shape
carat
color
clarity

Show me profile shots of your rings

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
canuk gal you make my eyes bug out every time you post pictures......I LOVE YOUR ETERNITY RING!!!!! AAAHHHHH!
30.gif

Can I have it?

lauralu

Brilliant_Rock
goldenstar...I LUV your ring. Iam so glad I have kept checking this thread and looking at all the profiles. I have been admiring this very similar setting from Scaasi diamonds. here is the link

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1A2B1

I first saw it on their site. Than later (your setting) which is very similar on the James Allen site. This was the first setting I saw that I ever book marked. I have since over the last while find myself revisting it again and again. Now that I see pictures of yours (especially the hand pics) I love it even more. Your diamond is very very beautiful in that setting.

Everyones elses profiles are lovely too! This is a great thread! whoooo hooooooooo

You are all lucky girls. Lovely lovely lovely

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 2:42:12 PM
Author: beau13
Here is mine. Jenn, I am trying to figure out if the diamond set high or in a setting like yours, makes the diamond pop more. My diamond is a 1.76 carat round, and it looks big from the top, but the deep ''V'' head, which stands tall, I think is what makes it appear smaller. If I had a more ''cuplike'' solstice head, or U prong head, I think it would appear wider from the side. Jenn your ring is beautiful, as is everyone else who posted!
Beau13, your rock is stunning! I think it may just be a trade off--from the side my very "cuplike" head seems bigger than my pervious vprong princess head that from a profile view looked simiilar to your head (both stones similar in size, current 1.59rb, princess was 1.52). But every time I see a higher set stone in person I think it makes the stone look larger. I fell in love with several PS owner''s rings that were set in very "cuplike" settings and that''s what I went with. I just sometimes with I could raise this "cuplike" "flower" up higher! :) But I am now a lover of the cuplike heads that really swoop the stone.
30.gif

beau13

Ideal_Rock
Thanks Jenn, your ring is gorgeous as well! Did you save any pics of member''s rings, that have that swoopy, cuplike head? I went to a jeweler yesterday to look at their mounts..they all seem to be made for smaller sones, so the owner said" it will look different with your diamond, they need to add a different head, and its a larger stone, so it will sit up much higer". I wish I could see the diamond set, before I commit. I seen a different, almost trellis style head, attached to a cathedral, but she said it was meant for a one carat diamond, and it couldn''t be ordered with a different size head! Hmmmmmmm..surprise, surprise! LOL.

Jenn5504

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/27/2007 7:44:04 AM
Author: beau13
Thanks Jenn, your ring is gorgeous as well! Did you save any pics of member''s rings, that have that swoopy, cuplike head? I went to a jeweler yesterday to look at their mounts..they all seem to be made for smaller sones, so the owner said'' it will look different with your diamond, they need to add a different head, and its a larger stone, so it will sit up much higer''. I wish I could see the diamond set, before I commit. I seen a different, almost trellis style head, attached to a cathedral, but she said it was meant for a one carat diamond, and it couldn''t be ordered with a different size head! Hmmmmmmm..surprise, surprise! LOL.
It was mainly Jcrow''s newer head on her amazing ring and Mara''s head on her stunning ring. Then I stumbled upon Elaineh''s amazing job at working with WF on modifications to their knife edge tiffany setting and it fit the bill.
1.gif
I don''t go for all that "oh, that head can''t be ordered for a stone that size" bull. It''s so frustrating! WF can and will do just about anything if you are able to communicate your wishes to them. I LOVE trellis style settings, mmmmm! I kind of made a deal with my husband and our insurance agent when my original ering stone broke that I''d go for something a little lower set and a little more protected (hence 6 prongs to reduce the chance of me WHACKING my diamond girdle on things.
3.gif

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 11:19:32 PM
Author: lauralu
goldenstar...I LUV your ring. Iam so glad I have kept checking this thread and looking at all the profiles. I have been admiring this very similar setting from Scaasi diamonds. here is the link

http://www.dimendscaasi.com/build/step1.asp?prodID=1A2B1

I first saw it on their site. Than later (your setting) which is very similar on the James Allen site. This was the first setting I saw that I ever book marked. I have since over the last while find myself revisting it again and again. Now that I see pictures of yours (especially the hand pics) I love it even more. Your diamond is very very beautiful in that setting.

