shape
carat
color
clarity

Short term insurance

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockyTop

Rough_Rock
Is it possible to get insurance for my ring for a couple weeks?

I don''t have homeowners/renter''s insurance but my g/f does. I can''t get her to put the ring on her policy without giving away the surprise. The only reason why I am concerned about insurance for such a short period of time is that we''ll be traveling and I would guess that would be the most likely time to lose a ring, especially if you''re not used to wearing one.

Any thoughts? Am I being overly paranoid?

FYI: The ring will be ~5k, but I''m just a college student so that is a significant chunk of change to me.

Regular Guy

Ideal_Rock
I don''t think so.

But anyway, consider being a sport, go for a standard year. In the FAQ section, they mention a couple of insurance options, including Chubb (read posts here, may be challenging to get), and Jewler''s Mutual, which may suit you fine. To these I''d add State Farm, which if I were you, I''d start with, providing you with a local rep, who after no more than a handful of calls, if not on your first call, will service you for a year, and will meet you in person. I think for a year, you''ll pay in the neighborhood of $50, and you''ll have peace of mind.

JohnQuixote

Ideal_Rock
Insurance is always the best insurance...

I think you would be wise to get it covered.
Here is Chubb contact info. David is good people and if he can''t help you he may know someone who can.
I do recall that they may not write for under 10K (?)

Chubb
David Stone
The Plastridge Agency of Boca Raton
Toll Free: 1-800-473-6603
E-mail: [email protected]

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results