shape
carat
color
clarity

Should I (finally) go for it w/this one???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

amytude

Shiny_Rock
Got the GIA cert from DCD''s. Looks great, but the crown height is only 10%. Here''s the specs:

EC GIA certed diamond
1.78 CT
G color
SI clarity (plot shows no inclusions on table)
9.01 X 5.98 X 3.74 (good ratio for what I want)
62% table
62.5% depth
med girdle
no culet
vg polish
vg symmetry
no fluor.
10% crown height

So hesitant abt buying online, I think the price is $9854. I would appreciate any comments--I''ve learned so much here. Thanks!

chantheman

Rough_Rock
While I can give you no advice on purchasing an EC, I can tell you I too was hesitant to make such a large purchase over the internet.

A few things to help assuage your concerns...

1)PS represented vendors tend to be of the highest caliber. They recognize that those of us who use PS will tend to be more discerning in nature. All of them build their business on offering beautiful stones and honest service.

2)Make sure you work with a vendor who offers you the ability to have the stone appraised by an independent appraiser at little to no risk to you. (Most if not all PS vendors allow for this.) If for any reason during this inspection period you decide you don''t like the stone, you can return it. Make sure you have the stone independently appraised.

3)I finally threw caution to the wind and used two PS vendors. One for the stone and another for a custom made mount. Both transactions were flawless and I got exactly what I was promised and more from both. Look at the positive experiences shared throughout the forums.

Good Luck!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
The folks at DCD are great about picking fabulous diamonds. Is this a stone that DCD has in-house? If so, what have they told you about the diamond? If this is a list stone, have DCD bring it in to them and look it over for you or have the diamond shipped to an independent appraiser. That way you can have the diamond professionally evaluated to better help with your decision. Better to have a pro act as your eyes on your behalf than to have a diamond drop shipped to you.
1.gif

amytude

Shiny_Rock
No, they don''t have it--already emailed them about them getting it in first and looking it over. I contacted an independent appraiser in my area, so I have that ready to go if need be. I tell you, it was hard finding a truly "independent" appraiser. I live in the Cleveland, OH area and I could only find 2!!! Thanks so much for the all the advice and keep it coming...

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 1/31/2005 4:14:15 PM
Author: amytude
No, they don''t have it--already emailed them about them getting it in first and looking it over. I contacted an independent appraiser in my area, so I have that ready to go if need be. I tell you, it was hard finding a truly ''independent'' appraiser. I live in the Cleveland, OH area and I could only find 2!!! Thanks so much for the all the advice and keep it coming...

It sounds like you are on the right path.
The best advice I can give you is to carry on :}

Awesome, Amytude. You''ve really been doing your homework - especially having an appraiser already lined up. I say if you can see the diamond before committing, go for it. An SI could be a great buy. I have a G emerald cut (also a GIA rating) and I''m thrilled with the color. It looks very white.

How fun - keep us posted!

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Amytude,
You have been given great advice. I love ECs myself and the one you are planning to buy looks perfect by the numbers. All that is left is to see it for yourself and have it confirmed by an appraiser. I hope it turns out to be a winner!
21.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results