color
clarity

Should Elin divorce Tiger?

Should Elin divorce Tiger?

• No

Votes: 1 100.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

fieryred33143

Ideal_Rock
If she stays with him, she''s an idiot. I''m sorry to be so blunt but I think it would be insanely stupid of her to stay.

MissMina

Brilliant_Rock
Yes.
Just like when Lucy divorced Desi

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
If she were to stay, it would only portray her as a gold-digger, IMO. Just like all of the other pink diamond wearing wives in Hollywood.
7.gif

He humilated her far beyond what would be the breaking point of most, put her life and health in danger, and at the core of it, completely broke her trust, not once, but 14 times (that we know about!)

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/21/2009 11:08:53 PM
Author: Tacori E-ring
Date: 12/21/2009 10:47:55 PM

Author: VRBeauty

Date: 12/21/2009 10:36:26 PM

Only she knows what is right for her. I have learned long ago that what I might do may not be the right thing for someone else. I can only hope she is true to herself, her feelings and that she has someone trusted she can talk to.

You''re right of course, but his actions seem so egregious that unless they had an understanding that extramerital affairs would be OK, I think she would have to leave him if only to preserve her self-respect. She could always re-marry him later if he ever gets his act together... at which point she would be in a much stronger position.

I respectfully disagree. Unless you are in her shoes you do *NOT* know what you would do. We can pretend but they are just meaningless threats and empty promises. Maybe you would leave. Maybe you wouldn''t. We do not know what goes on behind closed doors. I am NOT defending his actions. What he did was disgusting and horrible in so many ways but she has NO reason to be embarrassed or lose her self-respect. His actions are not a reflection on her. They are his sins, his choices and his mistakes. It might feel nice confessing someone else''s sins but no good will ever come from it. Leaving him is not the only way she can grow as a stronger person. Point is there is no right or wrong answer. It is her choice and like Penn stated none of my business.
2.gif

I big puffy heart you, Tacori. I saw the title of this thread and was about to get my panties in a bunch but you expressed my thoughts exactly.
36.gif

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I do think it is really complicated. I think it has to do if she loves him and whether she believes he loves her. Women (rightly) intertwine sex and love, but men like Tiger can separate the two, I think. I definitely do NOT agree with this AT ALL, but I think a love affair where the man falls in love with the other woman is actually much worse. I do think the betrayal involves a lot more people than just Tiger. I would be hurt that his staff made all these arrangements for him over and over again. I think if she stays, she''ll be staying with the understanding that he will not be faithful, but the benefits of keeping the family together, the financial, etc. might be worth it to her. I am sure she probably had a fairytale life, except for this one BIG secret.

meresal

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:20:13 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
If she were to stay, it would only portray her as a gold-digger, IMO. Just like all of the other pink diamond wearing wives in Hollywood.
7.gif
Ditto. If she stays, I don''t think that it will have anything to do with love. IMO, it will have to do with status and money.

It would be hard to leave that life. She is a former model that no one had heard about until she started dating Tiger. I bet she likes being married to a famous guy, and I would assume that leaving her current status would be a hard change. And unlike other couples that divorce... she will have to see her ex husbands new women on national tv, living the life she used to. She will never be able to escape him.

I''m not saying I agree, but I''m just saying there is a possible whole other side to this story that no one wants to admit.

mrscushion

Ideal_Rock
Yes. One affair, I could get past, but the egregiousness of his actions -- never.

MustangGal

Ideal_Rock
I could *maybe* get past a one night stand, but what Tiger has done is completely unforgivable. And if she keeps the kids (which I''m sure she would get custody), she won''t be hurting for money, he''ll have to pay enough child support to keep them comfortable.

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just like I didn''t think it was any of my business when every woman I knew was eviscerating Hillary for staying with Bill, and me for suggesting that it was their marriage, not theirs, or mine, I don''t think this situation is any of my business. I don''t want anybody judging my marriage, so I try very hard not to judge anyone else''s choices within theirs. I know what I would do, but would not suggest to another that they should do what I would. She will make her choice, and the world will continue to spin.

Besides, I truly, madly, deeply, do.not.care.

janinegirly

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 12:57:12 PM
Author: ksinger
Just like I didn''t think it was any of my business when every woman I knew was eviscerating Hillary for staying with Bill, and me for suggesting that it was their marriage, not theirs, or mine, I don''t think this situation is any of my business. I don''t want anybody judging my marriage, so I try very hard not to judge anyone else''s choices within theirs. I know what I would do, but would not suggest to another that they should do what I would. She will make her choice, and the world will continue to spin.

tell us what you really think

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
She will make her choice, and the world will continue to spin.

I agree. It must me comforting for people to know what they would do in every situation but unfortunately I do not have that foresight.

