shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I wear pantyhose with sandals?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Normally, I would NEVER wear panythose with sandals in the summer. But it''s winter now and bare legs just aren''t going to work. I finally found a dress to wear for Valentine''s Day below and it looks cute with black boots but it also looks cute with my gold sandals. If I wear the sandals I''d need to wear pantyhose so would that be totally bad? My mom says it''s ok, but she would wear them in the summer too.

1MaggieLondon2.JPG

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
I think a fun pattern (like a tiny argyle) in black would be cute with the hose, I would not wear hose with the sandals though. Instead perhaps try a tinted lotion, like the jergens shimmer.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think it is fine to wear hose with sandals if they are very sheer, but if being cold isn't the issue have you tried Sally Hanses's Airbrush Legs? This is good stuff and makes legs look most elegant! But if you prefer get some really great pantyhose that are extremely sheer and try to avoid those with a reinforced toe or thick seam
14.gif
But with the boots I always think that is such a cute look with a nice dress and classy too. If there is some leg showing between the boots and dress hem and it is cold you could try some of the more funky patterned hose to jazz things up a bit. Or try stockings, they can often be thinner and more delicate around the toe than hose, or tights as we call them in England. I vote for boots and fun hose with that dress.

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Yes, being cold is the main issue for needing hose.

I definitely would wear sandal foot in the sheerest coverage I could find.

I have the boots and some textured tights/panthose that work fine, but I know my husband would prefer to see my actual legs rather than just boots.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The thing I hate about hose with sandals is the sausage casing toe thing. In the past when I''ve had to wear hose with an open toed shoe, I have worn the "toeless" hose--they''re like a thong for your foot. The toe just has a little piece that goes in between your big and second toes where a flip flop would go. They''re really not uncomfortable at all and will at least keep your legs warm. Just a thought!

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
Nice dress by the way, but I would definitely wear boots.

I am from the north of England, where it tends to be a bit nippy (cold). So a thick pair of woolly panty hose would not look out of place! And if you're wearing boots, then it doesn't matter if they're a bit wrinkly around the ankles. Us Brits are still cutting edge, when it comes to fashion.

And by the way, I hope you will be wearing a vest under that skimpy number! LOL

Blod
35.gif

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 10:20:45 AM
Author: blodthecat

And by the way, I hope you will be wearing a vest under that skimpy number! LOL

Blod
35.gif
Yes Blod, a nice thick THERMAL vest with lace on it
41.gif
I am so cold here I will be breaking out the nice knee length thermal utility drawers soon
31.gif

blodthecat

Brilliant_Rock
This is the one. Fits like a glove! And tucks neatly into a large pair of Brigit Jones knickers. Style and good taste ....You've either got it, or you ain't!

vest.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Blod that is EXACTLY what I meant!
36.gif
Lovely ensemble teamed with the Bridget Jones style drawers
3.gif
However DID you manage to find a pic of my best underoos?????

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
Oh, my gosh, my husband would die if I wore underwear like that....he would just be so shocked. I''m a rather curvy girl with a DD top so this dress is clingy in all the places he will love. I guess I''ll go with the boots to be safe.

Now, it needs a necklace. I tried on everything I own and came up with nothing that looks right. It needs to be a somewhat bold necklace. Any ideas?

Libster

Brilliant_Rock
Love the dress!!

Have you ever worn Spanx? They have a footless pantyhose that would keep you warm and you can have that bare look too!

www.spanx.com

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BOOTS!!!!

No hose with sandals EVER!

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/2/2006 12:16:24 PM
Author: Mara
BOOTS!!!!

No hose with sandals EVER!
Ditto. I also like the Spanx idea.

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Ack! No hose with sandals!!! If you MUST, then buy footless, such as the Spanx.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
NOOOOOOOOO!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
I guess I should just go with my gut...never wear sandals with hose. Looks like it''s boots for me.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Good choice!!

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
36.gif
36.gif
36.gif

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
Why not a pair of pumps or casual closed-toe shoes and hose?? Maybe with an off-black pair of hose?

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/2/2006 2:11:20 PM
Author: aljdewey
Why not a pair of pumps or casual closed-toe shoes and hose?? Maybe with an off-black pair of hose?

I have to say I really like that idea! Maybe something pointy-toed with an ankle strap???

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
BOOTS! It''s winter, people!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Mara, this may piss you completely off, but for the sake of creating a more streamlined appearance and not chopping her in thirds by wearing boots I would like to present some cute shoes I found at zappos that may or may not match her dress:

peeptoe.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
36.gif

blckntpe.jpg

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
emwink.gif

open.jpg

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
from a fashion perspective you are chopped in half or thirds, REGARDLESS, unless you wear all the same color, aka black top, blank pants, black shoes.

so if she wears tall boots she''d be chopped in thirds, if she wore heels she''d be chopped in thirds too with the dress, leg then shoe.

and no i''m not pissed off (whyever would that be?!), i just think that boots are the best idea also for staying warm and looking the most streamlined, without making it all types of difficult trying to throw shoes into the mix. these are tall heeled boots of course i assume!

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I agree that either way there is a chopped-off effect. My thinking was that if she wears black or off-black hose with black pumps her legs may look longer than if you were to see some bare leg between boot and hemline. I read back through the preceding thread on this topic, and ID says she''s 5''4", and there is a sliver of knee between her dress and the top of her boot...so I thought Al''s idea of black hose and heels might give her a little more length in the leg half.
emthup.gif

I know you''re not pissed--just teasing you about the "Boots! its winter, people!"
face20.gif

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
Dream Island, where in the U.S. do you live? Because, me being in sunny So. CA, it may be winter and being thus it does call for winter type clothing, but I don''t think it requires boots. Boots would be an excellent choice! But if you say that your husband would like to see more leg or just you want to show off more leg, then I think it''s perfectly fine to go with black sheer nylons and black pumps

Shoes1.jpg

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
See, now I know why I never wear dresses in winter! It''s just too darn hard.

If I wear the boots, I will wear black hose so as to keep the line not as chopped. The boots I have are black suede with about a 2" heel and pointy toes. They seem fine with this. They are a little tight on the top of the calf and it will start to hurt after awhile so I don''t wear them a lot but they should be fine for dinner out.

I agree that black pumps or shoes with black hose could work too (love some of those shoe ideas!). But I don''t own black pumps that are appropriate to a dress since I never wear winter dresses.

The gold sandals made me look taller because they blended with my skin tone.

But I think I''ll do the boots since I own them and it is definitely winter in Indiana!

Now, I need a necklace. Ideas ladies?

sunkist

Ideal_Rock
3.gif
Well I don''t want to go against the expressed purpose of the wonderful world of PS, but I say pearls!

moremoremore

Ideal_Rock
Island, luv ya girl, but how the HECK did you EVER pick out a wedding dress? This is a single outfit for one night! RELAX. Wear whatever you want and what makes you comfie! I honestly didn't go to this much trouble picking out my own wedding dress LOL...But you *are* sweet for trying to find a nice outfit for V-day...
And P.S. To answer your question...100000% NO. You can't wear toe hose with sandals in my book. And do hose really make anyone warm? If you must, get spanx with no toes!

And do you really think hubby is going to be looking at your NECKLACE!!!!!!!
11.gif
41.gif
Geez, throw something on already! LOL... There, I feel better.
9.gif
If you start a Should I Order Chicken or Fish thread I"m gonna lose it girl! (kidding of course....I know a fun night out is exciting!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results