shape
carat
color
clarity

Should this mother go to jail for leaving her baby in the car?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
Litigator and Tacori:

As I was driving home from work today, there were two more points I wanted to make in this thread, and viola, there they were, already made by you ladies. The two points were: you have to live your life and be sensible with your choices and nothing is ever as black and white as people would like it to be, especially parenting.
2.gif

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heather I agree 100%. Of course I would never take unnecessary risks (like if I felt she or I was unsafe) but leaving her in the car alone for less than a min. for me to get my mail, return a cart, etc feels okay to me. I am sure some moms will disagree but parenting is a personal thing.

TGal, where I live is NO WHERE like LA. We live on a quiet street and in a safe area. I know that bad things can happen anywhere so I would never just leave her (w/o seeing my car for example) or let her roam around a store alone (like some kids I see) when she gets older. I just trust my instinct. Hopefully it won''t land me in jail
2.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
^^I have done everything you mentioned.
11.gif
Makes no difference to me how other people feel about my parenting choices. Just about every day I wind up having to run back into the house with my daughter locked in the car to get something. While my daughter is sleeping I check my mail which is several houses down the street, I clean up my backyard etc. I buckle her up in my car then return my cart. Oh yeah, she gets MC.D's happy meals occasionally along with chips & cookies. HA
27.gif

SDL your post made me think of something. One of my brothers when he was young would always take off his seatbelt. My mother in the past got a hefty ticket for him not being buckled in. Just so happens one day we pulled into a 711 with a cop inside. My brother as usual unbuckled himself so what does mom do? She had the huge officer come out, open the car door & loud as can be says "Yooooooung man!! you are to stay buckled while you are in the car do you understand me?" My brother was scared to death crying, it was hilarious! He never unbuckled that carseat ever again. Personally just about every cop I have encountered for my bad driving was very nice. There was a female officer who was horrible probably because she felt like she needed to be tough? I dont know but she was mean.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas, at least we return our carts!
12.gif
I see many able bodied, childless people leave their carts in the spaces.

hlmr

Ideal_Rock
LOL VegasAngel, good to see you....all of us
11.gif
mothers must unite!
31.gif
9.gif

VegasAngel

Brilliant_Rock
Tacori I know, right? Nothing like putting my cart back to find someone parked theirs on/near my car, thanks a lot. What is so hard about returning a cart?

Hlmr, I do a lot of things I said I would never do when it comes to my daughter. What can I say? lol

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Vegas, plus I feel like the baby is SAFER in my car than hanging out in the parking lot. I agree there is NO way to know what you would do unless you are in the situation. I find I get a little less judgemental with age and life experiences
2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results