I don''t think she would look like a gold digger at ALL if she stayed. To me she would look like a woman who is really in love with him and wants to work on her marriage. Pride can get someone in a lot of trouble. She is a very rich woman with or without Tiger. Just imagine the book deal she could get.

Mischa, no problem friend.
2.gif
Our views may be unpopular but luckily there is no right way to think or feel.

VR, I feel the same way about this thread as I do about any other hypothetical thread posted on PS. Not everyone would do what they claim they would. That''s what is so interesting in life. Luckily we are all stronger than we think. No, she is probably not going to read this thread. That is not what I was referring to. I was saying in *general* I find it interesting how easy it is for people to confess the sins of others instead of looking deep within themselves. I am not saying any woman (or man) deserves to go through such a struggle but life happens. People disappoint. We are all human and make mistakes. Tiger will have to deal with his choices and make amends. She has the choice to stay or go. But as I said before it is impossible for me to judge or even give advice on someone else''s marriage.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Uh...

YES!

For those who think she should stay because she still loves him: it doesn't matter. He does not love her. A self-respecting woman shouldn't love someone who is undeserving of her love and who shows such little regard or concern for her.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
The fact that they have two little kids (and isn''t one a baby?) and Tiger still chose to cheat on Elin is appalling to me. It would be bad if they didn''t have kids, but this is so much worse. Tiger''s basically written off his family by doing that, and that''s not okay in my book. How on earth could someone choose to have an affair over spending quality time with your children? Ugh.
14.gif

HollyS

Ideal_Rock

Well, yeah.

Except.

If it wasn''t such a colossal fiasco of his own making, most of us wouldn''t give it much thought beyond "What an a$$!" But, his ''a$$ness'' keeps growing expotentially with every new bimbo and every texting revelation. Crap this big gets to stinking. And then everybody has an opinion about how it should be dealt with.
3.gif

As for Hillary, she knew. In her heart she''s always known. It was in her best interests (she thought) to look the other way. And in his weird way, Bill loves and respects her. His marriage vows? Not so much.

In Tiger''s case, Elin was just good publicity. Great PR. Too bad the threesome in his tighty whities couldn''t stay out of trouble.
31.gif

I''m sure Tiger truly, madly, deeply doesn''t care about you either.
2.gif

Miscka

Brilliant_Rock
"As for Hillary, she knew. In her heart she''s always known. It was in her best interests (she thought) to look the other way. And in his weird way, Bill loves and respects her. His marriage vows? Not so much.

In Tiger''s case, Elin was just good publicity. Great PR. Too bad the threesome in his tighty whities couldn''t stay out of trouble."

Wow, Holly you sure have a lot of insight into other people''s marriages.

What''s the saying? Judge not...

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Well. This is an interesting thread. I voted "yes," but in all honesty, I think there are 3 sides (and in this case, about a gazillion sides or so it seems) to every story. What you have here with this case is not typical of marriages in general, this involves celebrity, fame, fortune, etc. I don''t think Woods'' behavior is excusable in the least, but I have to wonder about the why''s. I can''t be bothered to spend all that much time even thinking about the subject, since I have my own life to live, but of course the whole issue leads me to feel somewhat curious/sort of interested. Like, I have to wonder, if I were a celebrity athlete or supermodel or whatever, and I had men basically throwing themselves at me night and day...even if I was married with children, would I be tempted? I can''t say, as I''m not in that position nor will ever be. Thankfully I don''t buy lottery tickets, I can see all those millions getting me into a world of trouble!
3.gif

Dancing Fire

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 11:20:13 AM
Author: LaurenThePartier
7.gif

He humilated her far beyond what would be the breaking point of most, put her life and health in danger, and at the core of it, completely broke her trust, not once, but 14 times (that we know about!)
32.gif
but a golfer usually plays 18

ksinger

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/22/2009 7:14:30 PM
Author: HollyS

Well, yeah.

Except.

If it wasn''t such a colossal fiasco of his own making, most of us wouldn''t give it much thought beyond ''What an a$$!'' But, his ''a$$ness'' keeps growing expotentially with every new bimbo and every texting revelation. Crap this big gets to stinking. And then everybody has an opinion about how it should be dealt with.
3.gif

As for Hillary, she knew. In her heart she''s always known. It was in her best interests (she thought) to look the other way. And in his weird way, Bill loves and respects her. His marriage vows? Not so much.

In Tiger''s case, Elin was just good publicity. Great PR. Too bad the threesome in his tighty whities couldn''t stay out of trouble.
31.gif

I''m sure Tiger truly, madly, deeply doesn''t care about you either.
2.gif
20.gif
Whatever.

oddoneout

Ideal_Rock
Hell Yeah!