Everyones elses profiles are lovely too! This is a great thread! whoooo hooooooooo

You are all lucky girls. Lovely lovely lovely

Thank you lauralu! I too was obsessed with this setting when I first saw it. I couldn't stop looking for pictures of it. Now that I have it I love it more amd more each day. I'm so happy with it.

deljaso

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 8:12:16 PM
Author: urseberry
Yay! Thank you so much for all the pictures, and another big thank you to everyone who said my ring is pretty. I''m constantly impressed by how nice everyone is here.
36.gif

sunnyd, when I try to post the name of the vendor that supplied the diamond and setting, I get an ''unknown error.'' I assume this is because of the history of this vendor badmouthing Pricescope, the details of which I only found out about after I picked out the ring. I also considered the Knox Pave Petite, but decided on channel-set princess sidestones over the bead-set rounds on the Knox.

Stephanie, I hope to wear it in under a month, but I don''t mind waiting because I don''t need a ring in order to start planning a wedding!

Jenn, beau, I do think high settings make center stones ''pop'' more and appear larger.

I started this thread because I thought it would be neat to see lots of profile shots in one place. Maybe it will help someone down the road decide on what type of head they want. And I didn''t mean to exclude three stone or bezel settings or any other kind of setting - all are welcome!

First time poster here -- I love this ring!
I''ve been searching for days for something similar to this (okay, exactly like this). Does anyone know where to find a 2.5 mm wide channel-set princess setting like this? I know you mention that you can''t post the vendor''s name...
8.gif

I''ve come close, but I like the channel set much more than pave, and the width of the milgrain vs. the diamonds is perfect on this.
Thanks for any help!

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
*le bump*

1. canuk-gal, your asscher eternity ring is GORGEOUS! Do you mind if I ask you where you got it from?

2. goldenstar, I LOVELOVELOVE your setting! I am about to do a search for more photos of it right now--it is so beautiful, and I love how the stone is held inside it!

3. Anyone have (or know someone who might have) handshots of the Vatche Royal Crown?

What beautiful rings! I LOVE profiles!
36.gif

urseberry

Brilliant_Rock
Eek, sorry deljaso, I completely missed your comment! If you''re still here, the jeweler from whom I ordered my ring is located in Florida. If you search for "diamond" and "Florida," they''re usually one of the top hits, and you can find the band that inspired my setting on their site. Alternately, it''s a pretty basic setting that I bet most jewelers could make. Just show them a picture so they understand that you want thin channels. If it helps, the princess stones in my setting are about 2 points each.

gwendolyn, I LOVE the royal crown. This thread definitely needs some royal crown action! Here is a beautiful 1.447 ct G, ring size 7.5:
adhandshot3.jpg

Full thread here: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged.64966/. A site search of Pricescope will turn up may more.

Here is goldenstar''s full thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/engaged-gog-stone-and-james-allen-danhov-setting.61566/

Here is canuk-gal''s full thread: https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/ive-been-holding-out-asscher-eternity-and-earrings.62049/

pauly1

Shiny_Rock
My Fiancés'' favorite profile shot!

sDSC00799.JPG

april diamonds

Shiny_Rock
Oh! I was just about to hit reply when I saw Urseberry''s last post! I was like that picture looks familiar...OH ITS MINE! haha :D haha. Fun thread, Urseberry!

I was waffeling between styles but as soon as I saw the profile in real life it sealed the deal for both me and FI.

Goldenstar - I''ve never seen a profile shot of your ring (just been admiring it in your avatar). It''s so unique! I love it!

Canuk - LOVE your eternity band. I have it listed on the top of my wish list...hee hee...

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
urseberry, thank you SO MUCH for the links! That was so thoughtful of you! I'm still totally in awe over canuk-gal's asscher eternity ring. I literally cannot stop my jaw from hitting the floor when I look at those pictures--just breathtaking!
18.gif

April Diamonds, I love the profile on your Vatche Royal Crown!! It looks absolutely lovely!!!! It was one of the first solitaire settings I came across, and I'm gravitating back towards it because the lines are so elegant. I just love it! So beautiful!
30.gif

pauly1, because of your fiancee's ring, I spent about 2 hours last night, looking through Green Lake's stock inventory, and falling in love with almost everything I saw! You have exquisite taste, my friend. I can't even put into words how gorgeous that ring is! It leaves me mute.
2.gif

Yay, I love profile shots!!
36.gif
Anyone have any more they'd like to share?
27.gif

Angel7

Brilliant_Rock

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
The profile of my new RHR. It's a terrible pic, so I'll get some new ones off of my camera tonight!

original.aspx

susi

Shiny_Rock
Here is one.....although I just had this mount made it was not what I originally wanted so it is being remade and the stone will sit/set quite a bit lower.....

