shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I get this asscher sent in??? Help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
Hello fellow PS members
I know that i have been MIA but I need a little help.

I am looking for an asscher for a e-ring.
this asscher falls in my price range and could be a serious consideration.

whiteflash vendors have a 1.13
for $5626.
Should I get this one sent to them for the fee?
Jamie from wF has helped and I want your opions please.

I have researched alot about asschers and I am not happy with the ratio 1.02
and the girdle but for the $ I think its pretty darn good. your responses are greatly appreciated.

I could not get the pic of the GIA cert
Price: $5,626.00
Report: GIA
Shape: Asscher
Carat: 1.13
Color: G
Clarity: VVS2
Depth: 65.2
Table: 57
Girdle: THN-VTK
Polish: Excellent
Symmetry: Very Good
Culet: None
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.93-5.84X3.81
Length/Width: 1.02

They also have this asscher
tell me what yo guys think about this. This is alot cheaper and the table is a little big.
Price: $4,567.00
Carat: 1.11
Color: H
Depth: 69
Table: 66
Girdle: MD-STK
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.66-5.64X3.89
Length/Width: 1.00

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
why vvs?
save some money with vs and go larger.
Im not loving either by the numbers.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 9:16:11 PM
Author: strmrdr
why vvs?
save some money with vs and go larger.
Im not loving either by the numbers.
Ditto, VVS is overkill . My asscher is a VS and totally eye clean. Good luck.
1.gif

asscherisme

Ideal_Rock
Hi,
I joined last week and posted about the table on my new asscher ring. My table on the center stone is 72. I did not buy the stone, my husband did. Anyway, my stone is beyond beatiful and has tons of fire.

Look for the thread I posted titled How did he do (from last week). I posted about table concerns and there are more photos of my "big" tabled stone".

AFter posting it, and wearing my ring for a little over a week I don''t care about the table, its a beatiful stone.

BUT if the table would bother you than thats another question. People pointed out to me than an asscher is not something that can be bought by numbers alone. You need to see the stone as well.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
asscherisme,
yep they need to be seen or pictures at the min.
Some people love big tabled asschers no question about that and thats kewl.
But these are $50(last i heard) each to bring in to the vendor so its risky to totaly ignore the numbers.
Right now the stock of good asschers in the system is even lower than normal.
A lot of whats left has been picked over.
There are some new ones entering the system slowly.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
You know ... I hear you guys about the VVS being overkill ... but good asschers are so RARE, you could look for a long, long time before you find EVERYTHING you want and ULTIMATE maximum value in a single, still available, well-priced stone.

I have a VVS1 stone that I absolutely love. I wasn''t willing to pass up on that stone in the hopes of tracking down some "better one". Never been a bit sorry. My 2 cents (from the other side of the fence: pragmatism)

FYI -- There are a LOT of folks on here (myself included) with pretty, non-Stmdr approved Asschers that he probably wouldn''t allow in his house for dinner, much less select for himself or his lady ... but that doesn''t mean they aren''t gorgeous or valuable or perfect for the particular buyer.
2.gif

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 11:12:10 PM
Author: decodelighted
You know ... I hear you guys about the VVS being overkill ... but good asschers are so RARE, you could look for a long, long time before you find EVERYTHING you want and ULTIMATE maximum value in a single, still available, well-priced stone.

I have a VVS1 stone that I absolutely love. I wasn't willing to pass up on that stone in the hopes of tracking down some 'better one'. Never been a bit sorry. My 2 cents (from the other side of the fence: pragmatism)

FYI -- There are a LOT of folks on here (myself included) with pretty, non-Stmdr approved Asschers that he probably wouldn't allow in his house for dinner, much less select for himself or his lady ... but that doesn't mean they aren't gorgeous or valuable or perfect for the particular buyer.
2.gif
Good point deco. I do believe you have one of the prettiest asschers I've seen. So with these being hard to come by why not a VVS. My point was that he could go larger and skip the VVS. That's all. My ering is a VVS. And most would say that is overkill too. But I love it.
3.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2006 11:12:10 PM
Author: decodelighted

I have a VVS1 stone that I absolutely love. I wasn''t willing to pass up on that stone in the hopes of tracking down some ''better one''. Never been a bit sorry. My 2 cents (from the other side of the fence: pragmatism)

FYI -- There are a LOT of folks on here (myself included) with pretty, non-Stmdr approved Asschers that he probably wouldn''t allow in his house for dinner, much less select for himself or his lady ... but that doesn''t mean they aren''t gorgeous or valuable or perfect for the particular buyer.
2.gif

Any asscher is welcome at my house for dinner. :}
They behave better than people.