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Only she knows what is right for her. I have learned long ago that what I might do may not be the right thing for someone else. I can only hope she is true to herself, her feelings and that she has someone trusted she can talk to.
Perfectly put. I think we all go through life thinking we know exactly how we''d react to various situations, and I think often we judge people for not doing things exactly the way we think we would handle it. But if it were to ever happen to us we''d have to face exactly how complex and painful the situation is, and who knows what we''d do. We certainly wouldn''t want millions of people watching us and deciding for us what should be done.

I don''t think she should or shouldn''t divorce him. I think she should take all the time she needs to make a decision, and do what she feels is best for her and her children, and to heck with everybody else''s opinions.

steph72276

Ideal_Rock
Personally, I think they BOTH need a separation from each other to figure out if they even want to try to work things out. Tiger may find that he is relieved that the secret is finally out...he can divorce her and date all kinds of women. Or he may realize he was a fool to possibly throw away his marriage and children over these "transgressions". Elin may decide she is better on her own and may want to start again anew. Or she may decide that she loves him enough to at least try to work on their marriage. I don''t think divorce is something people should jump into, even under horrible circumstances *with the exception of domestic abuse*. I hope she gets away and thinks long and hard about what she wants to do...

lilyfoot

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 10:03:54 AM
Author: princesss

Perfectly put. I think we all go through life thinking we know exactly how we''d react to various situations, and I think often we judge people for not doing things exactly the way we think we would handle it. But if it were to ever happen to us we''d have to face exactly how complex and painful the situation is, and who knows what we''d do. We certainly wouldn''t want millions of people watching us and deciding for us what should be done.

I don''t think she should or shouldn''t divorce him. I think she should take all the time she needs to make a decision, and do what she feels is best for her and her children, and to heck with everybody else''s opinions.
Exactly. Nobody knows the full details of their (or any) relationship besides the 2 people in it.

kroshka

Brilliant_Rock
I think she should only consider staying with him if he proves his remorse by getting castrated
31.gif

Kroshka

Lauren8211

Super_Ideal_Rock
I would likely leave.

I have no idea though... there are children involved. That changes everything.

I''m not a parent so I''m not sure what I''d do.

If she stayed, I would not see her as a gold digger - I assume she''d get a nice settlement if she left, also?

HollyS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/22/2009 11:38:57 PM
Author: Miscka
''As for Hillary, she knew. In her heart she''s always known. It was in her best interests (she thought) to look the other way. And in his weird way, Bill loves and respects her. His marriage vows? Not so much.

In Tiger''s case, Elin was just good publicity. Great PR. Too bad the threesome in his tighty whities couldn''t stay out of trouble.''

Wow, Holly you sure have a lot of insight into other people''s marriages.

What''s the saying? Judge not...
My response was tongue-firmly-in-cheek. It was silliness. Your response was a snark. Thanks so much.

Laila619

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/23/2009 10:48:52 AM
Author: lilyfoot

Exactly. Nobody knows the full details of their (or any) relationship besides the 2 people in it.
Well, what other ''full details'' are there to know? He cheated numerous times with many different women and put her LIFE and health at risk. Sounds good enough.

princesss

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/23/2009 12:57:54 PM
Author: Laila619

Date: 12/23/2009 10:48:52 AM
Author: lilyfoot

Well, what other ''full details'' are there to know? He cheated numerous times with many different women and put her LIFE and health at risk. Sounds good enough.
There''s how she feels about him. There''s whether she is the type to stick it out and make it work or leave (in general). There''s their kids, and custody issues - it may make a difference to her if she''d be able to get full custody or shared, and if she could take them back to Sweden with her, or if she''d have to stay in the States. There''s whether she feels she has support from her family/friends. There''s whether she can face the idea of starting over. There are a million factors I can''t even think up because I''ve never been in this situation.

What is "enough" for you to call it quits may not be enough for her or me or my sister''s friend''s cousin''s friend''s wife.

zoebartlett

Super_Ideal_Rock
Tacori and Princesss -- I do agree that only Elin and Tiger know what is right for them and their family. Obviously I''d be really upset if I was in Elin''s shoes, but I''m not, so I can''t judge. I wouldn''t judge Elin if she chose to stay with Tiger or if she leaves. I do hope they are able to work through this tough time and do what''s best for everyone involved.

I have to admit that I''m skeptical about Tiger''s supposed affairs with so many women. Who knows what''s really true. All these girls just keep coming out of the wood work, and it''s hard to believe everything I see in the news.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
Is he on his boat?

violet3

Ideal_Rock
Premium
100% yes. she should divorce him. Tiger woods is a jack*ss - i have no problem with being a billionaire and living the life with whatever women you would like to, but then, DON''T GET MARRIED for crying out loud!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results