shape
carat
color
clarity

SHOULD I BUY THESE MATCHING PEARS?

greenline

Rough_Rock
I am looking to potentially buy these matching pears, but have never bought pears before. Here are the pics etc from the vendor's lab reports. What do you all think? (I want the good and the bad.) FYI they will be set in a thin bezel as an earring drop jacket to a similar H&A round stud. Take my word for it they are a good match to the studs. I just want to make sure these pears are quality. I appreciate your feedback!

Note - Since I could only upload 4 attachments to this post, I couldn't include either of the IS photos or the 2nd of the ASETs. I may upload them later in a reply. But either way, what do you all think? THANK YOU!

gia2166379954-and-gia1169132145.jpg

sarin_gia1169132145.jpg

sarin_gia2166379954.jpg

ast_gia1169132145.jpg

greenline

Rough_Rock
Here are the other pics I wasn't able to upload on the original post.....

sbs_1.jpg

ast_gia2166379954.jpg

is_gia1169132145.jpg

is_gia2166379954.jpg

greenline

Rough_Rock
I noticed a lot of people have viewed this post, but no one has replied. I am just looking for a thumbs up (or down) from someone with more knowledge than me to know that I am making a good purchase (if I decide to). I appreciate any feedback you have on these pears.

Thank you!

dragonfly411

Ideal_Rock
I think they are beautiful myself :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I think they will make beautiful drops. They certainly look a lot a like.

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look well-matched and are very pretty IMO

kenny

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
In the IS and ASET images they look among the better-cut pears I've seen.

I think good-cut is challenging to achieve in the pear shape since it is so unsymmetrical with that point on one end and round on the other end.

Will these be dangly earrings?
IMO that's the perfect use for pear shape diamonds.
A pendant is next-best but it does not dangle freely like earrings do.

cflutist

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like their shape appeal (girdle outline) very much, they are well matched and would make fine drops.

Meezermom

Shiny_Rock
They are gorgeous.

mrs-b

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Greenline -

I'm currently assembling the stones for a pair of pear drop earrings. I'd use the ones you posted in a heartbeat - they're a lovely match. Your table stats and crown angles are a nice match, and that makes a big diff to the way pears look, in my opinion. If the tables are wildly different, you can tell.

These look lovely.

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look beautiful.. I had an oval once and the black band drove me to upgrade.. these don't seem to have that at all.... Love pears!

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
They look very pretty to me. I agree they would make great dangle earrings.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
They match each other very well.

lambskin

Ideal_Rock
Premium
By all means yes! Half carat pear drops are going to be beautiful. Can't wait to see the finished product. :love:

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
What color are the studs that they will hang from? I have a G pear and definitely see a little warmth on the tip. You may want to keep in mind the color of the diamonds they will go with.

One pear looks a little fatter than the other, but it's probably not noticeable IRL and on separate ears.

There don't appear to be any bow tie issues. The glamour shot looks especially fantastic.

Does WF have any rules about bezel-set diamonds being a final sale?

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results