shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I insist on an idealscope image for a cushion?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Just wondering how useful idealscope images are in regard to cushions? As I''m not able to see the stone in person, would the idealscope give me a better idea of it''s performance?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/25/2006 11:34:15 PM
Author:rubybrierley
Just wondering how useful idealscope images are in regard to cushions? As I''m not able to see the stone in person, would the idealscope give me a better idea of it''s performance?
It would be better than nothing.... no doubt about that.

I guess it depends on how much information about the stone you want.

Rockdoc

rubybrierley

Rough_Rock
Thanks for your reply - because I can''t see the stone before I buy it, I want as much info as possible...I am hesitant about buying a cushion like this, there''s only so much you can tell from photos. Perhaps I should insist?

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Hi Ruby

If you want all the information and details, Pick the appraiser of your choice from the resouces list, Appraise the appraiser, i.e check their education, equipment, and what information they will report to you. Ask the seller to send it to them for review WITHOUT paying for it up front. If the stone turns out to be what you want, then you pay for it, if not it gets returned to the seller.

Then get the information, and make your decision. Your worst case scenario is you have to pay the appraiser, but you''ll also have peace of mind that the stone is as represented, and that you are getting the stone you really want.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results