shape
carat
color
clarity

Show Me the Ring, huh? Do these qualify?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

DiamanteBlu

Ideal_Rock
Oooooh, yummy!!!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:23:24 PM
Author: door knob solitaire
Uh duh...those babies more than qualify!
18.gif
Yummy yummy yummy. They look incredible.

Can you tell us your thought on precision set compared to others? I have seen their rings, and was impressed with the quality.

Woo hoo! Happy for you sparky!! §
DKS -- Thanks! Glad you like them and think they look nice in my furry ear.
9.gif

Thanks for the questions ... gives me a chance to talk about my new diamond babies ... It's a bit of a story but since you asked ....
34.gif

While dealing with Traci at Whiteflash about my mom's diamond, you know the saga with the chip etc ... we had a great conversation in which she "introduced" me to inside out hoops. She emailed me pics & since I had never seen them before, we were both wondering where we could get them ... I told her I would ask my jeweler and see what I could find out.

I was due for a visit to my jeweler to visit my newly completed setting
30.gif
and diamond
30.gif
, not yet set,
8.gif
(which, as an aside, I am apparently not allowed to see now that it has been set) and I asked her about them and she said that they had some ... She whipped em out of the case and that was the end of that.
36.gif
Had to have em ... only b/c I tried them on, of course.

I was really happy to learn that they were Precision Set b/c I have been lusting after Precision Set rings and really liked their stuff so definitely wanted something from their collection.

Since I've had them, I have seen other inside outs, however, I haven't seen many, in person, so I don't have anything to really compare them to. The quality is top notch and I am pleased with them.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:43:19 PM
Author: ringabling
oh I love those and soo want some!!!!
30.gif

Can I ask. . . because I notice it on the ones I find locally too, why does the bottom look different? Is it a weight thing?
Thanks ringabling! I say get some!!
3.gif

I''m not sure about the reasoning as to why the bottom looks different. What is it that you noticed ... I don''t think I saw it. Do you mean the diamonds in the back of the hoop?

It may be a weight thing?? The front of the hoop has 16 diamonds and the back has 13 diamonds but the diamonds are all the same size, I believe. Excuse me not being sure ... Can you elaborate on your question? I would be interested in seeing and finding out as well!
1.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:49:55 PM
Author: Skippy123
Wow Miss Sparkle, those earrings have me swooning!!!!
30.gif
30.gif
I love love love them; I want a pair.
3.gif
3.gif
3.gif
I am so glad you posted a pic; congrats on super gorgeous earrings!!!
36.gif
BTW, the pic of you in LIW is adorable!!
Skippy!! You are too sweet! Thank you!! The pic nicely disguises the sasquatchness of my ear. I guess that''s why we have hair on our head''s??? To cover the hair on our ears? I concur with everyone else who ever said it ... ears were not made for close up pics.

Now, down to business ... We need to get you a pair!
27.gif
31.gif
I figure maybe we can get a PS bulk buying discount if everyone who wants a pair gets one .... What do you think?
25.gif

I''m really glad you like them!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:51:17 PM
Author: Sundial
Boy those babies certainly do qualify for Show Me the Ring! They really are sparkalicious!!! The only problem with earrings is that you can''t see yourself wearing them. Just remember to look every time you pass a mirror with those beauties on.
Thanks Sundial!
35.gif

You better believe it, baby! Any, I mean, any time I get a chance, I am admiring them.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:57:05 PM
Author: DiamanteBlu
Oooooh, yummy!!!
Thanks DB!
36.gif
I''m glad you think they are delicious looking!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Those are beautiful! Wow! They look great on! I always wondered if you could really see/notice the inside part, but it looks like in the pics you definitely can. I bet you''re enjoying those beauties!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 9:54:07 PM
Author: thing2of2
Those are beautiful! Wow! They look great on! I always wondered if you could really see/notice the inside part, but it looks like in the pics you definitely can. I bet you''re enjoying those beauties!
Thanks thing2of2!
I am! I am! They are fab and I love them!

Funny you should mention about the inside part. I still wonder that myself since I can''t see them most of the time, however, when I am admiring them in the mirror, the inside really looks sparkly to me.

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 9:10:50 PM
Author: Sparkalicious

Date: 1/13/2008 8:43:19 PM
oh I love those and soo want some!!!!
30.gif

Can I ask. . . because I notice it on the ones I find locally too, why does the bottom look different? Is it a weight thing?
3.gif

I'm not sure about the reasoning as to why the bottom looks different. What is it that you noticed ... I don't think I saw it. Do you mean the diamonds in the back of the hoop?

