shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Christmas/Hanukkah/Kwanzaa gifts!

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
Now that the major winter gift-giving holidays have all passed, post pictures of what you gave your SO and what you got! :))

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
I gave the boy a case for his new iPhone 5:

a memory gel-foam pillow (one for him and one for me ;)) ):

If I had had more time, I would have also probably gotten him some boxers from American Eagle (he says those are the softest) and maybe a new cologne to try.

I received a ring from T&Co that I had been wanting for a while...actually it is a really cute story and he was so sneaky about it. He asked me a couple weeks ago if he could have something sent to my house. I said "sure, what is it?" He told me it was a battery case for his new phone and didn't want it to get stolen (he still lives in a bad part of town off of campus). He's asked me to have stuff shipped to my address before so I didn't think anything of it. When the package arrived, I assumed it was his case and didn't even bother to look at the return address (it says TCO very small and discreetly in the corner and is shipped in a plain cardboard box) and brought it over to his apartment. It was after a late night at work and I figured he would just want to open it in the morning, but he kept insisting I open it that night...surprise! This is what I found instead of a phone case for him!! ;)) ::)

woodcase.png

_2599.jpg

_2600.jpg

madelise

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I got a Tempurpedic weightless bed and two pillows on their way from being backordered. I don't have a photo of that since my bed isn't made, and you can't see what mattress it is anyway :naughty:

and this was my surprise this year:
15504_4376632128045_1813058116_n.jpg

A projector! I had been complaining and b!tching to him to set up the TV that's been sitting on my bedroom floor for the last year and half. The last few weeks have been extra brutal, since I don't want that thing on my floor. He kept ignoring me, and dissuade me from putting up wall decoration until he "had the time to put up the TV", since we didn't know where the TV was going. I kept annoying him for weeks to hurry up. Turns out, it's because he wanted that space blank! :)) He's building me a shelf for the projector, and then measuring the space on my wall, and will make me a white vinyl sheet for my yellow walls.

He still needs to buy a thing-a-ma-bob for my laptop to connect to it, as well as a few other majiggies and a set of proper speakers.

I had no idea what the gift was. I opened a box, and got so darned confused, lol! I asked him, "what the hell is this?" when he told me to figure it out. I turned it upside down and all over. Hahaha. :oops: Pretty nifty, IMO! I can browse PS and have the images posted on the wall!

He got 58 pairs of socks + 20 pairs of undershirts in a huge stocking I found at the dollar store. I had to shove the items in the stocking for them to fit. I cleared out the socks in his size at two different Targets. I also got him a pretty 11 by 14 frame in a nice bronze antique-y look that matches his work and bedroom decor, and framed one of the images I printed from our photo shoot 3 months ago. I was going to do the Pinterest washable marker "I Love You Because ____" thing, but I didn't want to ruin the prettiness. Oh well.

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee,

What a neat thread! I've enjoyed reading the two posts so far. I love your TCo surprise ring. Bet your SO was happy and surprised to put one over on you by shipping it to you.

madelise,

I LOVE the socks and undershirts in the giant stocking! It wouldn't do me any good to get my SO new undershirts <sigh>. He has bunches, but he will wear his old ones until the neck has frayed off in strips and the body looks like Swiss cheese.

OK, my SO (now fiancé, but I can't get used to calling him that after almost 14 years of him being my SO) and I are weird...

We didn't exchange gifts this year. We've been working on our camp in the middle of a national forest for the last nearly two years so most of his extra money has been going into that. I told him that I didn't want anything for Christmas because he just bought this, which I am claiming as my Christmas present. Bet this is the most unusual Christmas present posted here!

There are another couple of attachments for it.

He totes his clothes and boots and such to and from the camp in plastic grocery bags, so, as a joke, I made him denim bags using Wal-Mart bags as patterns. Made him two regular-sized ones and one large one. No photos, and they're not very well made (not up to my usual standards) but they'll work.

This was my birthday present:

Gotta give him credit. He hasn't gotten to operate it except to work on it to fix a few things that needed fixing. Any time it's been used for work, I've been the operator, even when we were building our weir and there were two men working.

I know it's pretty redneck-y, but it's a nice change from my day-job, teaching at a local university.

(I think you can see why I don't participate in the manicure thread. Gone are the days when I used to get my nails done regularly.)

liz

skidsteersm.jpg

miniex.jpg

LoveLikeCrazy

Brilliant_Rock
Fun topic!

I got SO a "red dot" for one of his guns...when i actually saw the piece, i was like :errrr: i paid $400 for THAT?!

I also got him an RC helicopter to fly around the apt since we have a pretty open floor plan and 2 story ceilings. I am regretting THAT purchase. He has already flew it into my head once and it is super annoying! LOL :wacko:

I also got him my favorite cologne which is Lacoste Essential Sport. He has been wearing armani code since i met him :sick: i don't like it...not one bit haha

His stocking was FULL of candy. Godiva, Ghiradelli, reeses (multiple types), peanut m&ms, kit kats, lindt truffles, errmmm i can't even remeber what else...oh and a $25 dunkin donuts gift card.

He got me the T&Co charm enhancer necklace which was given to me super early in Oct...and a T&Co Rubedo 1837 narrow ring! I love the color against my skin, but could never pay the money they ask for it haha. Makes a perfect gift. I'd rather a different ring :naughty: but i guess this will have to do. haha The picture can't really catch the true color, and it looks all different colors in different lighting. I LOVE IT!

His stocking for me was full of candy that i like.

65187_4040098009555_127199685_0.jpg

pandabee

Ideal_Rock
madelise love that projector!! So very awesome. Bling on the wall!! :cheeky:

Libby that is awesome!!! I know nothing about those but they look very useful haha. No reason you can't paint your nails on the weekends! :razz:

Love that ring LLC..looks great on your skin!!

No one else?? :D

LibbyLA

Brilliant_Rock
pandabee,

We use that equipment on the weekends at our camp! My hands stay pretty beat up.

LLC,

You got your guy some great guy toys. I can't buy anything gun-related for my SO because he knows a lot more about them than I do and he can get things at much better prices. I did make him a quilted magazine holder several years ago, but that's about all I can do.

liz

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results