yrs old. We got an led Xmas tree. I can't load the video so I have a pic of it sans lights. I will try tonight to take one with lights on. Damn- the photo posted sideways - so will try this evening again

gregchang35

Ideal_Rock

photo_1__4_0.jpg

iluvshinythings

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I think we bought the topper at Lowes or Home Depot. It reminded me of the one we had when I was a kid.

You make me laugh with your Christmas tree OCD. My mom was just like that. Every single light and ornament was in the precisely correct place and every time she walked by the tree she did a little adjusting. She even mandated that the wrapping paper and bows had to match the color scheme. She's over it now (probably due to grandkids) but our scrapbooks from late childhood look like something from a magazine. She's not OCD about anything else but if you wanted to drive her crazy, just move an ornament slightly. :lol:

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone! I figured I would post our trees as well.
This is from last year but I plan to decorate similar.
One has ornamanents I've been collecting since 1993. It goes in my family room. The other one is white with Turquoise blue decorations and is by my sunroom which is in front of the house. I might change it around and get one more and just have one by each window in the front of the house ( one in the Living room and one in the dining room).
I posted a picture of the first ornament we ever purchased.

_12398.jpg

_12399.jpg

_12400.jpg

_12401.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Hmm, posted upside down and i can't fix it! I got the white tree a few years ago. I always wanted a white Christmas tree. Our first tree was huge, 9 feet tall and when it finally gave out, I decided I didn't want another tall tree. Too lazy to reach the top, lol!

Everyone's trees are beautiful!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Here's an Instagram pic I took of one of the trees last year. I'm not going crazy this year decorating like I usually do and I haven't even started with trees yet. I hung a fresh swag in our kitchen window and that's as far as I've gotten. :shock:

Everyone's trees are gorgeous!

_12402.jpg

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous trees, everyone!

Enerchi and butterfly17, I love your white trees with the turquoise blue ornaments. They remind me of Tiffany and Co! :love:

diamondringlover

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I dont have mine up yet..I am way behind..I usually put up the prelit in the living room and the small real tree in the dining room...I put all the beautiful handmade ornaments on the real tree...here is the prelit tree from last year..its a little blurry and I have a really small living room so excuse the chair sitting next to..I got no where else to put it lol

summer_fall_xmas_2012_035.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results