Good asschers are rare but not rare enough that you cant shop around a little on size, color and clarity if someone wants too.
If someone had a great vvs1 in hand it is more of an issue passing it up than when calling virtual stones in when there might be other options.

Im glad you love your asscher and Im very happy for you :}

The nice thing about internet board advise is that its free and one can ignore it or listen as little or as much as they want.

MacClure

Brilliant_Rock
'levigarrett'....i'm super-tired, but, can't help myself to include an opinion here. an 'opinion', not assumed expert advice. and, i do apologize in advance if i'm a bit 'to the point' here. ... just joe bloe...who's been on active hunt for an asscher cut diamond for awhile.

i dunno, but, of the first; table's great, depth could use a bit more 'depth'...but, not definitely. according to the royal asscher i have (in my possession), the depth is just over 66. it's phenominal, i mean knocks my socks off. check out my post 'the royal asscher arrived today'...okay, sure, you've got 5.93 by 5.84. yeah, wanna keep it perfectly square, but...selection and cost drives that perfection. you gonna really notice that with your hawk eyes? faint fluor...okay, well, some folks dig that slight...faint...hue of blue. gotta see the stone with a color of G. now, if you were lookin' at an H, I, or J, you'd probably dig the 'faint' fluor...it helps reduce the 'yellow' of whatever you may see in a H, I, or J stone...again, if you've hawk eyes or super color senitive eyes..i dunno. now, in my lame opinion...my only real concern with the stone ...one, or A...is the 'thn-vtk' designation on the girdle. does that mean the difference between a 'very good' and 'excellent' grading? i dunno...tons o' folks on this forum could help you...in my search, imo, i've preferred more narrowed than that on the girdle...i.e; uh, tn-med, med, stk-thk...you get it...not, very thin to very thick. again, read up on it...just my lame opinion. hey, other than that, it's all what i prefer. good stone? you call it...

am i finally on stone two? or ..b? (gosh, i'm really tired.....:))...H, cool. vvs2...sounds great... okay, table large at 66?...you let me know. maybe according to the 'best' specs. i've never seen one personally that large. but, i tell ya, visit royal asscher site and/or type in p'scope search for royal asscher or asscher cut diamonds and read until your brains fall out! lol...depth is great. girdle sounds good...from what i've read, and read only...stay away from the thick to extra thick girdles. again, only from what i've read, not seen...5.66 by 5.64 sounds good to my eyes...

now, where was i? gettin' some sleep...been a very amazing day seein' a real royal asscher in person, not in pictures. imo, pics leave alot to be desired.

oh, just my lame opinion here before i get to bed...i agree with some folks regarding the vvs range...on both ends of opinion...it depends on the other aspects of a stone your lookin' at....if it's the color you're dyin' for, the x/x instead of vg/vg you've gotta have...but 'problem is'...lol...it's a vvs instead of a vs or si, you've gotta decide for yourself...yep, by somehow callin' it in...to yourself probably. that's another story....

vvs...overkill? yeah, and no. is an E color overkill when compared to an F? is an F overkill when compared to a G? is a G overkill compared to an H? i dunno man, but, at my home i'm lookin' at a J stone that may be considered by some (including myself until today) to be tooo yellow. ......(i'm tellin' ya folks...i really, really love this cut and clarity of stone.)

hope this helps a little levi....
2.gif

most...sincerely, ron.....a guy with his heart in the right place.

(reread post and did some editing, don't wanna come across in the wrong manner....my apologies in advance..)

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 3/13/2006 8:58:53 PM
Author:levigarrett

I have researched allot about asschers and I am not happy with the ratio 1.02

Does it have some sentimental significance, this ratio? Otherwise, this is darn square - visually. The diamonds would be called ''square emerald cut'' not ''rectangular'' on GIA reports up to 1.05/1 l/w ratio, and I consider this quite conservative. Probably tat is the point with the reports though - to be a safe bet.
2.gif

... and the girdle .

