shape
carat
color
clarity

Short timeframe - price check...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rjp

Rough_Rock
Howdy folks. Wow - this site is a life-saver. I'm sure y'all are tired of "is this a good deal" type of postings - so forgive me if I post yet another. I'm working on a short timeframe and need professional input as to whether or not I am over-paying for the stone in question. I am in Canada and am planning on buying the diamond below for $XXXX US$ + shipping + duty:

Carat weight: 0.89
Cut: Round Ideal
Color: F
Clarity: VS1
Depth %: 61.6%
Table %: 56%
Symmetry: Ideal
Polish: Ideal
Girdle: Medium to slightly thick, faceted
Culet: Pointed
Fluorescence: Neglibible
Measurements: 6.16x6.18x3.80 mm
Reports: AGSL, GCAL

Thanks for the input - I've been searching for while now and the deadline is looming so I guess I'm just looking for some 3rd party verification of my purchase.

Cheers.

MissAva

Ideal_Rock
Have you compared those number to the ones via the price comparison?

rjp

Rough_Rock
Matatora,

Thanks for the reply!

Based on the price search - similar stones (0.90 ct) are available for ~$XXXX($XXX less than I am paying for the 0.89 ct) however the 0.90 ct stones listed only have "Very Good" polish and symmetry (whereas my 0.89 ct has "idea" polish and symmetry).

On a price per carat level - it looks as if I'm paying ~$850 more per carat for "Ideal" polish and symmetry.

--- So to add to the questioning: having ideal symmetry & polish (opposed to VG) - is it worth the additional cost?

belle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 6/2/2005 11:17:27 AM
Author: rjp
On a price per carat level - it looks as if I''m paying ~$850 more per carat for ''Ideal'' polish and symmetry.

--- So to add to the questioning: having ideal symmetry & polish (opposed to VG) - is it worth the additional cost?
you have to ask yourself that question. is it worth it to YOU to pay extra for ideal polish and symmetry? i can tell you that i will pay for ideal, but you need to decide for yourself if it is worth it. whatever you decide, you need to be comfortable with your purchase. best of luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results