It may be a weight thing?? The front of the hoop has 16 diamonds and the back has 13 diamonds but the diamonds are all the same size, I believe. Excuse me not being sure ... Can you elaborate on your question? I would be interested in seeing and finding out as well!
1.gif
I *think* I notice it on your's and I did notice it on the ones my store carries. . .
on thr very bottom, closest to your shoulder when you're wearing them, they look like the diamonds are different or as if they stop{?}
It's hard to tell from the photos, so I may be imagning this on yours.
Lay them on the counter in front of you with the clasp furthest from you. Are the diamonds completely consistent all the way around, or are the bottoms of the hoop, closest to you now, slightly different design-wise.
Does this make sense?

I wanted to ask my jeweler about her's in the store but was too giddy about my ring! LOL! I think 90% of the ones in my local store are different on the very bottom like I described.

In any case, they're magnificent, congrats and enjoy them!!
Hopefully soon I'll have a pair to post!
9.gif

isis~goddess

Shiny_Rock
i love those! do you know the diameter of the hoop?

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
They are beautiful!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 10:14:44 PM

3.gif

I''m not sure about the reasoning as to why the bottom looks different. What is it that you noticed ... I don''t think I saw it. Do you mean the diamonds in the back of the hoop?

1.gif
I *think* I notice it on your''s and I did notice it on the ones my store carries. . .
on thr very bottom, closest to your shoulder when you''re wearing them, they look like the diamonds are different or as if they stop{?}
It''s hard to tell from the photos, so I may be imagning this on yours.
Lay them on the counter in front of you with the clasp furthest from you. Are the diamonds completely consistent all the way around, or are the bottoms of the hoop, closest to you now, slightly different design-wise.
Does this make sense?

I wanted to ask my jeweler about her''s in the store but was too giddy about my ring! LOL! I think 90% of the ones in my local store are different on the very bottom like I described.

In any case, they''re magnificent, congrats and enjoy them!!
Hopefully soon I''ll have a pair to post!
9.gif
I think I get it ... I''m sure I look crazy scrutinizing my earrings here and turning them every which way.
9.gif
It''s pretty funny.

The diamonds appear to be the same on the inside and outside of the hoop. The diamonds do stop though and don''t go all the way around. Here''s a pic from the Precision Set website, maybe that pic will better demonstrate? I''m sorry if I haven''t answered your question.

Thanks for admiring them ... I can''t wait for you to get yours!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 10:18:40 PM
Author: isis~goddess
Thanks isis~goddess ...

I don''t know and I can''t find a ruler!!
29.gif
, however, this might help ... on the Precision Set website they call the 1.30 ctw ones "Nickel" and the 2.00 ctw ones "Half Dollar".

If I can find a dratted ruler, I will let you know.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 10:40:43 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
They are beautiful!
Thanks Tacori! Glad you like them.
1.gif

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
YES, that''s it! Why don''t they go all the way around?

Date: 1/13/2008 10:42:20 PM

Date: 1/13/2008 10:14:44 PM

3.gif

1.gif
I *think* I notice it on your''s and I did notice it on the ones my store carries. . .
on thr very bottom, closest to your shoulder when you''re wearing them, they look like the diamonds are different or as if they stop{?}
It''s hard to tell from the photos, so I may be imagning this on yours.
Does this make sense?

I wanted to ask my jeweler about her''s in the store but was too giddy about my ring! LOL! I think 90% of the ones in my local store are different on the very bottom like I described.

In any case, they''re magnificent, congrats and enjoy them!!
Hopefully soon I''ll have a pair to post!
9.gif
I think I get it ... I''m sure I look crazy scrutinizing my earrings here and turning them every which way.
9.gif
It''s pretty funny.

The diamonds appear to be the same on the inside and outside of the hoop. The diamonds do stop though and don''t go all the way around. Here''s a pic from the Precision Set website, maybe that pic will better demonstrate? I''m sorry if I haven''t answered your question.

Thanks for admiring them ... I can''t wait for you to get yours!
36.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 11:28:11 PM
YES, that''s it! Why don''t they go all the way around?

Thank goodness, Ringabling! I''m glad I actually did get it.

Not sure why they don''t go all the way around. I have seen some other ones, just pics of other ones, that actually do go all the way around and hook at the top with a flat snap type typical hoop thingy ... I''ll try to attach a pic.

Side view inside out hoops.JPG

LadyAmythyst69

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 8:05:14 PM

Date: 1/13/2008 7:20:55 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69
I like!
36.gif
I want!

My husband saw inside out hoops at a trunk show recently & he was very impressed. So I told him to add some to my list.
2.gif
Lady A ... How about this?