There''s usually some variation in the girdle width on cut corner shapes, there may be little or more... Not sure what if any effect this has on the looks of the stone. ''Very thin'' or ''Extremely thin'' would leave me wondering if there isn''t a durability issue there. In theory, ''very thick'' eats up material and does result in smaller looking diamonds; allot more than depth does - it takes ~5% depth to accommodate as much weight as the difference between ''thin'' and ''thick'' girdle!: say 65% & thin girdle may have the same ''spread'' as a 70% deep diamond with a thin one. Sure enough the depth of the pavilion changes etc.

The description of the girdle on the report does not tell if most of the girdle is thin or thick...
38.gif

.... but for the $ I think its pretty darn good. your responses are greatly appreciated

I don''t think the girdle thickness or the deviation from 1:1 l/w had anything to do with the price, even if these things matter to you.

I could not get the pic of the GIA cert
Price: $5,626.00
Carat: 1.13
Color: G
Depth: 65.2
Table: 57
Girdle: THN-VTK
Fluorescence: Faint
Measurements: 5.93-5.84X3.81
Length/Width: 1.02

The first is somewhat larger than the second too - (look at the actual dimensions, not the weight)

They also have this asscher
tell me what yo guys think about this. This is allot cheaper and the table is a little big.
Price: $4,567.00
Carat: 1.11
Depth: 69
Table: 66
Girdle: MD-STK
Fluorescence: No
Measurements: 5.66-5.64X3.89
Length/Width: 1.00
IMO, it is worth $50 / stone to line up a couple and choose. That is not much compared to the value of the stone and IMO, seeing is believing. If there was any way to see them virtually (pictures, IS, what not), that is fine too. The numbers on GIA reports are not meant to, and do not show what these diamonds look like: either the shape (deep cut corners or no, for example) or how brilliant they are.

I would be happy even with some casually ''artistic'' pictures - much better than nothing at all.
Unfortunately, ''normal'' pictures get sometimes bashed on this forum for not being precise enough to evaluate brilliance down to technically acceptable precision. Sure not. And Also, perhaps images taken in controlled environments (ASET, IdealSCope) allow that to some degree - which is great too. But I am afraid that this position reduces the chance of having ANY IMAGE at all. And between NOTHING but the two numbers on a GIA lab report and that + a picture showing at least the shape of the diamonds... I''d rather have the pictures.

My 2c

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
I am sorry for not responding sooner.
Work is killiing me.

I know that these asschers arent the greatest by their specs but they do have potential.
I am a little scared about bring in a stone and not liking it.

I wanted a stone that has measurements around 5.95x5.95 but i cant be to critical with limited asscher supplies.
20.gif

Storm you are great, but you like myself are critical. I listen to your opinion and appreciate your time
I would like to thank all of you that have responeded to my thread
I read and consider all of your thoughts and ideas.

I need to make a decision.
Perisonally maybe I should wait for another one.
just dont want to wait to long or miss anything good
If anyone happens to see an asscher around $6000 or little less please let me know

thank you
26.gif

levi

BTW TIERHOG
Great asscher I read your thread last week.
Wish I had yours.

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Carat weight: 1.24
Clarity: VS2
Depth %: 69.6
Table %: 61
Symmetry: Excellent
Girdle: M-STK
Fluorescence: MBLUE
Measurements: 5.95x5.93x4.13

have WF since its who your working with check for this one.

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
Strmrdr
where did you see that stone and how much
thank you very much for your time.
levi
36.gif

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2006 10:14:35 PM
Author: levigarrett
Strmrdr

where did you see that stone and how much

thank you very much for your time.

levi
36.gif
its in the PS search but its shows up for some vendors and not others.
The WF link shows a blank page but the other shows it as available.
They should be able to tell you if its available.
$4880

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
Made a call today and will know asap from Jamie
I cant wait.
23.gif

thanks alot strmrdr.

levigarrett

Rough_Rock
I am getting this stone sent in on monday it will be delivered to WF on Tues.
37.gif

thanks so much and look forward to putting pics on the PS

Levi

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results