shape
carat
color
clarity

Should we set our ring higher?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi All!
35.gif

We''ve been debating this for a while now and were wondering if all you knowledgeable Pricescopers could help us with making our decision.

Ok, question is: according to the pictures below do you think it would be safe to raise the stone a little higher? Would it even look better or should I keep it the way it is, as I already love it very much.
30.gif

Hope to hear from you all soon and happy holidays!

IMG_2304.JPG

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Another

Asscher2305.JPG

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Last one!

Asscher2306.JPG

04diamond<3

Ideal_Rock
It looks like it''s set pretty high as is...why would you want it set higher? I would think it would be a lot easier to catch it in things, which would lead to other problems....

zhuzhu

Ideal_Rock
I too, like it as is. :)

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
It''s set VERY high as it is...

goldenstar

Brilliant_Rock
I agree, it would be too high if you changed it.

Sharon101

Brilliant_Rock
I think what you are experiencing is the prongs being very high over the top of the diamond. The diamond itself is set high enough, but the prong work makes the diamond seem very low.

And its not just because the table is big or flat. My princess is quite flat with a large table but my corner prongs are fairly flush to the top of my diamond. I think your prong work is giving the impression of a low set diamond.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just in case you want one more opinion, yes, your stone is already set high. You would not want it any higher. Those prongs are great because they protect the corners of the stone. It is a beautiful ring! No need to change a thing!

LitigatorChick

Brilliant_Rock
Agreed all around - no higher!!!
36.gif

susi

Shiny_Rock
Over the years ( a lot of years
28.gif
) my taste has changed from loving really high mounted stones to really low mounts.

So, I feel your mount is already perfect!

ButterBean

Shiny_Rock
If you love it the way it is, why would you want to change it? My vote: leave it as is, it''s beautiful!

mela lu

Ideal_Rock
I agree. It is plenty high - just love it and enjoy it as is.
It''s beautiful!!
2.gif

DMBsGirl

Brilliant_Rock
I wouldn''t change it, I personally don''t like the look of high set stones. Also, it makes the stone more vulnerable as you are more likely to bang it against things.

gedean

Shiny_Rock
Hi Everyone,

Thanks soo much for all your great responses. We just wanted to let you guys know that, based on your help, we have decided to keep the ring as it is. Thanks again and have a happy holiday.

Michelle and George

tberube

Brilliant_Rock
If you already love it, why change it??

It's beautiful as it is now, setting it higher might pose problems with catching on/dinging things.

Besides, it's already set EXTREMELY high - why would you want it higher? It might look funny.

HeartingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
I agree with everyone here - do not set it any higher! Like Sharon, I think that the prongs are a little on the heavier side. Would it be possible to shave them down somewhat to give you the illusion of the stone being set higher than it currently is?

EstateJeweler

Rough_Rock
You have a lovely ring. My personal taste would be to lower the diamond but that''s just my opinion and everyone has their own preference.

bee*

Super_Ideal_Rock
glad to hear you''re leaving it as it is. I definitely wouldn''t have set it any higher

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results