shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I go with a Cartier?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

eternity_girl

Rough_Rock
I am interested in purchasing a watch for myself. I have become fond of the Cartier Santos Demoiselle, as well as the Baume & Mercier Hampton Classic. They are 2 completely different price points.... any suggestions? Is there another reliable brand that I should take a look at? I would like something reliable and well respected. Any advice would be appreciated. THANKS!

Webb

Rough_Rock
Santos Dumont

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
I think I have both of those, in stainless. I know I have a Cartier that is the demoiselle, and the B and M I have is older and is a rectangular bracelet watch. They are both great but I think the Cartier, being very shiny stainless, scratched easily. I am not sure how you are getting it, in gold or what, but I noticed it. Depends on the look you want, Ebel also makes some nice watches, as does Bedat...

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

I have had a few "reliable" watches over the years; Omega''s, Concords and at present a stainless steel Ebel. Despite the different styles and having different features, I found all kept accurate time and looked great with daily use. One complaint I had about the Saratoga (Concord) was the clasp...it was often in need of "adjustment" to keep it closed on my wrist.

Even though I am considering a Cartier Banginoire as a new dress watch, I''ll never give my Ebel up entirely, as it is a sturdy, good looking, time piece.

cheers--Sharon

eternity_girl

Rough_Rock
is the dumont the one with the leather strap?

eternity_girl

Rough_Rock
another question.... should i look into an automatic rather than a quartz? what are the pros of an auto?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results