color
clarity

Short girl in rain boots.

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
HELP!

I ADORED
30.gif
the Jimmy Choo Hunter boots on Rachel Bilson, so I bought them after a full year of pining. Found them a bit too tall and MUCH too large around the calves. Now I'm considering
this short version, which is 10" tall instead of 15" or 16".

I have two requests from you lovely ladies:
1) Your thoughts on the short version for a short girl?
30.gif
28.gif
, or
20.gif
? Are they ugly/clunky?

2)Do any of you have pics in which you're wearing any sort of Hunter boot (tall, short, Jimmy Choo or not)? Particularly if you're 5'4" or shorter!

smiles

Shiny_Rock
Hey blingbunny!

I have the "classic" hunter rainboots (in a glossy finish) and I am 5''2". I only find the height uncomfortable if I am going to be sitting them for an extended amount of time. I find they dig into the backs of my knees a bit in those situations.

Personally, I doubt I would buy a shorter boot because they usually end at the fattest part of my calf and I am not sure it is the most flattering look for me. I would try them on and see if you like how the shorter ones look! I feel like its totally personal and everyone will have personal preferences in this department!

oobiecoo

Ideal_Rock
I'm really short (4'11") and also have wider calves so I ordered the Huntress. I think its a tiny bit shorter than the original and its shaped more for a lady's leg so the calf is a bit bigger. I love them and don't feel strange in them at all! Personally, I'm not a huge fan of the shorter ones you posted but its a personal preference. Sorry I don't have a pic to show you... not sure I could really stuff my pregnant, swollen legs into my boots if I even wanted to!

blingbunny10

Brilliant_Rock
Thanks smiles and oobiecoo!

In case anyone else is having (or will have) the same problem, I ended up purchasing the Haymarket Check Burberry boots pictured below. These are a few inches shorter and provide a much slimmer fit around the calves than either the Hunter or Choo wellies. A good choice for us short girls who don't want to be swimming in our rain boots!

AAAAAmKzpSIAAAAAALmAJQ.jpg

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results