shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Black Friday pearl purchases!

I contacted them earlier today when I saw sortmon comment a few pages back and asked to be notified... I wonder if I will be? I am 99.9999 sure that I'm returning mine. I've tried it with different shirts etc, and I'm just not in love with it.

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks to everyone who commented on my souffle. I'm still thinking about it. Will try longer chain and different tops.

I did take some more pictures of the souffle. I wore it a bit last night in different lighting. Like most pearls, it looks awesome during the day... but I feel like I have too many doubts about it. I think the souffle would look really cool as an enhancer on my exotic metallics (pictured with two strands)... but I hardly wear those as it is.

photo_449.jpg

photo_450.jpg

periwinklegirl

Brilliant_Rock
Bean,
Well, I think it looks awesome! But I'm not in your shoes.
I do notice that I don't wear my two strand multicolour nearly as often as my longer single strand. Any idea what makes you wear them less?
Good luck!

For my part, I have more or less decided to return my two not so blue baroque akoyas.
They are lovely, but not what I was actually expecting (they aren't very blue) and after the sale Hisano doesn't have two blue ones left.
They were expensive enough that I have to really love them (they were almost the same price as my soufflé, each!), and I don't.
So back they go!

_12757.jpg

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
Sorry to hear you didn't like you Akoyas but that souffle can easily stand on its own. What are your plans for it?

baby monster

Ideal_Rock
Premium
So I'm trying to find suitable background for this souffle. Seems to look better against a yellow sweater. Unfortunately, the bail is so small that my longer chains don't fit through it.

20131217_085929-1-1.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
I really get to see my pendants in daylight today. :love: :love: :love: them. The snail is definitely extremely metallic, especially the peach part. The lavender and green one has a softer glow. Here are some pix on the bust, green and black sweaters.

img_4010_copy.jpg

img_4011_copy.jpg

img_4013_copy.jpg

img_4014_copy.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
More experimenting with other color sweaters.

img_4015_copy.jpg

img_4018_copy.jpg

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
My Black Friday souffle is now set as an enhancer. Here is a quick shot of it by J while laying on his desk.

I am excited to see it in person. I'm sure it will look amazing.

finishedenhancer1534.jpg

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
Fly Girl|1387314310|3576324 said:
My Black Friday souffle is now set as an enhancer. Here is a quick shot of it by J while laying on his desk.

Gorgeous. I assume it is on the large Glimmer enhancer? What are the dimensions of the soufflé, both measurements?

SMC

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1387314085|3576322 said:
I really get to see my pendants in daylight today. :love: :love: :love: them. The snail is definitely extremely metallic, especially the peach part. The lavender and green one has a softer glow. Here are some pix on the bust, green and black sweaters.
Ooh, glad you are keeping both! They are both lovely and very different from each other!

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
BabyMonster (lol, did I really just call someone that? :)) of course we know pearls look different in different lights and it depends on what you wear them with and such. But, that said, I wonder if a more intense or more blue-ish color soufflé pearl really would go better with your skin tone. Something more like one of HHP's soufflés. Love your Tahitian strand. It looks great on you!

renwea

Shiny_Rock
Hhpmom , your snail pendant is gorgeous , I like it on the black. I think it would look really good paired with another longer layering chain too.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1387316146|3576341 said:

Gorgeous. I assume it is on the large Glimmer enhancer? What are the dimensions of the soufflé, both measurements?
Thank you, HHPmom. Yes, it is on the large Glimmer enhancer. The description said it was approximately 18 x 32 mm with a body color of iridescent light pink.

Yours are gorgeous. Different enough that I'm sure you will prefer one over the other, depending on the day, the weather, your clothing, whatever. I think it is great to have a choice in our pearls, as well as in our clothing.

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
baby monster, the baroque Tahitian strand is beautiful on your gorgeous neck. As for the soufflé, I know you prefer soufflé shape with pointy top. But green is more flattering on your skin tone. I have returned the loose soufflé. It has more green than the one you currently have as well as peach and lavender at the top. The drill hole was very small for my intended eye pin. I am sure Jeremy can drill it larger to fit other bales to make a pendant. I have the V -shape finding (still unattached to pearl) similar to your soufflé pendant and its peg is much larger than the drill hole I had made. The point is PP can make a pendant for that soufflé with any other finding/bale. If you are interested, email Elia so she can notify you once it arrives at PP's office. I sent it FedEx and they should receive it Friday.

