shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me your Art Deco rings!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
forgive me if there is a thread on this already, but i would love to own an art deco piece someday, i''d love to see some deco finger shots! show them if you''ve got them, please!

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Could you please explain what you mean by art deco?

It is my understanding that the art deco period was from 1920-late 1930s. I have a couple of rings from this time period but the diamond rings aren''t filigree, they are more plain solitaire settings. I have a filigree wedding band (early 1920s) and a couple of wedding bands that date of the mid 1920s to early 1940s that are engraved.

Are you including anything like this in your request or are you specifically wanting art deco diamond filigree engagement rings?

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
There is already a thread called Show me your antiques or something like that. It''s been going for a bit so might as well add to that one instead of starting over...

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
thanks, i figured there HAD to be something like that here! ill find it...

liz

Rough_Rock
Here are my grandmother''s rings from the 1930s. I believe they''re art deco style.

liz

Rough_Rock
Photo didn''t attach, sorry. Let me try again...

liz

Rough_Rock
This one is my grandmother''s original e-ring.

art deco ring_1.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
30.gif
Those are beautiful, Liz! Thanks for posting them.
21.gif

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
ACCKKK!!! These are beautiful Liz!

liz

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the comments. I''ve inherited my grandmother''s e-ring, though I don''t yet have specs on the center stone. Not even sure if the setting is white gold or platinum. This one was my great-great grandmother''s e-ring. Not sure what period it is (Edwardian maybe?). It probably dates from around the turn of the century.

antique ring_3.jpg

Skippy123

Super_Ideal_Rock
Liz, those rings are gorgeous!!!
30.gif
30.gif

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Those rings are beautiful!

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I just picked this up today! It''s a .52 OEC set in platinum. Inside is engraved 1-5-37 . . . I wish I knew the story behind this beautiful ring!

deco 006 (3).jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
I found this in a little antique store nearby -

deco 003 (3).jpg

Rhea

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, that is gorgeous. You''re lucky to have found it. Could you take a closer photo of it? Are those sapphires?

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
Those are 4 sapphires - hope this shows the detail a little better.

deco 035 (3).jpg

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
awsome! im looking for something similar. boy, you definatley have better antique stores where you live!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
dang, gramma had good taste! i would love to own pieces like that, thanks for posting those!

Diamond*Dana

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous rings ladies!

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Beautiful rings! I love the art deco style.

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
So this is my grandmothers engagement ring. It is engraved with, "Nan, I love you. TDDUP 2-6-54." I love this ring, my mom gave it to me for my 21st birthday! I never take it off...

My Grandmothers Ring 014.jpg

tulip928

Brilliant_Rock
That''s beautiful Mchll!
30.gif
How great is that to pass such lovely ring through the generations. I wouldn''t take it off either!

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
that is so unique! i love it, i would not take it off either! actually, you''re lucky you could fit in ON you hand, it seems like all the older pieces i try on are soooooo SMALL!! i am beginning to believe that there were no size 7 and up art deco period women! i would hate to have to resize something that is engraved.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are all so beautiful! Love the inscriptions!

Mchllmarsh

Shiny_Rock
It didn''t fit me at all, my grandmother was like a size 4. I sadly had to have it resized. Thankfully he was able to keep most of the engraving. I figured its ok to loose a little bit of the engraving, to be able to wear it rather them have it sit in my jewelry box...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results