DIAMOND5asusi.jpg

lisa1.01fvs1

Brilliant_Rock
My set -- sorry bad photo and worse lighting.
4.gif

P1240432.sideview.JPG

snlee

Ideal_Rock
profile shot of my ering

1.23.profile.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Wow, ladies, these are GREAT!!! Your rings are so lovely!!
36.gif

Angel7, thanks so much for the links to the older threads. I went through and looked at all the pics (well, that ones that still works--sadly some of them are gone now
7.gif
) and found some beautiful settings that I hadn''t seen before.

Not sure if Bez still posts here, but does anyone know anything about this setting? I love it!

Bezprofileshot.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
Another one that caught my eye was one belonging to njc. That detail is incredible!!! Again if anyone (njc?
1.gif
) knows anything about this setting, please let me know the scoop!

njcprofileshot.jpg

gwendolyn

Ideal_Rock
mrssalvo, I came across a ring of yours from Quest in those threads too. Is it ok if I post it? (Or you--I ask first because I know for sure you're still here!). It is absolutely STUNNING!!!!!!! Do you still have it? I hope you don't mind if I drool a bit while staring at photos of it, and maybe go for something similar myself when it's time. It is simply divine!
30.gif

missmg9

Rough_Rock
Date: 11/26/2007 3:15:13 PM
Author: Rosebud8506

urseberry:

my profile is very similar to yours as well, so I know what you mean about the prongs looking ''chunky'' at the bottom.

However, I think your ring is lovely!!!!!!!!!
30.gif

Rosebud8506 - I am in love with your wedding set!!!!! That looks amazing.

And urseberry - I actually love that classic look, even if the prongs are bigger. that will NEVER go out of fashion. It is so lovely! Congrats... hand shots when he proposes!

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Here''s my oval 3 stone-profile. Low profile--platinum and kite side stones
Everyone has such lovely profile shots!

3 stone profile111.jpg

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
here it is from the side.
1.5 carat oval. .81 kites.
size 4

3stoneprofile11112.jpg

Odilia

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 1/28/2008 6:29:40 PM
Author: gwendolyn
Another one that caught my eye was one belonging to njc. That detail is incredible!!! Again if anyone (njc?
1.gif
) knows anything about this setting, please let me know the scoop!
That ring is a Tacori. It was very pretty in person. I saw it in stores in 2003 or so. Haven't seen it lately. I am not normally a 6-prong girl, but I loved that one.

SeeShell

Rough_Rock
I guess I'll join in the fun as well!

I recently got engaged and was given a beautiful .63 rectangular princess ring, with channel set princess stones in the band of the ring.

Everyone has such pretty rings!

Here is mine:

Engagement%20Ring%20013.jpg

Engagement%20Ring%2010008.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Here is the Ritani endless love...

Ritani endless love profile.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
Vatche Royal Crown solitaire...

old pictures 040_edited.jpg

butterfly 17

Ideal_Rock
T&Co. solitaire...

old pictures 290_edited.jpg

Lynn B

Ideal_Rock
Here''s mine... AGS-0 2.36 RB in a fishtail pave setting with the first Legato head
16.gif
-- custom made for me by WF in 2006.
36.gif

I generally love the look of center stones set as looooow as possible, but I do think there is small trade-off in that higher settings do seem to give the illusion of making the stone look larger. (Maybe it''s as basic and simple as the stone being CLOSER to the eye?!)

When we were designing my setting, I was very specific that I wanted the diamond set as low as possible and the prongs as thin and delicate as possible. I am kinda weird about prongs.

For you gals with rings with the thicker, blockier style prongs... if you ever decide to consider modifying that a little, you can ask any good benchman to thin out the prongs, and reshape them to be rounder and more delicate. It does entail unsetting and resetting the stone, of course, but the difference can be amazing. I know this because I had it done myself a few resets ago!!!
20.gif
2.gif
1.gif

pave2playingaround1.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results