Since I am a kind and generous spirit ... I will trade these lovely earrings for a piece in your collection?? Will that work?
31.gif

Now that your husband knows that you are on the prowl for some inside outties, I''m sure you will be getting some, bday? anniversary? just because pressie? You never know!
LOL! He DID tell me not to root around in his closet today - because my birthday is in a month and I guess he has started shopping already. I''d be pretty surprised if he bought me jewelry all on his own though!

You know - my borthday is on Valentine''s Day. Don''t you think that means I should get double bling??
9.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 11:40:18 PM
Author: LadyAmythyst69

Now that your husband knows that you are on the prowl for some inside outties, I''m sure you will be getting some, bday? anniversary? just because pressie? You never know!
LOL! He DID tell me not to root around in his closet today - because my birthday is in a month and I guess he has started shopping already. I''d be pretty surprised if he bought me jewelry all on his own though!

You know - my borthday is on Valentine''s Day. Don''t you think that means I should get double bling??
9.gif
I absolutely - no doubt - feel as though you should get double bling for a Valentine''s Day bday.
9.gif

I knew it! I love it! Stop the snooping Lady A or at least make it less obvious
27.gif
Sooner than later you will be getting your very own pair or ... if not ... something else equally as lovely to add to your seemingly endless and definitely envy worthy collection.

metro

Brilliant_Rock
WOW, THOSE ARE HOT!

Are they heavy on your ear?

risingsun

Ideal_Rock
Ringabling~with the insideout hoops, the diamonds on the outside stop at the bottom of the hoop and then move to the inside of the hoop on the way up to the closure. I have had several pairs and that was just a design feature of this type of earring. I have seen traded my hoops in on some drop earrings, but really like Precision Set. I must remember I''m on a jewelry ban
38.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock
Wow those are great! I have just figured out the inside out part....
31.gif
I am qutie slow this Monday Morning!
Congrats, love em!
30.gif
30.gif

poshpepper

Ideal_Rock
Yep, those qualify for sure!!!!
They are beautiful and they look great on your ear!!!

ringabling

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:00:29 AM
Author: risingsun
Ringabling~with the insideout hoops, the diamonds on the outside stop at the bottom of the hoop and then move to the inside of the hoop on the way up to the closure. I have had several pairs and that was just a design feature of this type of earring. I have seen traded my hoops in on some drop earrings, but really like Precision Set. I must remember I''m on a jewelry ban
38.gif
well, obviously a boy deisgned that! LOL! I want them ALL the way around!

Spark, I like the ones you posted. . . but maybe a little more delicate. I guess they''re out there, just need to look!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 10:09:01 AM
Author: metro
WOW, THOSE ARE HOT!

Are they heavy on your ear?
Thanks metro!! No .. they are not heavy on my ear at all. I thought that they might be as well. Surprisingly, most of the time, I barely notice them and find myself checking to make sure that they are still there.

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:00:29 AM
Author: risingsun
38.gif
Jewelry ban!!
23.gif
6.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 11:13:30 AM
Author: Angel7
Wow those are great! I have just figured out the inside out part....
31.gif
I am qutie slow this Monday Morning!
Congrats, love em!
30.gif
30.gif
Thanks Angel7!!
35.gif

Don''t worry about not getting it ... I didn''t "get" it until I was sent a pic ... makes so much sense now that you''ve seen it though, right?

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:10:57 PM
Author: poshpepper
Yep, those qualify for sure!!!!
They are beautiful and they look great on your ear!!!
Thank you poshpepper! Glad you like them ...
36.gif

I love the kitty in your avatar pic ... so cute!

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/14/2008 1:35:07 PM
well, obviously a boy deisgned that! LOL! I want them ALL the way around!

Spark, I like the ones you posted. . . but maybe a little more delicate. I guess they''re out there, just need to look!
I agree ... The pic I posted probably looks more delicate in real life. I just saw on another site somewhere that Simon G makes inside outties so that might be something to look into ... They looked pretty nice.

Good luck on your search. Can''t wait til you get a pair!
2.gif

Sparkalicious

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/13/2008 10:45:13 PM

Date: 1/13/2008 10:18:40 PM
Author: isis~goddess
Thanks isis~goddess ...

I don''t know and I can''t find a ruler!!
29.gif
, however, this might help ... on the Precision Set website they call the 1.30 ctw ones ''Nickel'' and the 2.00 ctw ones ''Half Dollar''.

If I can find a dratted ruler, I will let you know.
Isis~goddess -- I just came across a ruler! I measured the hoops and they have about a 1 inch diameter.

I hope that helps ... Sorry for the delay.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results