For your viewing pleasure, vendor picture and my blurry shot.

img_3992_copy.jpg

pearl_paradise_-_5.gif

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock

I am sure it will look amazing too! Can't wait to see lots of photos!

LitGeek

Brilliant_Rock
HHPmom Your pearls are quite the little chameleons! I especially love them with the black.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
HHP Mom I love how your pearls change depending the background color you wear with them. They are TDF.

Fly Girl your enhancer really turned out well. Can't wait to see pictures of you wearing it.

NacreLover

Brilliant_Rock
Beautiful pendants HHPmom and Flygirl. It's great to see these pearl set and ready to wear. Enjoy. :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

HHPmom

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1385718833|3564675 said:
Too much! I don't know if I should keep everything since I'm also planning to purchase more on Cyber Monday!

Did you keep the first one? Refer to first page for pictures. Somehow it did not carry over when I quoted sortmon.

pkinnew

Brilliant_Rock
FlyGirl - Great enhancer. But this means you are in "waiting to arrive" mode again! Oh no! Do you think you'll get it by Christmas???

SMC

Ideal_Rock
HHPmom|1387377003|3576795 said:
sortmon|1385718833|3564675 said:
Too much! I don't know if I should keep everything since I'm also planning to purchase more on Cyber Monday!

Did you keep the first one? Refer to first page for pictures. Somehow it did not carry over when I quoted sortmon.
Nooo - that was the one I wanted the most but it double-sold! I never got my grubby little hands on it. I am souffle-less at the moment but there is always a next time!

SMC

Ideal_Rock
4Ranch Girl|1385754572|3564840 said:
My new beauty... :love: setting to be determined.
4Ranch Girl, have you decided how you're going to set this yet? I'm interested to see as you always seem to come up with creative settings.

4Ranch Girl

Brilliant_Rock
sortmon|1387394786|3576979 said:
4Ranch Girl|1385754572|3564840 said:
My new beauty... :love: setting to be determined.
4Ranch Girl, have you decided how you're going to set this yet? I'm interested to see as you always seem to come up with creative settings.
No not yet. I will wait until after all of the holidays and have something to look forward to.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
pkinnew|1387382505|3576852 said:
FlyGirl - Great enhancer. But this means you are in "waiting to arrive" mode again! Oh no! Do you think you'll get it by Christmas???
Well, I'm thinking I'll probably get it by Christmas, but it will be close. I went and ordered another soufflé pendant for my son's fiancée. Jeremy just finished cleaning it today. :))

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
What a wonderful future mother-in-law you are! I hope she appreciates it!!!

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1387402906|3577057 said:
What a wonderful future mother-in-law you are! I hope she appreciates it!!!
I am the lucky one. My daughter went vegan last year, so no pearls for her. So, this beautiful woman that my son loves is going to get all my pearl love. :))

The pendant should match the soufflé pearl earrings I gave her last Christmas. Here are pictures of last year's earrings, including a real life shot of her wearing them. They really pop though her masses of dark hair. The pendant pearl was selected from this tray of soufflés by Jeremy. He photographed several for me to choose from, and I went with the middle one in the last photo.

earrings_4124.jpg

_12799.jpg

ppplatesouffles.jpg

souffles1531.jpg

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
Those earrings are fantastic. Who made them?

What a gorgeous set she'll have!

(PS -- your daughter may come back from the dark side, so save some pearl love for her...)

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
bsomlo|1387417670|3577204 said:
Those earrings are fantastic. Who made them?

What a gorgeous set she'll have!

(PS -- your daughter may come back from the dark side, so save some pearl love for her...)
Thank you. I made them. I purchased the soufflés full drilled from Sarah at Kojima, and added a headpin and a few Oregon sunstone rondelles. She liked them enough to wear them when we saw her last week. (Smart girl!) :))

(Yes, my daughter will eventually come back, but right now, having her home for the holidays will be a challenge. I need to stock up on soy milk and tofu.)

bsomlo

Ideal_Rock
I'm feeling you. My sixteen year old turned into a pescatarian from one day to the next. That's hard enough to deal with in a red meat loving household... (and she cares not a hoot about pearls!).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results